No Love for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I am definitely interested to see what Stafford can bring to the Rams with these new toys he has.

Atwell may have been picked too high but I can see him making one huge play each game.

He won't start but I can see him with 10 plays a game or so and 1 of them will be big especially with Stafford's ability to throw deep.

But picking a gadget guy at 57 is definitely too high.

In addition, I just hope our offensive line holds up a little bit better on those deep plays. However, Stafford's mobility should help out a lot on that regard.
I can understand their wanting a guy with some super speed like Atwell.

If you want to keep the defense honest you have to have that long ball threat which is why they picked up DeSean as well.

DeSean's injury history could definitely keep him out of some games this year so it'll be nice to insert an Atwell to open it up for our possession receivers underneath.

You do have to wonder if he wouldn't have been available in the third round however.

As far as Stafford is concerned, I don't think there's a more professional and motivated player in the entire league at this moment.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The Eagles had the Dream Team in 2015, filled with free agents. They sucked.

We brought in a lot of key players through FA and trade in 2018 and that turned out OK. Tampa did the same last year and I think they're satisfied with the results.

My comment about AZ was specifically about the age of the players they brought in, hence the "best free agents of 2013" part.

Tano

Legend
I can understand their wanting a guy with some super speed like Atwell.

If you want to keep the defense honest you have to have that long ball threat which is why they picked up DeSean as well.

DeSean's injury history could definitely keep him out of some games this year so it'll be nice to insert an Atwell to open it up for our possession receivers underneath.

You do have to wonder if he wouldn't have been available in the third round however.

As far as Stafford is concerned, I don't think there's a more professional and motivated player in the entire league at this moment.
I would have drafted a center in the 2nd round and then draft a speedy receiver in the third round

But that's just me

Ellard80

Legend
The 49ners were injured last year... and they own us the last two....

HOWEVER

just wanted to point out: The 49ners have 1 winning season in the past 7 years.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Giving any actual credence to COWARD who looks to make news cycles is a waste of energy. Before the summer is over he’ll flip his takes on the teams, division and favorites for a SB run. It’s been his M.O. for years.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Cowherd has a team of people writing scripts for him. He's a talkshow host I don't put too much emphasis on what he personally thinks.

I think the Niners at 6 is fine. Seattle you could flip them and the Rams and it'd be a fine ranking.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind that Cowherd is a former Sheattle-ite. He went on to be the Sports guy on Portland's NBC affiliate. He will always be tainted by that lens.
It is funny though as some will post his puff pieces on the Rams or their players as good then he’s attacked for stuff like this as being bad.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The 49ners were injured last year... and they own us the last two....

HOWEVER

just wanted to point out: The 49ners have 1 winning season in the past 7 years.
Our second game against the 49ers last year was not even important enough for us to win but for the 49ers it was their Super Bowl.

No chance they sweep us this year.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We got zero respect the year we went to the Super Bowl why should this year be any different ...

Flint

Pro Bowler
I lived in Portland metro for a year or two when he came to work there, but I worked my ass off at the time and never knew about him until much later when I lived in Kansas... As for the rankings.
*McVay has never lost to the Cardinals as the Rams HC. Ever.
*We have the SheHawks number. Since 2018, the Rams are 5-2 against them.
*49ers are a pain in my ass. They have had OUR number and I think McVay finally went after Goff over his performance against them last season (fair or not).
BUT....
I truly believe that Matthew Stafford is a game changer for us. He is the guy, but he isn't ALONE. He has a creative offensive mind (McVay) and I think we are about to see something special and I hope that he ends up with more Super Bowl wins than Rodgers. If so, he'll be the most successful QB in Rams history.
You may be right about Stafford, I hope so, McVay wants players and coaches who are very very good at what they do, like AD, Ramsey, Staley. To some extent McVay had been coaching around Goff’s shortcomings for a while and I think it drove him nuts. Some people have a little ocd in them and they don’t get why the rest of us think differently. I’m hoping that Stafford can match McVay intellectually in a way it appears Goff was unable to.

oldnotdead

Legend
Whiners might have the most complete roster in the division for now. If Jimmy G can stay healthy (spoiler: he can't) that team will easily make the playoffs.

I disagree about the roster talent. On defense, this team is absolutely loaded. Guess what they were the top D in the NFL. The Niner D wasn't even ranked in the top 10. This team lost to the Niners because of two reasons. An indecisive QB leading to inconsistent play, and weakness in the O-line that were exploited. The Rams now have an elite vet at QB, incredible depth at WR and got rid of the worst lineman (Blythe). There were many times where Goff had time and open receivers that he missed either by poor accuracy or simply not reading the D properly.

Snead & McVay have done very well in building this roster. The o-line isn't the weakness it was in 2019 and the QB issue has been resolved. How many future HOF players are on the Niner roster right now? The Rams have 2 locks (AD & Ramsey) and another on his way to being one (Stafford).

What I can say about the Niners is that up to now they have been positionally outcoached by the Niners. IMO Carberry's impact can't be understated. He knows how to coach up young guys. If he can get them to play as a top 5 unit, this offense will be one of the best in the NFL. I have confidence in Morris to have the D playing in top form. He's never had such talent as he has now. I believe he will play a more traditional 3-4 hybrid and he has the players to do it. If they are even just a top 5 unit (top 3 likely) this is a true Super Bowl roster with no real holes.

Everyone overblows the ILB situation. But in reality it's a less than 50% position. Reeder and Kiser have been fine with Reeder being under rated by most. He only started the last 7 games but his stats reveal just how good he has played. He garnered 53 solo tackles with 28 assists, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 PD, 4 QB hits. all while playing only 41% of the defensive snaps. I don't know what more you can ask or expect from a 2nd year UDFA who clearly outplayed the starter Kiser.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The Niner D wasn't even ranked in the top 10.

We avoided injury for the most part while the Whiners couldn't. Losing a player like Bosa was huge. Look how Donald's injury impacted our defense vs the Packers.

Ellard80

Legend
was looking at the cardinals overall roster... they look much improved - but things on paper dont always add up

Rondale moore their new slot guy is a missile... and they got Aj green.

Watt and Malcom Butler on Defense...