Patriots get Brandin Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought teams were supposed to get worse after winning the Superbowl?

Patsies got Ealy today, too.
Ealy is horrible. He's had one good game in his career it just happened to be in the Super Bowl. Other than that he's fallen flat on his face.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saints are idiots though for this trade, turn down the #18 in the draft and settle for the #32 and have to give up another pick to get #32.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I share everyone's opinion. This is just, baffling. I mean, if there was ever a yr Brady could break Peyton's TD record this is it. Wouldn't shock me if he throes 60 TDs.

I really was hoping the Rams would get Cooks. I even thought maybe we would get him by throwing our 2nd rd pick in there with TruJo. Dang. Pretty down about Tavon and Woods as the starters.

Cooks is good but but your talking way to high a cost for the guy. No way we would have gave a 2 as well that 8-8 bs right there. My question is what is so wrong with the guy that the Saints wanted rid of him so bad

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Why do I get the feeling that the Patriots are doing something they normally don't....trade as much as possible for "Now" players.

Is it possible Brady has said one to two more years is all he has and they want to break the record for Superbowl wins etc?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Why do I get the feeling that the Patriots are doing something they normally don't....trade as much as possible for "Now" players.

Is it possible Brady has said one to two more years is all he has and they want to break the record for Superbowl wins etc?

Now players? Cooks and Ealy are both young. What they're doing, is raping GMs across the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My question is what is so wrong with the guy that the Saints wanted rid of him so bad

What I've read is they were expecting it to be difficult to resign him, due to other needs... and he was complaining about wanting more targets.

Not sure if one, both, or none of that is true.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I share everyone's opinion. This is just, baffling. I mean, if there was ever a yr Brady could break Peyton's TD record this is it. Wouldn't shock me if he throes 60 TDs.
I feel like they have such little to prove at this point that they are looking to get Brady the TD record and go undefeated to boot

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My question is what is so wrong with the guy that the Saints wanted rid of him so bad

I'm also trying to understand why the Saints decided to trade him. Who was the #1 receiver for the Saints? Maybe they felt he was not worth the price tag bc he has the potential to be a #1 receiver elsewhere? Is it better to trade him while he is in the last year of rookie contract?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Cooks is good but but your talking way to high a cost for the guy. No way we would have gave a 2 as well that 8-8 bs right there. My question is what is so wrong with the guy that the Saints wanted rid of him so bad

The owner is in poor health and they're trying to shed salaries like mad so that any new ownership group won't be saddled with tons of contracts. So you won't likely see the Saints signing any huge contracts.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

nah, they're just playing it right, getting in-form young guys and upgrading their roster - its what all GMs should do

jjab360

Legend
Saints are idiots though for this trade, turn down the #18 in the draft and settle for the #32 and have to give up another pick to get #32.
I doubt that the rumors of the Titans offer are true, otherwise Saints would've taken it that's common sense.

It's possible Titans were offering their first for Cooks and the Saints second or something like that and the rumor mill didn't catch that last part.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The owner is in poor health and they're trying to shed salaries like mad so that any new ownership group won't be saddled with tons of contracts. So you won't likely see the Saints signing any huge contracts.

That's not how it works. Plus, Cooks is still on his rookie contract. They traded him because he was becoming a locker room cancer. He kept complaining about his targets, and he reportedly was really bitter towards rookie Michael Thomas because Thomas was being treated as more of the #1 WR.

He's an incredibly talented WR, but he has a massive ego.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's actual reportage coming from NO.

The Bensons may have to sell and they aren't going to saddle any new group with big contracts nor are they going to pay any big signing bonuses to benefit the next owner.

Not Brandin Cooks nor anyone else is gonna sign a big contract there esp if it requires a big signing bonus.

That Cooks had other issues only made it easier to pull the trigger.