Odell Beckham at #13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Maybe I missed Mayock's Mock but I just noticed it. At #13 he had us taking Beckham.

How do you guys feel if that happened or would we be more likely to trade down for a team wanting him, or we go D?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would definitely prefer a DB for that pick but I wouldn't be completely opposed to it

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
he's good but that's too high. I feel like he's gonna go in the 20's

if we're taking a WR in the first it's Watkins or Evans

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I just saw a rumor that the 9ers are wanting to trade around the top 10 possibly to pick beckham up.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I don't lnow. I'm hearing some teams that miss out on Watkins or Evans just may want to take the next WR up.....and that's Beckham. And I've seen Evans projected a lot sooner than I thought...so he could be off the board when #13 comes up.......

Alan

Legend
JoeBo21 not feeling the love:

That's not what most of the experts are saying and I think I agree with them. I don't think Beckam comes very close to 20 myself. I agree with the second part though. Those are the only two WRs I'd want in the first round.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
That's not what most of the experts are saying and I think I agree with them. I don't think Beckam comes very close to 20 myself. I agree with the second part though. Those are the only two WRs I'd want in the first round.

fair enough. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he went in the teens.. he's a good player

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He's Brandon Lloyd 2.0.

I would love to have him on the team; however, I think 13 is a tad too high for him. It would be nice to have a receiver with the hands, routes, and body control combo that he has.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Too high for another under 6' WR...we have those in spades....pray that Benjamin is there at #44. At 13 I'd like to see Pryor, Dix, or Donald.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be okay with it. Beckham has serious ability. Don't let his size fool you, that kid can play. I heard he could have been a pro soccer player and it shows in his movement skills and coordination. One of the most polished route runners in the draft. Difficult to take down in the open field. Clocked a 4.38 40 at the combine. Can go up and get the ball like WRs four inches taller than him. Huge hands for his size.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too high for another under 6' WR...we have those in spades....pray that Benjamin is there at #44. At 13 I'd like to see Pryor, Dix, or Donald.

Benjamin? Give me a short player that catches the ball over the tall player that doesn't. Because if there's something we have in spades, it's guys that drop passes. ;)

RFIP

Benjamin? Give me a short player that catches the ball over the tall player that doesn't. Because if there's something we have in spades, it's guys that drop passes. ;)

This I agree on.

That said, if not Watkins then I prefer we skip the position all together...at least in the first round for sure. after Watkins, the next guy I'd consider is Robinson from Penn St.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Benjamin 54 catches 1011 yards 18.7 average with 15 TD last season
Beckham 59 catches 1152 yards 19.5 average with 8 TD last season

Seems they both catch balls, only one is 6'5" and 240 and can handle the bigger corners in the NFL like Sherman, and the other will be the umpteenth small WR on the Rams roster.....faster, yes...but catches more? I'd rather have a huge target, both in the red zone and out, and further back in the draft, allowing us to get another starter for the secondary that desperately needs one. At pick #13 I want a starter...you saying beckham will start over givens, austin, britt, and bailey (who I really like)? I just think the DB is more important than the next "flavor of the month" WR we seem to draft each year...lets give the guys we have a chance to mature...honestly, if we don't get a wr at all I would be ok with that, but surely not in the first round...rams have bigger needs.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Seems they both catch balls, only one is 6'5" and 240 and can handle the bigger corners in the NFL like Sherman, and the other will be the umpteenth small WR on the Rams roster.....faster, yes...but catches more? I'd rather have a huge target, both in the red zone and out, and further back in the draft, allowing us to get another starter for the secondary that desperately needs one. At pick #13 I want a starter...you saying beckham will start over givens, austin, britt, and bailey (who I really like)? I just think the DB is more important than the next "flavor of the month" WR we seem to draft each year...lets give the guys we have a chance to mature...honestly, if we don't get a wr at all I would be ok with that, but surely not in the first round...rams have bigger needs.

qd2U26t.jpg

teHMW5o.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Welcome to the board Mick. I dig the avi (y)

Mick

Pro Bowler
yeah....I saw that as well, and decided to exclude it from my post....but I just don't think the difference is enough to take a smaller wr that high...so Benjamin drops what....2 more passes per year...I can live with that knowing he will be more productive in the red zone and on 3rd down conversions...at least in my convoluted mind :)