OK, now let's trade down!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Trade picks with the Browns.
Ask for their #2 this year and their #3 next year.
With this year's number two overall pick, take whichever QB they don't take.

Anyone?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams know which QB they want.

Maybe they do. But isn't the general consensus that Goff and Wentz are very close to the same abilities? If that is truly the case, picking up the #34 pick this year and whatever their 3rd round is next year, is a pretty good thing, and STILL get one of the two QBs.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm with X. Unless the Browns tell us who they are taking and it's not our guy this won't happen. We will be picking first.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe they do. But isn't the general consensus that Goff and Wentz are very close to the same abilities? If that is truly the case, picking up the #34 pick this year and whatever their 3rd round is next year, is a pretty good thing, and STILL get one of the two QBs.
Probably, but the consensus is kind of irrelevant if Fisher and Snead have one guy pegged as more of a system fit.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Cleveland, if they were smart (I know, quit laughing), would just stand pat and take the one of Goff and Wentz that we don't pick. While there are pros and cons to each of these guys, they are both excellent QB prospects, and the type that should be jumped on if you need a QB and have the opportunity to take one. Cleveland would be stupid to hang their hat on RGIII or to wait for either someone else in this draft or a future draft.

The rumor is that they prefer Wentz over Goff and would trade out if we took the former. That would be utterly stupid, and if Hue Jackson does that, he will take the first step toward getting fired from his 2nd head coaching job.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland, if they were smart (I know, quit laughing), would just stand pat and take the one of Goff and Wentz that we don't pick. While there are pros and cons to each of these guys, they are both excellent QB prospects, and the type that should be jumped on if you need a QB and have the opportunity to take one. Cleveland would be stupid to hang their hat on RGIII or to wait for either someone else in this draft or a future draft.

The rumor is that they prefer Wentz over Goff and would trade out if we took the former. That would be utterly stupid, and if Hue Jackson does that, he will take the first step toward getting fired from his 2nd head coaching job.

The other rumor is they want goff. These media insiders don't know shit, especially Schefter and laclownfora. They only know what teams want them to know.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The other rumor is they want goff. These media insiders don't know crap, especially Schefter and laclownfora. They only know what teams want them to know.

Who knows, they might - and I think Goff would be a great QB for the system Hue Jackson liked to run. I think he's better suited to it than Andy Dalton was in CIN, and definitely better suited to it than RGIII. They need other weapons to be sure, but you have a chance to get one of Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, you go get them. Period.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Cleveland,The rumor is that they prefer Wentz over Goff and would trade out if we took the former. That would be utterly stupid, and if Hue Jackson does that, he will take the first step toward getting fired from his 2nd head coaching job.

And THIS is why I feel the Browns might give us their 2nd rounder this year, and their 3rd rounder next year, to have their choice of the two QBs. If that happens, the Los Angeles Rams will barely have given anything to move up from #15 to #2 this year. It's a great deal.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since the Brownies have decided to try to trade down after we got the #1, they must be pretty sure they know who the Rams want and they must want the same guy.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Since the Brownies have decided to try to trade down after we got the #1, they must be pretty sure they know who the Rams want and they must want the same guy.

Exactly. So they should make us an offer to trade spots.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. So they should make us an offer to trade spots.
They want one guy and it appears we want the same guy. If we had no preference between the two, then it would be a good move. They appear to not want the second guy, who knows if we are willing to settle for second choice.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

AND they have decided that the other guy is not worth drafting at #2.

Who the hell do the Browns have at QB? They aren't trading down, they'll take whoever we don't.

RG3. They're gambling he can return to form. Keep in mind also that if they trade down, it might be high enough to get Lynch, too. Sit him for a year while they are seeing if RG3 can regain his value.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But they then only stand a 50/50 chance of getting the man they want! I prefer they have a 100% chance!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They want one guy and it appears we want the same guy. If we had no preference between the two, then it would be a good move. They appear to not want the second guy, who knows if we are willing to settle for second choice.
I sure hope they don't want to settle for second best!

rdw

Pro Bowler
Do we want the Browns' leftovers?
YNSJcIf.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams aren't trading back down. This isn't Hollywood.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I cant imagine a team with as little talent as the Browns would be willing to give up picks for what they likely view as a slight upgrade over the other QB they could take. Unless they absolutely love one, I cant imagine them giving up picks, at least not anything worth it to risk missing our guy

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Trade picks with the Browns.
Ask for their #2 this year and their #3 next year.
With this year's number two overall pick, take whichever QB they don't take.

Anyone?

I just read a source that quoted multiple NFL executives in saying Goff was the better prospect and it was not even close. I will try and find the link.