No gurly for at least 3 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's tough. Like buying a brand new 700 BMW and having to leave it in the garage for 3 months before you can drive it. You see it in there everyday,,,,,,,,

Torture.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'm glad they're taking it slow with him. I just hope they're not babying him too much.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With Tre healthy I would be perfectly fine with waiting until after the bye week. I want to see what happens this weekend before I start getting antsy. If both of them are out for the first month the season could be over before it starts. I know what's new.

jap

Legend
Bummer..

Tre's not ready....I. Pead time!

If so, it's time for Isaiah to start marketing himself big time! Let's see those instinctive moves, those pass snaring hands, those sack-defying blocks. If he impresses well enough in the next few weeks, he may return a valuable draft pick to us. If he does extremely well, maybe the Horns keep him and trade someone else. Whatever the scenario, put the effort out there and, everyone wins!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If Foles has about 40 sacks totaled on him by week 2, I bet we see him earlier than expected.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's tough. Like buying a brand new 700 BMW and having to leave it in the garage for 3 months before you can drive it. You see it in there everyday,,,,,,,,

Torture.
This sounds worse than having to do "99 jersey Count Down threads" waiting for the season to start!!:shades: ( should have been Blue Font!!)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aside from allowing Gurley more time to heal, pushing back his debut actually allows the offensive line more time to gel and develop as a unit.

But the reason he's being held out is because he needs to get up to speed with the offense - and more importantly - the protections.
Both good points!

Not sure you want to have him running into the backs of Olinemen... or having to carry defenders on his back because the blocks weren't there.

And I fully expect it to take at least 3 more weeks after he starts to see any kind of consistent examples of his potential come alive. He's a rookie... these things take time.

I like Mason a lot, but not sure how healthy he is. Cunningham is OK. Maybe Pead can step up?

My suspicion is... Cignetti will have to devise other ways to gain yardage than running the ball a lot.

Yes, there are other ways... ;)

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If Foles has about 40 sacks totaled on him by week 2, I bet we see him earlier than expected.

With Bennie and Pead at RB, play action becomes a much less potent weapon, IMO...Foles could get killed and might be composting by the time that Gurley gets on the field...I thought week 3 or 4...If it goes beyond that, I'll be disappointed for sure...I realize the concern and wanting to be sure, but this is not a normal human being ...He has the best doctors, trainers and rehab program/equipment available...I would really think that in about another month or so he's going to be about as good to go as he's going to get...Of course I'm not a doctor or trainer

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
With Bennie and Pead at RB, play action becomes a much less potent weapon, IMO...Foles could get killed and might be composting by the time that Gurley gets on the field...I thought week 3 or 4...If it goes beyond that, I'll be disappointed for sure...I realize the concern and wanting to be sure, but this is not a normal human being ...He has the best doctors, trainers and rehab program/equipment available...I would really think that in about another month or so he's going to be about as good to go as he's going to get...Of course I'm not a doctor or trainer

Another thing is that it's just a tweet from Rapoport. After listening to Fisher talk I would guess the same, but we know that's how he always talks when it comes to injuries. I would be willing to bet he gets a few carries week 2, is sharing time by week 3, and starting week 4.