OT: Post Dispatch is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Damn, it's really in bad shape. I went to visit to get the lowdown on the place, accidentally thought I stumbled onto a 9ers board. No place in the world happier that the Rams lost than there. I've seen 9ers boards more somber about it than there.

Mods really gave up on that place, no sort of filters or sign of Rams allegiance on there. It's a cavalcade of I told you sos and "SEE (insert Ram here) suck!"

It's almost disgusting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: OT: Post Dispatch is the most pathetic thing I've ever s

Your first visit? :lol:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
Your first visit? :lol:
:lmao: Not even close, I wish it was my first go around with the PD.

It's just a shame, used to be one of the most knowledgeable Rams boards out there. Now it's just a sham of a place that looks more like a rival board than anything.

You never really get used to how far it fell and can still fall.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

It has its function. Did you know that almost every other privately owned Rams board out there started because of that shit hole? Clan Ram, RRF, this jernt. Maybe even The Herd, but I'm not entirely sure about that. It's also a good place to go if you feel like making someone look stupid. It's sadistic, I know, but ... still fun.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Yeah the PD board sucks if your a Rams fan. The only good I have ever found from the PD board was an invite to this site. I still go there for laughs when Im really bored but most of it isnt even funny anymore it is just down right sickening. Why anyone with that much hatred for a team would still call themselves fans is beyond me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

RamBall said:
Yeah the PD board sucks if your a Rams fan. The only good I have ever found from the PD board was an invite to this site. I still go there for laughs when Im really bored but most of it isnt even funny anymore it is just down right sickening. Why anyone with that much hatred for a team would still call themselves fans is beyond me.

It's why you, and many of us, are here.

It's nice to hear from others (you) who want to root FOR our team!

joeybittick

Rookie

Yeah, I hate that board. I peruse it every once in awhile and it is almost exclusively a safe haven for trolls and assholes. I kind of view my trips there as a rescue mission, maybe I can save some of the few good posters from that place and give them a life raft in the form of ROD. Unfortunately, I am not sure there are any good posters left over there. It seems like it's four or five guys with different alts going back and forth.

I have heard that "certain sites" (that should cover my ass, right :whistle: :sly: ) employ people to stir shit up in order to drive up hits. Basically assholes and trolls keep people coming back to argue, driving up the traffic numbers to the site. That might just be conspiracy BS, :noidea: but it certainly seems possible judging by the state of the place.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

joeybittick said:
Yeah, I hate that board. I peruse it every once in awhile and it is almost exclusively a safe haven for trolls and assholes. I kind of view my trips there as a rescue mission, maybe I can save some of the few good posters from that place and give them a life raft in the form of ROD. Unfortunately, I am not sure there are any good posters left over there. It seems like it's four or five guys with different alts going back and forth.

I have heard that "certain sites" (that should cover my ass, right :whistle: :sly: ) employ people to stir shyte up in order to drive up hits. Basically assholes and trolls keep people coming back to argue, driving up the traffic numbers to the site. That might just be conspiracy BS, :noidea: but it certainly seems possible judging by the state of the place.
Yea but it eventually drives them away alla that site you speak of lol

joeybittick

Rookie

Rabid Ram said:
joeybittick said:

I have heard that "certain sites" (that should cover my ass, right :whistle: :sly: ) employ people to stir shyte up in order to drive up hits. Basically assholes and trolls keep people coming back to argue, driving up the traffic numbers to the site. That might just be conspiracy BS, :noidea: but it certainly seems possible judging by the state of the place.
Exactly. I am just glad we have this place, otherwise I would hardly ever get to talk about the Rams.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

joeybittick said:
Rabid Ram said:
joeybittick said:

Exactly. I am just glad we have this place, otherwise I would hardly ever get to talk about the Rams.
Yup and I will protect this site with everything I got :)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

You know you suck when you let someone like C.N. Namor run rampid on trolling every user on that site...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

There's so many trolls there I don't even think they're having any football discussion, it's just everybody calling each other names and talking about how right they are.

It's a good place to go if RoD ever starts to look too negative for you, it's a great reminder that X gave us a great place to talk about the Rams, good or bad. Not a hell hole of insulting the team to make your point look good.

Thanks X and co!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

joeybittick said:

Ummm ,,, Hardly Ever is an extreme understatement.

Where the hell have you been Bittick ?

V3

Hall of Fame

One of the many reasons I left there. I should have left earlier. The only thing I miss from there are my number of posts. :p

6th rounder, here I come!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Its so bad that I've finally jumped ship to this place. This is my first post - I posted under tat501 at the PD but Im not going to anymore. Its been trolled to death. Can't believe the mods just gave up on it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

RaminExile said:
Its so bad that I've finally jumped ship to this place. This is my first post - I posted under tat501 at the PD but Im not going to anymore. Its been trolled to death. Can't believe the mods just gave up on it.

Welcome!

It sounds like you'll fit right in!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

I love how the trolls will sometimes outright lie about what's in your post or make up BS based on what you said in an effort to avoid the actual point of what you posted.

It's always cute how they think everybody on the board is blind and won't see them making stuff up.

BobCarl

Rookie

RaminExile said:
... at the PD ... Its been trolled to death.

Getting advertising for a site like the PD is all about page views ... advertisers couldn't give a crap about what is being viewed by their advertisement ... just as long as it is viewed.

Facts and reason are of little interest to the masses.

Most of the PD's writers are professional trolls anyway... are they not?. The amateur trolls go back and read their own posts dozens and dozens of times while basking in the limelight of being published on a "big time" forum....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

BobCarl said:
RaminExile said:

Getting advertising for a site like the PD is all about page views ... advertisers couldn't give a crap about what is being viewed by their advertisement ... just as long as it is viewed.
That's what it's all about right there. I didn't realize how many ads and click-thrus they had (because I have chrome add-ons that hide all of them) until I pulled it up on my phone. I got videos playing, ads popping up, all kinds of classifieds and shit... I had to close my browser immediately after that.

But yeah. You're right. They could care less what happens there as long as they keep racking up the page views. It's also been my suspicion that a few of those trolls are actually gainfully employed BY the PD to stir up controversy and get people more involved in the troll wars.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

X said:
BobCarl said:
RaminExile said:

That's what it's all about right there. I didn't realize how many ads and click-thrus they had (because I have chrome add-ons that hide all of them) until I pulled it up on my phone. I got videos playing, ads popping up, all kinds of classifieds and shit... I had to close my browser immediately after that.

But yeah. You're right. They could care less what happens there as long as they keep racking up the page views. It's also been my suspicion that a few of those trolls are actually gainfully employed BY the PD to stir up controversy and get people more involved in the troll wars.
If that's the case we need to rip the PD off our minds like a bandage.

No more helping those losers out with our views.

Sides not much left to look at, they're now clamoring for Clemens when none of them can even spell his name right.

Think you might be dead on about the PD hiring guys to stir up controversy, guys who all type the same, have the same dumb opinions, never get in trouble no matter what they do and use the same childish insults as each other.

Either the trolls all came from the same place or they're in cahoots.