Our schedule isn't tough, our talent has improved, no excuses this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@FRO
Hate to disagree, but the schedule looks pretty damn tough...as usual...AFC North is weaker than the AFC West...barely...I don't see any easy or gimme games...Do you?

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@FRO
Hate to disagree, but the schedule looks pretty damn tough...as usual...AFC North is weaker than the AFC West...barely...I don't see any easy or gimme games...Do you?
The Redskins, 49ers, Browns, Bears, and Bucceneers are all bad football teams.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The Rams have not earned the right to consider any games as gimmes
I think you hit the nail on the head here Fatbot, the Rams haven't earned the right to say things are a gimme or they have an easy stretch of schedule.

Not when they're such an inconsistent team and haven't won anymore than any of the other teams on the list. Like Angry Ram said, I'm looking for good, consistent and strong play. No more taking the halves or whole quarters off, no more excusing substandard play and just generally playing to win.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm only picking them to miss the playoffs because they are in our division. If I were being totally neutral, I like the Cardinals a little.

Until Bruce Arians took that cheap shot last season, I would've agreed with you. Now they are in the same boat as the shitchickens and forty fuckers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vs Seahawks
@ Redskins

Vs Steelers
@Arizona
@ Green Bay
Bye
Vs Cleveland
Vs San Fran
@ Vikings
Vs Bears

@ Ravens
@ Bengals
Vs Arizona
Vs Detroit
Vs Tampa

@ Seahawks
@ San Fran

I'll go crazy and go with a 10-6 record (4-2 in division) and a shot at the wildcard. I'd like to think we have a chance @Bengals but that's two tough road games in a row. Detroit at home will be tough as well as will be finishing the season with 2 on the road in division. 10 wins is doable imo but 6 wins is also possible.

fearsomefour

Legend
For all the talk of the 9ers being down this year they haven't looked down on the field.
We aren't in a position to look down on any team - we're 0-0 like everyone else. One game at a time should be our motto.
People saying SF is going to win 2 or 3 games is a real stretch for me. They still have talent on that team. Playing SF with their front seven and D scheme is not going to be a gimme. They still have talent in the front seven. They still have a QB who can be maddening and they still have some play makers on the O. For the Rams to take anyone lightly would be a mistake.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Nah man. Outta here with that nonsense. We've by in large written off the past 3 years of Rams football due to injuries and scheme. No more. I get Gurley is important, but there are at least two backs plenty capable of toting the rock 15-20 times a game.

Fish receives no free passes from me this year, even if Gurley were to miss the entire season. You have your defense cemented in place, a healthy starting QB and your franchise left tackle to boot. If they're sub .500 come January, fire up the coaching carousel.

I thought the no excuses applied to last year, then we had a disappointing year and boom excuses. I'll believe it when I see it, I just don't believe there will be any consequences for any of this staff if we have another losing season, partly due to the relocation bull shit, and partly because there was no consequences to a losing season in year 3.

But we'll see.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
9ers - 8-8
Browns - 7-9
Rams - 6-10
Bears - 5-11
Skins - 4-12
Buds - 2-14

How exactly are those teams that surround us so much worse then we are?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Winning home games would be easier if the fans come out and the place is rocking behind that defense. However, I fear a dead dome from the opening kickoff on that will make home games a neutral field event at best.

I'm sure our fellow ROD members will make enough noise week 1. ;)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Winning home games would be easier if the fans come out and the place is rocking behind that defense. However, I fear a dead dome from the opening kickoff on that will make home games a neutral field event at best.

Week 3 is gonna be a Steelers home game. I guarantee it.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
9ers - 8-8
Browns - 7-9
Rams - 6-10
Bears - 5-11
Skins - 4-12
Buds - 2-14

How exactly are those teams that surround us so much worse then we are?
That's what their record was last year. It's a new season and I think a few got worse.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
@FRO

To me it doesn't matter what the schedule is. We need a winning record and there should be no excuse. The staff and the players have had 3 years to work out the kinks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BKo3qdC.gif

Well; I'm not rooting for them! :sneaky: Just think they'll be decent, again.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I agree with you, FRO.

The lack of talent excuse is no longer valid.

The lack of a starting caliber QB excuse is no longer valid.

The "tough schedule" excuse never was valid.

As Magic Johnson used to say, "It's winnin' time"!

It's squarely on you, Fisher. We've waited plenty long enough for the damned playoffs.

VinnyRam

UDFA
While we look at some of those games and think they are wins... Trust me... The other teams look at their schedules and are counting the Rams game as a win for them. What have the Rams done to earn any respect??? We didnt exactly light it up this pre season!!!!Foles throws a perfect pass and hits Cook in the mitts---he
misses it and a pick six, penalty after penalty, offensive line is a huge question. This seems to be Rams football... Until they can play on a consistent basis, no way this team gets 10 wins. No way. I love the Rams and am watching every single week but I also am a realist---I see this team 7-9 again. I sure hope I am wrong.... Go Rams.

ram007

Starter
I believe Rams will start 5-3 or better.

If they start 3-5 Rams can throw the towel in in NFC

ram007

Starter

I agree. These are bad football teams and gimmies to go 5-0 and if the point differential in each games is less than 10 points it would be a surprise

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams schedule is very tough schedule. Arizona and Seattle are going to be very tough. I am picking Arz to go to the SB
Then they play the AFC Central Pitt, Bal, Cinn, and Cleveland ALL very tough games.
Then they play the NFC Central Chi, Det, Minn, and GB. Det could be tough, GB will be tough, and Minn may be really good this year.
Lucky the only two games that are not scripted are TB and Wash which they should win.
All other games will be tough and division games are always tough.

And I don't want to see Gurley back to soon especially with this OL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That schedule looks pretty tough to me. But it depends on SF and Arizona.