Official Camp Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I guess I don’t see what so many others do with Hemingway. I could see him not making it through camp.

Same. However, we also saw Hemingway play with Fishers offense we never really got to see him play with a real offense, so I'll take that into consideration.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be blown away if Sam Shields is cut. Dude only was kept off the field by concussions, his play on the field was never in question otherwise, from what I've read.

He was out for a year and has a problem staying healthy. That plus the Rams' underrated depth at the CB position are going to make it tough for him to make this team. Won't be a surprise to me if he doesn't make the cut, only thing that will surprise me is if he makes the team and actually stays healthy for a season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Justin Lawler makes the team as he will excel as a pass rusher and special teams

Lawler is interesting. I think he might have an NFL future as a depth/rotation option, but he's probably going to need to get stronger to hold a roster spot with this DE group. Not sure if he has the mobility to play LOLB though, so if he can do that he'll probably have a better shot. I'm thinkin PS for him.

I'm just going from what I've heard McVay say about him, and could with the fact that I think Higbee's chance was last year to excel, which I don't think he did..

McVay on Hemingway:

McVay said nothing but nice things about Tavon too. From day one on. I try to ignore the coachspeak and focus on roster spot contributions vs cost and window of opportunity. From that perspective I believe Hemingway's on the bubble and has to have a great camp to keep his job.

11. Bryce Hager and Ramik Wilson don't make the cut at linebacker.

Very possible. In fact either of them making the cut probably reflects poorly on our draft class at ILB.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
He was out for a year and has a problem staying healthy. That plus the Rams' underrated depth at the CB position are going to make it tough for him to make this team. Won't be a surprise to me if he doesn't make the cut, only thing that will surprise me is if he makes the team and actually stays healthy for a season.

Speaking of I think Hill is going to surprise us all. I predict he's going to take over for Talib next year and not miss a beat. The kid was balling out late last season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay said nothing but nice things about Tavon too. From day one on. I try to ignore the coachspeak and focus on roster spot contributions vs cost and window of opportunity. From that perspective I believe Hemingway's on the bubble and has to have a great camp to keep his job.

when hemingway got injured they didn't just fill in his spot with higbee or everett, they traded for carrier. hemingway will take that spot and he will be more of a receiving threat than carrier.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of I think Hill is going to surprise us all. I predict he's going to take over for Talib next year and not miss a beat. The kid was balling out late last season.

maybe 2 years away.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't see this happening as he is an important and valuable piece in Fassel's special teams, which is generally what the sixth receiver is kept for. So unless someone else can show that they can aptly replace Thomas's roll on special teams, I don't see this happening.
I agree that he is good special teamer, but he could be replaced in that area. I think we have too many guys, so he's the guy who's out in my prediction. I, actually hope he makes it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
maybe 2 years away.

Nah this is his ,3rd season. If he ain't got it by now he doesn't have it. I'm just saying judging by his last two games and the playoff game last year he was rated one of the best in the league and he looked it

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah this is his ,3rd season. If he ain't got it by now he doesn't have it. I'm just saying judging by his last two games and the playoff game last year he was rated one of the best in the league and he looked it

I agree he finished extremely strong and took to what this staff is teaching. I have always liked Hill's ability on the field, that's for sure.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I think Micah Kizer is going to make some noise... We'll have a solid rotation at ILB... Also, I think Josh Reynolds and Gerald Everett will continue to shine as well...and get some solid looks...

I think Brown and Kelly are going to present us with a solid combo backing up TG and Hemmingway's versatility is going to get him on the field as well...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was at TC last year and Hemmingway was impressive. He got targeted and made the most of them. He also looked good blocking.

Going to keep a close eye on him in TC starting Monday.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I agree that he is good special teamer, but he could be replaced in that area. I think we have too many guys, so he's the guy who's out in my prediction. I, actually hope he makes it.
I just don't think you replace a good special team guy with another special team guy, especially one that has been coached by Bones for two going on three years now, plus has experience with the offense that McVay runs, and has speed. If somebody were to replace him he'd better have more to offer than Thomas can offer, which might be pretty hard considering that Bones like him so much. But it's possible that someone might be able to do just that, being that out of all of the receivers he is the most vulnerable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Trevon Young is another to watch out for, he was special at Louisville then had a hip injury and it took a year to come back from it and last season was coming around towards the end of the year. Young is 6'4 258lbs so the size is right and I believe he will makes some plays during preseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get your predictions in dudes. More we have the more fun it'll be to look back and see how wrong we were. :p

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Micah Kiser will win the ILB job along with Cory Littleton. Barron is traded to Cleveland for a 5th round pick.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just don't think you replace a good special team guy with another special team guy, especially one that has been coached by Bones for two going on three years now, plus has experience with the offense that McVay runs, and has speed. If somebody were to replace him he'd better have more to offer than Thomas can offer, which might be pretty hard considering that Bones like him so much. But it's possible that someone might be able to do just that, being that out of all of the receivers he is the most vulnerable.
I agree with everything you say, but the most vulnerable, was my point. And, I wasn't trying to make totally safe, obvious predictions, which was the intention of the OP. So, what are your prediction?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I agree with everything you say, but the most vulnerable, was my point. And, I wasn't trying to make totally safe, obvious predictions, which was the intention of the OP. So, what are your prediction?
i think Thomas makes the cut, but if anyone can supplant him it may be Steven Mitchell the receiver from USC.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Bold prediction: John Kelly will have an outstanding camp that will warrant taking significant reps from Gurley (ranging 25%-50% of snaps) during the first quarter, maybe half of the season to keep his Gurley's legs fresh midseason and in the playoffs.