Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsVA

UDFA
Name
RamsVA
Wade Phillips will obviously have a huge impact on the team. I'm excited to see how Phillips helps Goff by working with McVay and the other offensive coaches to prepare Goff for the defenses he will face each week.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Can a team block asst coaches from interviewing with some teams. But let them interview with others ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can a team block asst coaches from interviewing with some teams. But let them interview with others ?
No, per the rules:
"• Permission cannot be granted selectively by an Assistant Coach’s team. If a

team grants permission to interview one of its coaches to one team, it MUST

grant permission to all teams requesting it."

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/rules-for-hiring-coaches-and-ability-to-poach-assistants.47876/

No they can't, if they make them available to one team they make him available to every team. I read that in an article by Peter King I'll have to look for it again.
Yes, they can.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would expect(hope) for some fresh news tomorrow on coaching additions.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm itching and scratching, refreshing this site for news on our coaching staff!!

Love me some serious R.O.D. !!!! :mustache::cheers:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wanna know what OL coach will take on the Rams dumpster fire they call an OL. I'm afraid its going to take more than one season for even the best to turn it around.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've met Eric Bienemy. He used to be a friend of a former best friend who went to Bishop Amat HS in La Puente, CA before he went to Colorado.

And because it's such a super small world, my mother-in-law was HS classmates with his Colorado football head coach Bill McCartney.

Considering that he's worked with Adrian Peterson at Minnesota and what he's done in KC...yeah, I'm down with bringing in EP... and our RBs need some doctoring... you know what that means don't ya?

We need some...EPMD...

We about to tell the rest of the league... YOU GOTS TO CHILL

McVay and the Rams are Strictly Business. And while the SF coaching searching record goes double lead... we're about to go multi-platinum...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't see Eric Bieniemy becoming available unless his contract expires. He's the best RB Coach in the NFL. He'd be a steal if we got him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IDK, But maybe we should look at the Dolphins RB Coach! I don't know his name, but he's done a good job!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If we can land a really good OL coach and WR coach were set. We still need a true number 1 WR, bUT some of our youngsters have potential. If we landed Garcon or Jeffrey, it'll only help Thomas and Cooper.

The Oline needs a big turn around. We need to go hard in FA and in the draft.

I'm not sure any coach could turn around this line with what we currently have.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IDK, But maybe we should look at the Dolphins RB Coach! I don't know his name, but he's done a good job!

Again the Dolphins are not going to grant permission, they blocked current OL Chris Foerster to be the OC for the Rams, I doubt they would allow RB Coach Danny Barrett to mover laterally.

The RB Coach that is available and did coach for the Rams is Wilbert Montgomery, he last coached the Browns in 2015 and I think would be a good match for Todd Gurley and was also a member of the Coaching Staffs that experienced One Super Bowl Victory and an appearance in 2001. He's 62, but IMO would be a solid addition to the staff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't see Eric Bieniemy becoming available unless his contract expires. He's the best RB Coach in the NFL. He'd be a steal if we got him.

I dunno. Would Andy Reid block EB's chance to become an OC? I don't think so... And honestly, with his resume and McVay calling the plays, it may be time for the promotion...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I've met Eric Bienemy. He used to be a friend of a former best friend who went to Bishop Amat HS in La Puente, CA before he went to Colorado.

And because it's such a super small world, my mother-in-law was HS classmates with his Colorado football head coach Bill McCartney.

Considering that he's worked with Adrian Peterson at Minnesota and what he's done in KC...yeah, I'm down with bringing in EP... and our RBs need some doctoring... you know what that means don't ya?

We need some...EPMD...

Would be cool to steal someone from Andy Reid staff, he has a long record of hiring good staff.

We about to tell the rest of the league... YOU GOTS TO CHILL

McVay and the Rams are Strictly Business. And while the SF coaching searching record goes double lead... we're about to go multi-platinum...

Good ol' EPMD... Was high school that long ago HaHa

cool story

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Last edited: