Okay, I'm officially "all in" on McVay now...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Consider what's happened since January...

First, the exciting pressers after he was hired. Whoa!

Then the impressive staff he quickly assembled. Double whoa!

Followed by an outstanding FA haul that filled holes with upgrades leaving a wide open draft strategy possible. What an intelligent FA campaign. Triple whoa!

Finally topped by this draft. Heck yeah, I'm IN!

Color me impressed. Really, really impressed with this young HC. Early on, I feared that we might have hired a cheerleader HC that was all talk but short on action.

Not anymore. I'm hard pressed to recall a HC that made so many positive decisions and moves in such a short time after taking over a trainwreck 4-12 team.

If anything, McVay seems to be too good to be true. My one and only head scratcher is still the Tru tagging, and that might still work out. For example, what if Tru decides that he would be foolish to abandon what's being assembled right here in LA and decides to extend long term? I wouldn't rule it out given the attraction of McVay and Wade and LA, you know?

I can't wait for those camp reports to start coming in, followed by the PS games.

I feel pretty certain that the Rams hit a HR when they hired this young HC. Niners loss is our gain.

Hot Diggity Damn!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Guys have done everything right so fate, can't wait to see how this turns out. Mcvay could be a hero in LA for years to come

RAMBUSH

Starter
I like what he is doing as well
. But I know nothing about football, I liked a lot of what fisher and snead did as well. Lol..

TexasRam

Legend
It takes time to see if the moves were solid. So, I am not drinking any coolaid yet.

But, they clearly had an offseason plan to address the right needs and executed it well. Followed by getting the necessary weapons at TE and WR in the draft that can catch a dam ball.

If Sullivan doesn't hold up it could all implode. If he holds up it could get fun.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Consider what's happened since January...

First, the exciting pressers after he was hired. Whoa!

Then the impressive staff he quickly assembled. Double whoa!

Followed by an outstanding FA haul that filled holes with upgrades leaving a wide open draft strategy possible. What an intelligent FA campaign. Triple whoa!

Finally topped by this draft. Heck yeah, I'm IN!

Color me impressed. Really, really impressed with this young HC. Early on, I feared that we might have hired a cheerleader HC that was all talk but short on action.

Not anymore. I'm hard pressed to recall a HC that made so many positive decisions and moves in such a short time after taking over a trainwreck 4-12 team.

If anything, McVay seems to be too good to be true. My one and only head scratcher is still the Tru tagging, and that might still work out. For example, what if Tru decides that he would be foolish to abandon what's being assembled right here in LA and decides to extend long term? I wouldn't rule it out given the attraction of McVay and Wade and LA, you know?

I can't wait for those camp reports to start coming in, followed by the PS games.

I feel pretty certain that the Rams hit a HR when they hired this young HC. Niners loss is our gain.

Hot Diggity Damn!
Took you this long??
He had me at Hello.:love:............... :rimshot:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm just grateful to hire a coach that understands the importance of all facets of the game; none of that ball-control offense, let the defense play down to the wire bullshit.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Can't say I'm impressed until I see the production value on the field. The free agent additions and drafted players look good on paper but it's only impressive if it translates. The Jags seem to have an amazing free agency and draft year after year but it needs to translate to the field to matter.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel good about the direction of the team. Am disappointed I have to wait 4.5 months for real football.

WvuIN02

Starter
I'd say Im cautiously optimistic after the Fisher years. Hopeful he is the real deal, wait and see I suppose.

Offense only has one direction to go, at least.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
We have a ways to go, but one thing is for certain; we're going to start scoring points!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think we have to give some of the credit to Snead for all these moves.

RAMBUSH

Starter
It takes time to see if the moves were solid. So, I am not drinking any coolaid yet.

But, they clearly had an offseason plan to address the right needs and executed it well. Followed by getting the necessary weapons at TE and WR in the draft that can catch a dam ball.

If Sullivan doesn't hold up it could all implode. If he holds up it could get fun.
Everything is bigger in Texas! Obviously, your will power is much bigger then mine. I say every damn year, ( DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID, DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID) yet no matter what , I'm chugging away . I blame R.O.D. hard to believe that after the last decade and a half I can start every single year thinking playoffs baby 13-3. ... I guess I'm a glass half full kind of fellow. GO RAMS!!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kinda wishing hard knocks was this years now

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I have been really impressed with his press conferences too, he is clear, concise and relays great information. The Snead/McVay press conferences from the draft showed the depth of knowledge and vision he has for this team IMHO. I am very excited to see what he does with this team. I am making a batch of Kool-aid right now thinking of the possibilities if McVay and staff can make this a top 15 Offense and Phillips does his magic with this talent laden Defense. Kool-aids on me today gentlemen, drink up!!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It takes time to see if the moves were solid. So,

I am not drinking any coolaid yet.
To me these are solid moves and not Fisher head-scratchers.

Fisher would just do things that were absolute stunners.

Jared Cook never really showed anything and he signs into a huge contract.

Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffrey or Cordy Glenn when we didn't even have a left tackle on the roster.?

Bring in an injured Center in Scott Wells and not even have a backup drafted on the roster?

Don't draft any offensive line starters and then decide to draft them all in the same year.

Robinson over Lewan Taylor or Jake Matthews?

Fisher was a train wreck.

I feel like I'm in some kind of football Heaven watching some smart common-sense moves being made by McVay.

It bodes well for a very exciting season and even the biggest naysayers are starting to realize it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm making KoolAid

but

where's my #2 center?

when does Tru Jo re-sign

who's my starting FS????

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I love coming here in large part to read the optimism of others because that doesn't come natural to me, so thanks for the post ... but I can't help but remain reserved in judgment. McVay is coming from a bad place already for me due to his west coast offense influences; indeed, I find that system and its history so repugnant that the only reason I haven't jumped ship is because that abomination that Fisher was doing last year was more of a true west coast offense than what the Redskins were doing vertically last year -- see Cousins' deep ball stats. Still, I'm a little wary that Washington's offense may have benefited from Cousins having some fluky unexpected vertical success that sometimes happens (*cough* Nick Foles) or perhaps more attributable to other Washington coaches than McVay himself being dedicated to his own unique brand of the system. So I'm unclear if I've actually seen proof of who McVay is yet or if the things I liked about Washington will translate to our talent, which combined with my inherent hatred and distrust of his base system influences means I can't get on board yet...

Plus, we just had a draft that I felt was pretty simple to have a great draft due to the talent depth, if you simply drafted as expected and didn't get cute. Well, the jury is out if the Rams did that or not. Don't get me wrong, I love that they eschewed a lot of what I considered very overrated talent (*cough Pac12 guys*) and took a lot of small school guys, because I think that often signals character guys who had to make it due to their love of the game, effort and attitude to be coached instead of just being a blue chip recruit breakin' bread in some big program. Still I can see the argument they got cute with their choices and it could blow up in the Rams' face, but even then I'm probably giving McVay a pass due to the handcuff he was dealt with lack of picks.

Anyway, file away my reservations in the downer bin and hopefully over the next few months your optimism will get me to where I always am every August, on board believing the Rams are Super Bowl bound...