NFLN Path to the Draft-Rams!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just now on NFLN Path to the Draft, Bucky Brooks & Co. Just picked the Rams first 4 picks! IT WAS LAUGHABLE! I won't dignify it by mentioning the Players they gave us! It was Horrible!! In order A OG-WR-CB, I forget the 4th one, But all the Players where the Pits!!:headexplosion::puke:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I just set it to record the replay bro. Spare me the wait as Bucky is so Lucky to get his paycheck every week. He is so Blessed. What a gig.:santa: I can edit my post as we were just given the picks. I'd take 90% of our RAM FAN GM'S picking in their mock draft as we speak over Bucky Brooks who is not even aware we have moved our slot/CB to Free Safety this season. Thus nixing the bad reach of the Texas A&M safety to us with our first 4TH Rnd pick.

I don't mind the Indiana kid over Pocic who I truly believe needs a year in the weightroom where we could actually see this pick make it on the field as a starter this season. I actually could live with this as I'll have to live with whatever we pick anyway. Some may see this kinda high for this pick but I think its close and not sure if we don't trade down a short ways if possible and even in our Rams fans mock draft he went in the end of round one. Will be a fluid situation. I truly like this kids build as a Kromer body type and my wife is a Hoosier so I'd embrace him as a past OL knowing so many expect a CB/TE taken with our first pick. The screams would be deafening.:argue:

I don't mind Tankersly as a late CB pick if he is even still there at our late 4TH round pick. Not a big fan of the Bama wide reciever as he's not even a whiff of the Bama WR that wears #11 for the Falcons. Totally different kid and I believe our guys have their eyes on a good group of WR's to fit McVays O and I did'nt even see one in Bucky's short list. :giggle:

After seeing Bucky's board and who he has us picking from in his short lists is actually embarrassing for a man getting paid to do this.:shocking: We will have a TE in that first 4 I truly believe to fit our new offense.

Besides some very FUN trades made during the mock I'd advise anyone here who has not jumped over and seen the VERY HARD WORK and Effort our own members have put into making one of the most serious mock drafts you'll ever see till the real one happens in Philly. We have some superstar talent in our members and they are to be commended for the seriousness they apply in representing all 32 teams as if that was their team. We don't have the emoji's or way to show appreciation of what they have so far come up with. Please I'd advise you to make your day and catch up with what they so far have put together.

They may eventually crack and come off the rails as they have very tough rules and the waiting would kill me. I'd love to see all their draft boards they have come up with. This is not a canned mock by no means. Go see and then rewatch what Bucky mocked to us. :rolllaugh: Congrats to the members of ROD who work so well together and Alan you deserve an award for your work Brother. AWESOME!!!:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
They have Isaiah Johnson as our starting free safety? That's about all I needed to see to know what a joke this was. Even if they don't have Joyner there, Johnson wouldn't be there either.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Sign me UP for selecting WR ArDarious Stewart

His big gainers.. 71, 52, 67, 45, 52, 67, 39, 31 all done in 2016 in different games with a true freshman Bama quarterback?

ArDarious Stewart could slide to the 3rd #69 but the more I'm learning the more the early 3rd round would be a steal and GM's/Scouts are well aware of him.

A Very Good Read from Cosell about WR Ardarious Steward 03/11/2017
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...nfl-films-really-loved-ardarius-stewart-tape/

This is another newer Article

Scouting Profile: Wide Receiver ArDarius Stewart

by Mike Tagliere 03/21/2017

ArDarius Stewart, Alabama
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 204 lbs.
Arms: 32 1/2”
Hands: 9 3/8”
Vertical: 34”
40-yard dash: 4.49 seconds

It was quite odd that when I started my research on Stewart, I found heights for him ranging anywhere from 5’11” to 6’1”, which is a pretty big gap when talking about a wide receiver. At the NFL Combine, he came in at almost exactly 5’11”, which was short considering he weighs 204 pounds. Most wouldn’t believe it, but his size comparison is Jarvis Landry.

Opposite of Landry, Stewart plays much bigger than his size, running over defenders who get in his way. He was used all over the field with Alabama, lining up outside, in the slot, and in the backfield plenty of times. There was even a play where they tossed him a lateral and had him drop back to pass, where he did not fail, completing a rocket to his tight end O.J. Howard. It made sense after finding out that he was a quarterback in high school.

If there’s one thing you should understand after watching Stewart, it’s that he’s a natural football player. All of his movements are fluid and his vision on the field is excellent. The fact that teams will be able to use him all over the field is a bonus, and one that should have him climbing up draft boards. He also seems to enjoy blocking, going through the whistle at certain times, finishing his blocking assignment.

His route running ability is solid, though nothing spectacular. His moves are fluid, though they are slow for a guy who is under six-feet tall. He more than makes up for that with his terrific hands and ability to run after the catch. In the open-field, Stewart is a force to be reckoned with. He isn’t the type to step out of bounds when he catches the ball, though if you’re the defender, you really wish he would. Stewart is a straight-up playmaker with the ball in his hands, and it’s something that will translate in the NFL.

The downside to Stewart is that he apparently comes with some baggage, as he was suspended by Alabama for “violating behavior rules,” per head coach Nick Saban. It’s unclear what he did exactly, but it’s likely a question that was presented to him at the NFL Combine. Hopefully this was a minor incident, because Stewart should be making an impact in the NFL, almost immediately.

Potential landing spot

He needs to get in with a team that will get creative in order to get him the ball. Think about the way the Bengals used to find ways to use Mohamed Sanu. Because of that, Stewart would fit in with a coordinator like Sean McVay who is now the head coach of the Rams. But if you read my Chris Godwin profile, you’d know that I already think the Rams have their eyes on him. In a contingency, Stewart would make an excellent replacement. The next team on the list for me would be the Saints, or wherever Asshole Face is. The Steelers, Seahawks, and 49ers.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/03/scouting-profile-wide-receiver-ardarius-stewart/
addon.php

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bissell predicted that Donte Moncrief was the best receiver in the draft a few years ago. Even if he is right, I am tired of a small receiver that needs to be schemer open. I have had my fill.

However if he is right about the Rams liking Godwin then count me in.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't like Justin Evans but this is a fantastic draft for the Rams imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't see anything special in ArDarius Stewart when I gave him a watch. Would be upset if he's the WR we come away with. I'd be absolutely livid if we chose him over Cooper Kupp.

Honestly, I do like Dan Feeney as a Center. His injury history might worry me a tad, but he's a good player. Don't know if he has the power that Kromer wants, though.

The other picks sucked. Their depth chart was completely wrong on the defensive side of the ball. Jourdan Lewis >>>>>> Cordrea Tankersley. Cooper Kupp >>>>>> ArDarius Stewart. Justin Evans is not a need.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Just now on NFLN Path to the Draft, Bucky Brooks & Co. Just picked the Rams first 4 picks! IT WAS LAUGHABLE! I won't dignify it by mentioning the Players they gave us! It was Horrible!! In order A OG-WR-CB, I forget the 4th one, But all the Players where the Pits!!:headexplosion::puke:

Dave,
You're kidding right? I'd take this draft in a heart beat. Feeney will start somewhere immediately. I would put him at center and keep him there for the next 10 to 12 years or so but at the least he's playing somewhere on the interior of our line come September.

Stewart is a tremendous value in the 3rd round and Coach Mac will definitely have plans for a guy like him.
I would have gone pass rusher or TE in the 4th but Evans looks like a keeper and kinda reminds me of a TJ McDonald clone.

And Tankersley in the 4th round? Are you serious? In any other draft he's a 3rd rounder or even bottom of the 2nd all day. Fortunately this is a deep draft for corners so we are getting a ton of value if it shakes out like this.

I am not sure what you were expecting without a first round pick but this draft looks fine to me for the most part. As I mentioned I would have looked long and hard for a pass rushing OLB/DE in the 3rd or 4th round as that is a key position for the 3 - 4 defense.

And I am definitely in the market for a TE also but if the value is not there the players selected in this mock will do just fine.

What say ye?

~ArkyRamsFan~

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dave,
You're kidding right? I'd take this draft in a heart beat. Feeney will start somewhere immediately. I would put him at center and keep him there for the next 10 to 12 years or so but at the least he's playing somewhere on the interior of our line come September.

Stewart is a tremendous value in the 3rd round and Coach Mac will definitely have plans for a guy like him.
I would have gone pass rusher or TE in the 4th but Evans looks like a keeper and kinda reminds me of a TJ McDonald clone.

And Tankersley in the 4th round? Are you serious? In any other draft he's a 3rd rounder or even bottom of the 2nd all day. Fortunately this is a deep draft for corners so we are getting a ton of value if it shakes out like this.

I am not sure what you were expecting without a first round pick but this draft looks fine to me for the most part. As I mentioned I would have looked long and hard for a pass rushing OLB/DE in the 3rd or 4th round as that is a key position for the 3 - 4 defense.

And I am definitely in the market for a TE also but if the value is not there the players selected in this mock will do just fine.

What say ye?

~ArkyRamsFan~

I say nay. Feeney is a fine pick, but he may not have the strength at the POA to fit what Kromer wants. Stewart looked like a JAG to when I watched him. Evans offers what we already have, doesn't fill a need, and isn't strong value. Tankersley is an athlete whose football ability disappointed me greatly. Jourdan Lewis puts him to shame. I'll take my chances on that kid even with the DV hanging over his head.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I say nay. Feeney is a fine pick, but he may not have the strength at the POA to fit what Kromer wants. Stewart looked like a JAG to when I watched him. Evans offers what we already have, doesn't fill a need, and isn't strong value. Tankersley is an athlete whose football ability disappointed me greatly. Jourdan Lewis puts him to shame. I'll take my chances on that kid even with the DV hanging over his head.
Jrry32,
Do you know if McVay/Kromer plan to use the ZBS or more man scheme with the OL?

I have heard they might run both but what do you think they will do?

Thanks,

~ArkyRamsFan~

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry32,
Do you know if McVay/Kromer plan to use the ZBS or more man scheme with the OL?

I have heard they might run both but what do you think they will do?

Thanks,

~ArkyRamsFan~

Kromer uses an inside zone scheme. It's a hybrid approach. I expect he'll also mix in some PBS concepts.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dave,

What say ye?

~ArkyRamsFan~
I'll stick with my comment. I don't like he order of the picks, these are fairly decent players but I feel the Rams can pick a lot better!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Feeny, Tankersley, and Stewart are players. Not sure if Feeny can handle center...I wouldn't take him at 37.