OL and Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I am guessing with getting Peters, now if an OT slides, like Orlando Brown, then they would be all over him, or maybe move up a couple picks fir him. Or maybe Billy Price, the center from Ohio St., is a possibility at 23 or after a small trade down.

Seems Orlando Brown's destiny may be at RT. In this scenario, I probably go with Price. Rams trading down and out of the 1'st round also seems a good possibility.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems Orlando Brown's destiny may be at RT. In this scenario, I probably go with Price. Rams trading down and out of the 1'st round also seems a good possibility.

With the recent news that Price's injury is a partial tear, it's hard to say how teams will react. I'd guess he'll go in that early round 2 period but if he slides, IMO, the Rams might move up to get him from their round 3 pick. And yes, I know they don't have a lot of draft collateral to work with. But if they hit on 23 and then manage to get a bargain on a good fit who is sliding, I'd be fine with it.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think in general paying a player before they realize how good they are is a nice strategy... IF you're correct. If not, you get a Tavon contract.

Re: Havenstein the reason he's the most likely target for the Rams to sign this offseason is because OTs are harder to find. And when you consider they need to go get their LT next offseason, it's clear they can't afford to enter that offseason needing bookend tackles as that's a very hard equation to solve in one offseason. Needing a LT and some interior help is also tough, but easier relatively speaking.

I think Jamon Brown is going to get better and better. But he makes more mistakes in spite of the fact he's the more talented player, and he failed when given the opportunity in camp to take the RT position.

Saffold is going to deserve top shelf money. I have no concern with them paying him, but when you look at this group over time letting him walk and retooling looks better to my eye at least.

Rams have two offseasons to solve this thing. It's like 2nd and 15, and they need to get about half the yardage to make the 2019 offseason doable.
I agree with all of this.
Kromer and crew managed to turn a 3rd and 25 into a 2nd and 15 this last year.