O'dell Beckham Jr Threatened with Baseball Bat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ohiorams

Rookie
There was, and even if there wasn't that doesn't change the fact that the intent was there. People don't get away with attempted murder because they were too much of a wuss to actually do it. This is no different, the guy made a blatant attempt to headhunt even when he and everybody else in the league knows damn well about concussions.

He intentionally made sure a guy wasn't paying attention and then tried to lay him flat. Not only is that sociopathic, it was cowardly. Just because he's too weak to follow through doesn't mean that lessens the intent.

I'm only talking about the physics of the hit. What he may have been thinking is unimportant to me.

iced

Not justifying Odell's behavior but I Can understand his anger/frustration - you tell me you're going to end my career and you're gonna get me fired up too,let alone if you're threatening me with a bat pre-game. Don't care if its a real threat or analogy. Norman played with fire,and he got burned. They both did

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
well, this is actually different. Everyone walked away.

they may have mentioned about concussions but you know what I mean...they didnt go on about it and stress that part. Not in any radio I heard.
The point is, through the entire course of games i've watched, Ive seen and heard hard hits .Guys get up, the announcers say nothing other than it was a good hit. You hear the plastic in the audio...and its over. His hit was no worse than any of those.

simple physics; he would have fallen down if the hit was that hard. That hit proved those helmets work pretty damn good
Like I said once before, do attempted murderers get off because they ultimately failed to kill the person they tried to?

Intent matters no matter what. He showed he had it in him, and it needed to be punished before he tried it again successfully.

ohiorams

Rookie
Like I said once before, do attempted murderers get off because they ultimately failed to kill the person they tried to?

Intent matters no matter what. He showed he had it in him, and it needed to be punished before he tried it again successfully.

forgive me but I'm not concerned with the perception of his intent. I'm simply talking about how harmful the hit may have been on a physical level alone.

it was ultimately minimal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not justifying Odell's behavior but I Can understand his anger/frustration - you tell me you're going to end my career and you're gonna get me fired up too,let alone if you're threatening me with a bat pre-game. Don't care if its a real threat or analogy. Norman played with fire,and he got burned. They both did

I'm sure that's never said in the NFL.

Norman didn't get burned. That's the thing. Burning him would have been OBJ putting up 200 yards and 3 TDs to shove it in his face. Norman got exactly what he wanted...he got into Beckham Jr.'s head and it fucked up his priorities for most of the game.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I haven't read this thread so forgive me if it's been covered and discussed, but!

How in the hell is/was that actually a credible threat? Did OBJ seriously think they were gonna take baseball bats and take swings at him on the field, and even if they did, they wouldn't get very far, you'd have teammates all over their ass, now if it was like a gun or something, then ok I get that, but this is just wild.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Whether he did or didn't doesn't interest me. He was there and knows what happened. His clothes also have never been found.

Well it should interest you to be fair about things like this. Would you want to be tagged as a murderer if you were out with some people and two of them got into a fight and killed someone?

FYI I cannot stand Lewis, I think he is a pretentious self centered jerkoff. He originally lied to police about his friends being involved and he initially wanted everything covered up and kept "in house", he's a POS for all of that. But he's not a murderer.

Athos

Legend
Losing respect for Coughlin.

So full of shit. Hearing a whole lot of, "whah, whah, whah," Beckham was provoked.

Dudes been a little bitch since entering the league. Take the high road.

When you turn yourself into a missile by launching yourself helmet first into the head of a player not even looking...

If this bitch were really sorry, he wouldn't be appealing. He's learn his lesson and move on.

Athos

Legend
The NFL has absolutely NO balls.

Which is no surprise. The suspension of Goldenboy Brady? Waxed. Goldenboy Beckham? Waxed.

You literally have to kill someone, and nope, not even then, to get suspended from the NFL.

Just

A: Do a lot of pot like Gordon
B: Drink a lot like Blackmon.

#fuckeduppriorities
#fuckthenfl

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ron Jaworski on Twitter: Sorry, Still waiting on final OFFCIAL release on OBJ. I'll leave the reporting to our true pro insiders @mortreport and @AdamSchefter

ohiorams

Rookie
upheld...

Giants will beat Vikings and Eagles because world is against them.
Dallas beats Redskins. Redemption story

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Losing respect for Coughlin.

So full of crap. Hearing a whole lot of, "whah, whah, whah," Beckham was provoked.

Dudes been a little bitch since entering the league. Take the high road.

When you turn yourself into a missile by launching yourself helmet first into the head of a player not even looking...

If this bitch were really sorry, he wouldn't be appealing. He's learn his lesson and move on.

Right after the game when he was asked why he didn't bench him at least for a bit to calm him down he said they wanted to win. Then later said the Giants don't tolerate that kind of behavior.

Wait Tom, you just DID. Very much the double-talk on this.........but hey shitty behavior is tolerated in the NFL. As we have seen the NFL has an axiom when players fuck up "if you can play, it's OK".