Okay, Where do I find the Best Burger?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
Ya know in retrospect I'd also like to submit the Thor burger.

Last year I raised two calves for meat ,one for my brother and the other to split with my daughter.

A guy who works for an ice cream company deer hunts on my land and called me about a week after I'd started with the calves and offered me a pallet load of almond slivers that would go out of date before the OOD they wanted for the ice cream bars they were supposed to go on.
He told me another guy who worked there was feeding them to cattle.

So I used them, in addition to corn and hay the calves each got five pounds of almonds a day,unbelievable meat ,just friggin amazing and the burgers we make are unlike any you are gonna get anywhere.

I fed those calves for 100 days IOW they each got 500 lbs of almonds at retail price of $8 a pound that would be $4,000 in almonds per calf,I doubt it's something that's been done before.

Maybe if we have a tailgate at a game I could make a pot of chili with my $25/pound hamburger :cool:
That sounds amazing.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

Last year I raised two calves for meat ,one for my brother and the other to split with my daughter.

A guy who works for an ice cream company deer hunts on my land and called me about a week after I'd started with the calves and offered me a pallet load of almond slivers that would go out of date before the OOD they wanted for the ice cream bars they were supposed to go on.

So I used them, in addition to corn and hay the calves each got five pounds of almonds a day,unbelievable meat ,just friggin amazing and the burgers we make are unlike any you are gonna get anywhere.

I fed those calves for 100 days IOW they each got 500 lbs of almonds at retail price of $8 a pound that would be $4,000 in almonds per calf,I doubt it's something that's been done before.

Maybe if we have a tailgate at a game I could make a pot of chili with my $25/pound hamburger :cool:
That sounds amazing.
Were the Almonds unprocessed (unpasteurized)? Almonds are an awesome source of protein and nutrients, but virtually all almonds are now steamed in some way to supposedly kill and bad stuff. Unfortunately, the process kills most of the good stuff too. But either way, almonds are an amazing superfood. So, feeding them almonds would have done wonders for the cattle's health, especially if the almonds were unprocessed. That was incredibly good thinking. I have a whole new level of respect for you , Thor :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
i-want-this-6.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stranger said:
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

That sounds amazing.
Were the Almonds unprocessed (unpasteurized)? Almonds are an awesome source of protein and nutrients, but virtually all almonds are now steamed in some way to supposedly kill and bad stuff. Unfortunately, the process kills most of the good stuff too. But either way, almonds are an amazing superfood. So, feeding them almonds would have done wonders for the cattle's health, especially if the almonds were unprocessed. That was incredibly good thinking. I have a whole new level of respect for you , Thor :bign:

Yup ya want that cow good and healthy before you kill it cook it and eat it. Hahahaha.....Thor I want some of that and I will pay you for it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:

That looks like the first cousin of The Bacon Explosion.

And I'd try one of those.....I'd like to get that patty press for sure. I used to do the cheese in the middle thing but did it by hand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Stranger said:
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

That sounds amazing.

Yup ya want that cow good and healthy before you kill it cook it and eat it. Hahahaha.....Thor I want some of that and I will pay you for it.
Can't be sold (illegal) but if we have a tailgate in the Lou ,I'll make a point of bringing what I can along.

We went to Betcher Mansion on top of Lookout Mountain CO last week and had some of the best beef medallions ever,wedding reception,the food was by far the best wedding food I've ever had.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stranger said:
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

That sounds amazing.
Thor
I am ready for the most amazing almond fed cow/bacon burger!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
Stranger said:
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

That sounds amazing.
Thor
I am ready for the most amazing almond fed cow/bacon burger!

X's guacamole bacon burger looks awesome ,add some bean sprouts to it and it's like the burger you once could get at the Village Inn in Silverthorne CO.