Niners defensive tackle Justin Smith to retire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Ouch. I don't even wanna know what their starting d line is gonna look like now. It was already bad enough.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I won't be shedding any tears. Nice of him to leave now before he's had time to teach Armstead how to hold.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I won't be shedding any tears. Nice of him to leave now before he's had time to teach Armstead how to hold.

Yeah. He had perfected the double hold. Great player, but never cared for the refs turning a blind eye to his tactics

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is the second best news I've heard today!! ( Thordaddy's Celebration being #1)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I saw this on Twitter - I thought he had announced that a month or so ago - but I guess not.

Good riddance to a good player.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
oh-my.gif
:banana:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One less cheatin bastard to get me upset during a game. Now all we need is for an announcement that the Refs will go back to calling holding calls on the offensive lines.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Losses:

RB Gore
WR Crabtree
OL Iupati
DL McDonald, Smith
LB: Willis, Borland
CB: Culliver, Cox

And Ahmad Brooks has been accused of domestic abuse and could face suspension. They will be in the cellar of the west this year

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, San Francisco is really taking it on the chin :)

If they do well this season (anything above .500), I will be flaberghasted!!!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Smith is always Exhibit A for when people ask me why I don't respect Pro Bowl and All Pro. Same exact player (minus the cheating) in Cincy gets zero awards in 7 seasons but slap a Whiner jersey on him and suddenly the media slobbers all over themselves overrating him and voting him into every award.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Losses:

RB Gore
WR Crabtree
OL Iupati
DL McDonald, Smith

And Ahmad Brooks has been accused of domestic abuse and could face suspension. They will be in the cellar of the west this year

And Harbaugh. Going from Harbaugh to Tomsula is going to be quite the change too.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
And Harbaugh. Going from Harbaugh to Tomsula is going to be quite the change too.

And Harbaugh had Roman and Fangio, 2 very solid coordinators on both sides of the ball. Similarly I think the greatest loss for AZ was Bowles.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Losses:

RB Gore
WR Crabtree
OL Iupati
DL McDonald, Smith

Works for me, let them spend the next decade their!!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Rumor has it that Smith didn't want memory of him to be being pancaked repeatedly by Greg Robinson during the 2015 season.

Memphis Ram

Legend
One Rams killer down.

I wish Anquan Boldin would hang em up next. That guy must become invisible to Rams CBs at the snap or something.

Any other Rams killers out there?

TexasRam

Legend
Only Ram killers left Bowman and Vernon Davis.. But rams can always just grab his Wang again.