OL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Im all for the moves we've made along the OL this offseason. Not worth paying injury prone Roger $8M per. Dahl isn't worth $4M. Williams and Smith are nothing more than backups and are easily replaceable.

Seeing top guards Beadles, Asamoah, and Schwartz on the move it looks like OL will be focal point of the Draft. To me adding Robinson/Matthews and Yankey/Jackson makes a lot of sense. It would help with the youth movement on the OL and would complete the OL.

LT Long
LG Robinson/Matthews
C Wells
RG Yankey/Jackson
RT Barksdale

What say you?

jjab360

Legend
Ah yes, I'm very much on board with the cut everybody, don't re-sign anybody, don't sign anybody plan. It's foolproof!

A55VA6

Legend
Rams might even still sign a low cost OL in FA and draft an OL. Never know, maybe we re-sign Shelley Smith and go with him and one of the G spots if they like him.

Alan

Legend
rams24/7 with his O-line views:
Im all for the moves we've made along the OL this offseason. Not worth paying injury prone Roger $8M per. Dahl isn't worth $4M. Williams and Smith are nothing more than backups and are easily replaceable.

Seeing top guards Beadles, Asamoah, and Schwartz on the move it looks like OL will be focal point of the Draft. To me adding Robinson/Matthews and Yankey/Jackson makes a lot of sense. It would help with the youth movement on the OL and would complete the OL.

LT Long
LG Robinson/Matthews
C Wells
RG Yankey/Jackson
RT Barksdale

I like that lineup except for Wells. Expecting Wells to last the season is...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All I know is it's a mess as it stands. I didn't think we'd have these many holes in the OL going into the draft. No way we're going Watkins or Mack at this rate. It's more fun to talk about our 13th overall pick, now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

LT Long
LG Robinson/Matthews
C Wells
RG Yankey/Jackson
RT Barksdale

What say you?

That's not a bad result, but it forces our hand via draft.

Then again... For all we know... The Rams could be high on internal guys like Jones and Person.

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram with a cheery alternative:
Then again... For all we know... The Rams could be high on internal guys like Jones and Person.
Posters have been shot for being that cheerful CGI. :mad:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Posters have been shot for being that cheerful CGI. :mad:

Haha! But, there are guys on the roster we haven't seen in action... But the coaches have. It's possible.

Still makes me nervous.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
^ this.

Saffold, based on history, is nowhere near that contract.
Agreed. I'm not sure how teams can fall in love with a players talent and sit in denial over the lack of production they're going to get due to a players fragility.

Alan

Legend
Saffold is still young so why the 2 year limit? I'd sign him for 4 or 5 years but have most of the guarnteed money up front so that we can cut ties with him at any time without accruing dead money.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again all this underscores is the Rams are going with Robinson or Matthews and then they will add a guard too in round three. Now they could look for another bargain like Chris Williams of last year, however, in the end Fisher & Snead stated time and time again they would build this team through the draft so let's just sit back and see how everything plays out.

For years the pundits loved what the Redskins did in free agency and every year the Redskins still did not win. Now I'm upset too the Rams lost out on Schwartz, however, let's see who they end up signing before we jump off the tallahatchie bridge.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Saffold is still young so why the 2 year limit? I'd sign him for 4 or 5 years but have most of the guarnteed money up front so that we can cut ties with him at any time without accruing dead money.
It was in reference to the post from Les I actually suggested 4 years @ $4M each with incentives for PT

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm sorry but this is a weak strategy. I'm expected to believe we have great starting talent from last years bench that will lead us to victory? We just watch FA studs that fit our needs sign elsewhere... We can resolve the multiple OL holes as well as the needs at CB, S, WR, and LB all in this draft?

tbux

Rookie
I'm sorry but this is a weak strategy. I'm expected to believe we have great starting talent from last years bench that will lead us to victory? We just watch FA studs that fit our needs sign elsewhere... We can resolve the multiple OL holes as well as the needs at CB, S, WR, and LB all in this draft?

yep- first don't think we have LB issues- need a 3rd corner- not a top guy- and Wr isn't a must have either- though I am hoping for Watkins.

we have many picks- and may be able to trade down and get even more- we will get a few FAs- just not the sexy names everybody wants and drool over.

Alan

Legend
blackbart responding with:
It was in reference to the post from Les I actually suggested 4 years @ $4M each with incentives for PT
K

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
yep- first don't think we have LB issues- need a 3rd corner- not a top guy- and Wr isn't a must have either- though I am hoping for Watkins.

we have many picks- and may be able to trade down and get even more- we will get a few FAs- just not the sexy names everybody wants and drool over.

After losing Dunbar, we are in a pinch at LB. I'm not high on Will Witherspoon and Ray Ray Armstrong is a toss up.
Our CB situation dire and paper thin when you look at the depth. Brandon McGee has not been shown to hold his own and we are looking at scary nickel circumstances.
Barksdale is literally the only OL player we have at the moment that we are sure of. With massive gaps at guard, Jake Long returning from a torn ACL at who knows for sure when, and Wells being made of glass, our O line is looking :sick:.
Free safety is another desperate need that we will also probably have to draft.
Sweeping up the free agent crumbs is not contributing much to our cause, IMO.