Official Lions@Rams Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And we've seen our share of high picks in that span - yeah? I'll take winning any game we can.

Yep. Incompetence sucks. That's one thing I feel good about. Snead is competent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winning is something teams have to learn how to do through actually doing it. Overcoming adversity (e.g., lots of significant injuries) is something else a team must learn to do by actually doing it. Today the Rams did both. That is not meaningless and does help us in the future.

Eh, I disagree. Winning is something teams just do. You don't learn. You do it because you have the talent. The 1999 Rams didn't learn how to win. They just did it because they were better than the other team. Obviously, if you have a bad locker-room, that will affect things. But I don't see that as an issue here.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
negatives:

here's where, in typical Jeff Fisher team fashion, we win out and finish 8-8 which does absolutely nothing for us

positives:

we have Todd mother fuckin Gurley

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can't go around saying you want to win in the future and then shite all over a win we had today

WE WON!!!! PRESENT TENSE

Hey I'm all for stockpiling talent, but this team needs to learn how to win at some point in the future - why not today? What about all the so-called talent we've accumulated thus far? They showed up today!!!

GO RAMS

If this were week one, I'd agree with you. But what's left to play for? Can't have a winning season and there's very little chance we get to the playoffs even if we win out.

If we win out and make the playoffs, I'll eat crow. Until then, I'd rather sacrifice today when it doesn't mean as much then potentially sacrifice on Draft Day. But I understand people not having my affinity for the draft. The Rams have managed to kill a lot of hope with their drafting over the past decade.

Am I happy they won today? Yes. I love seeing our guys do well. Do I think it was the best move for the team? No.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Eh, I disagree. Winning is something teams just do. You don't learn. You do it because you have the talent. The 1999 Rams didn't learn how to win. They just did it because they were better than the other team. Obviously, if you have a bad locker-room, that will affect things. But I don't see that as an issue here.

1999 Rams had a mountain of adversity - Trent Green went down in pre-season which was a huge obstacle in winning,

How's that not an adverse situation they learned to grow from? I mean Kurt Warner was a grocery bagger - hoes that not all about growth and learning and desire? They all grew together and that Super Bowl victory didn't come from a vacuum it was due to years of struggle

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If this were week one, I'd agree with you. But what's left to play for? Can't have a winning season and there's very little chance we get to the playoffs even if we win out.

If we win out and make the playoffs, I'll eat crow. Until then, I'd rather sacrifice today when it doesn't mean as much then potentially sacrifice on Draft Day. But I understand people not having my affinity for the draft. The Rams have managed to kill a lot of hope with their drafting over the past decade.

Am I happy they won today? Yes. I love seeing our guys do well. Do I think it was the best move for the team? No.

Don't get me wrong - 28 hours ago I was 100% on board with you :baghead:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1999 Rams had a mountain of adversity - Trent Green went down in pre-season which was a huge obstacle in winning,

How's that not an adverse situation they learned to grow from? I mean Kurt Warner was a grocery bagger - hoes that not all about growth and learning and desire? They all grew together and that Super Bowl victory didn't come from a vacuum it was due to years of struggle

Because they went 4-12 the year before and didn't come out learning to win by struggling out of the gate. They just walked out and kicked people's asses. These guys have been playing football all their lives. They know how to win. The question is if the team is good enough to do it.

But again, that's discounting exceptional circumstances when the locker-room is a complete mess or the coach has lost the team.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Me being a big time Rams fan for nearly FOUR decades, I currently hate the Seahawks. So I'm perfectly happy with anything that might happen the weakens the hawks. Would you be happy as all get up if they went back to the super bowl a 3rd straight year?

- Classy

It's a game dude, and Thomas Rawls has done nothing to you or anyone else to warrant you cheering for his injury. These guys put their bodies on the line for your fucking entertainment so show some respect. How would you feel if Gurley broke his ankle and Seahawks fans starting cheering? Grow up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There's so much misery in life, especially when one is a fan of a team that perennially loses, that it's wise to celebrate every chance you can get. I choose to celebrate whenever possible. If that makes me less of a Rams fan in someone's eyes then my only response is.......

oj2QHvt.jpg

celebrate

verb cel·e·brate \ˈse-lə-ˌbrāt\

Simple Definition of celebrate

: to do something special or enjoyable for an important event, occasion, holiday, etc.: to praise (someone or something) : to say that (someone or something) is great or important
This song makes me happy. Hope it does the same for someone else here at ROD, even if it's just for four minutes or so. Crank it up! :rockon:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3i3vWgPyk

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's a game dude, and Thomas Rawls has done nothing to you or anyone else to warrant you cheering for his injury. These guys put their bodies on the line for your freaking entertainment so show some respect. How would you feel if Gurley broke his ankle and Seahawks fans starting cheering? Grow up.

Hell, I heard Seahawks fans chanting "Hawks!" when Joyner was lying on the ground injured in that home game. It's classless.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do I think it was the best move for the team? No.
That's the thing though. It wasn't a strategic decision to go in and win. These guys don't know anything other than to play to win because their livelihoods, pride, and future net worths are on the line. Coaches and players alike. As in, there is no other move. They don't practice hard, work hard, study hard, and bleed hard on Sundays for the hope that they lose and get the opportunity to draft 4th and pick up Johnny Jacknoodle from Clemson.

Maybe that was just a poor choice of words on your part or something, but ... best move?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because they went 4-12 the year before and didn't come out learning to win by struggling out of the gate. They just walked out and kicked people's asses. These guys have been playing football all their lives. They know how to win. The question is if the team is good enough to do it.

But again, that's discounting exceptional circumstances when the locker-room is a complete mess or the coach has lost the team.
I remember watching several interviews with the players and DV and have them talk about when they realized they were going to win games they would have otherwise lost. They talked about a mindset that was different; that they believed they could win; that there was a swagger after some of the early wins. So I don't buy what you are saying here. Winning absolutely breeds winning. Sure some teams are good enough to just win. But many teams feed off of winning or in some cases losing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gee. You're most welcome.
Hate seeing Jerry get hated on just because he has a different opinion than most about how the Rams can get better.
Kidding? I love having @jrry32 around and I think he knows that. Do we agree on everything? Far from it. Do I need someone to explain to me that he is a fan when we disagree? I think not.

K - maybe love is a bit strong. :cool:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

You do it "more" because you are confident...Regardless. If this team gets that vibe/motivation. We can just do it..