NFL report critical of Incognito

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sorry but that's just how it is. You're on the wrong end of this.

Maybe on the other side of your opinion but that does not make you right and someone else wrong. You have done nothing but type your opinion here with nothing to even try to back your opinion. You don't think the behavior is "right" you are entitled to that opinion but you are fooling yourself thinking you are right and everyone disagreeing with you is wrong.

At least I posted the ESPN report

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe on the other side of your opinion but that does not make you right and someone else wrong. You have done nothing but type your opinion here with nothing to even try to back your opinion. You don't think the behavior is "right" you are entitled to that opinion but you are fooling yourself thinking you are right and everyone disagreeing with you is wrong.

At least I posted the ESPN report

What I have been saying is that everyone says he is over the line. It isn't my opinion, it's the widespread opinion of coaches, players, talking heads and the list goes on. Virtually no one inside the game thinks that what he did was acceptable.

That's just a fact, not an opinion, a fact.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
After looking at that report my opinion has not only been reinforced, but taken to a new height. Incognito is poison to anything he is around. He is a failure as a person and a player.

I'd rather lose with character and class than win with someone like Richie Incognito on my team. It's a good thing you can win without a despicable person like him.

RamsFan14

Starter
At first a lot of talking heads didn't agree with Martin's stance and actions, now I feel like all former players, coaches, and probably players (haven't heard anything from players honestly, this is a guess) will side with Martin now. Incognito really outdid himself here... Pretty sad, hope this is a valuable lesson for coaches not just in the NFL, but coaches in high school and college. Incognito really stepped out of bounds, idk how that's debatable honestly.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
At first a lot of talking heads didn't agree with Martin's stance and actions, now I feel like all former players, coaches, and probably players (haven't heard anything from players honestly, this is a guess) will side with Martin now. Incognito really outdid himself here... Pretty sad, hope this is a valuable lesson for coaches not just in the NFL, but coaches in high school and college. Incognito really stepped out of bounds, idk how that's debatable honestly.
He's done, man. I don't see him playing in the NFL ever again. I don't see how anyone could hire him for any kind of job.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
He's done, man. I don't see him playing in the NFL ever again. I don't see how anyone could hire him for any kind of job.

I'd love to see him fight MMA or something after this and get the living fuck beat out of him

laramsoriginal

Starter
Lol at some of you guys reaction. Are you guys freaking kidding me??????

Martin is much at fault for what happened. The pussification of America is ridiculous just like bullying can be as well. Look, richie as an idiot and a bully but Martin is also at fault for taking part in the raunchy jokes and crap that went on outside the football field.

P.C media has taken this crap to a new scale and some of you have gone all in. The "bullying" that went on with richie/martin happens in almost every locker room, perhaps to a lesser extent, the only real difference is that some players have the balls to fight back or just take the freaking hazing like a man. After all, Martin has even admitted that he is soft and has been bullied throughout his life.

In conclusion, Richie is a moron while Martin is a overly sensitive man crying wolf when shit got too hot in the kitchen. Both players have huge self esteem problems that have been present before they even interacted in Miami

Last edited:

RamsFan14

Starter

Martin is much at fault for what happened. The pussification of America is ridiculous just like bullying can be as well. Look, richie as an idiot and a bully but Martin is also at fault for taking part in the raunchy jokes and crap that went on outside the football field.

P.C media has taken this crap to a new scale and some of you have gone all in. The "bullying" that went on with richie/martin happens in almost every locker room, perhaps to a lesser extent, the only real difference is that some players have the balls to fight back or just take the freaking hazing like a man. After all, Martin has even admitted that he is soft and has been bullied throughout his life.

In conclusion, Richie is a moron while Martin is a overly sensitive man crying wolf when crap got too hot in the kitchen. Both players have huge self esteem problems that have been present before they even interacted in Miami

What?! Okay, lets keep hazing a football player who's had thoughts about committing suicide. Brilliant.

"The "bullying" that went on with richie/martin happens in almost every locker room, perhaps to a lesser extent" Haha WOW to a lesser extent?!?!?! Okay if you can find me some ppl who've been in an NFL locker room and have admitted that after hearing the report, maybe I'll sway towards your opinion. I've heard the opposite since the report (the same people who were iffy on Martin), but okay let's pretend you're right. If you are correct that the incident is to a lesser extent then what happens in other locker rooms, does that make still it right to do?!?!?!?!?! Seriously, am I missing something? Either way it's screwed up!!! Guess what bud, even football players have emotion and feelings, pretty weird right? You have to show SOME level of respect... SOME!

You wonder why athletes and coaches talk about the concept of respect, they talk about it because it's a big deal individually and from a team aspect. Let's keep messing around with the mind of a football player who's had thoughts about committing suicide... Cause it's no big deal at all... Brilliant.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

In conclusion, Richie is a moron while Martin is a overly sensitive man crying wolf when crap got too hot in the kitchen. Both players have huge self esteem problems that have been present before they even interacted in Miami

Hazing and joking goes on in every NFL locker room, but there isn't scum fucks with personality disorders preying on weaker individuals constantly because they need it in order to function. I agree that Martin should've stuck up for himself, but then again it's not really his fault that he was placed in an NFL locker room with a mentally broken individual. He may be a pussy, but even he admits that. On no level in any profession should it be acceptable to treat a human being like that. He's a fucking child, and he needs therapy. He shouldn't be able to work in this society without it.

http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-from-the-dolphins-investigation-updati-1522846626

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

seriously? Martin is as much at fault? Did you even read the report?

He was in a living hell. The hell of knowing, in his own words, he was a pussy and he couldn't do any thing to change it. Those 3 olinemen led by over bearing Richie are the lowest form of human life on earth. Fuck I hate people like that.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hey! That's not fair and you know it!

I'll be perfectly happy having him hand me my fries at McDonald's as long as he washes his hands first.

And treats the other employees with respect.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How do you all know that Richie totally understood the depth of Martins problems? What makes you think a moron like Incognito could even recognize or take any of the low self esteem stuff seriously?

Richie was asked by the GM to toughen Martin up. He was probably proud to be given the job. Maybe the GM should have told Richie just to be friendly with Martin and not go all out with the tough stuff. Or maybe Ireland should have assigned Martin a counselor. Or knowing the players, not have seen Martin as a fit for the Dolphins. Then again I doubt Martin fits into any locker room. His problems already existed before he hit the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What I have been saying is that everyone says he is over the line. It isn't my opinion, it's the widespread opinion of coaches, players, talking heads and the list goes on. Virtually no one inside the game thinks that what he did was acceptable.

That's just a fact, not an opinion, a fact.

No, it is a fact that you heard players say Incognito went over the line. It is not a fact that Every player thinks that. I have heard many side with Incognito and few side with Martin. It is a fact that after the season was over and the Dolphins Olinemen got together for their year end celebration, that Richie was invited. The teammates certainly don't agree with you. And they had a more accurate first hand account than the lawyer who, like Thordaddy said, could only view and report things from a legal point of view.

And just because a lawyer wrote the report it doesn't mean it was objective. Nothing ever is these days.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Funny how the players polled by espn have sided with richie. According to espn questionnaire, players would rather play with richie than martin.

Like I stated before, richie is an idiot who took hazing to another level yet Martin never went to the coaching staff/GM. Instead Martin played along as if he were friends with the whole group. If you read the text messages between richie and Martin you get the feeling that richie believes martin is his friend.........martin was also joking and talking shit with the rest of the OL. Like stated earlier, Martin did not go to the coaching staff, instead Martin decided a lawyer would help his situation more.

Richie deserved to be suspended all of last year. He served his time and lost his pay. Richie should have to complete 3 months of sensitivity training before he is allowed to play in the nfl again.
Martin will probably spend the next few months pimping his lawyer out to get as much money from the nfl as possible. Martin needs therapy, he even admits he has issues

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, it is a fact that you heard players say Incognito went over the line. It is not a fact that Every player thinks that. I have heard many side with Incognito and few side with Martin. It is a fact that after the season was over and the Dolphins Olinemen got together for their year end celebration, that Richie was invited. The teammates certainly don't agree with you. And they had a more accurate first hand account than the lawyer who, like Thordaddy said, could only view and report things from a legal point of view.

And just because a lawyer wrote the report it doesn't mean it was objective. Nothing ever is these days.

Since this report was released I haven't heard a single person side with Incognito, not one. I've heard guys say they supported him before but once they found out everything he did they no longer supported him.

Right now the only people saying what Incognito did was acceptable behavior for a locker room are Internet message board posters who likely haven't read the report.

Whenever I hear the term "pussification" I feel like I am having a discussion with someone who isn't paying attention.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It seemed pretty clear from the report that Martin was suffering from sever depression.

If you want to play down the effects of depression then I think that this discussion is over.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not down playing depression. But I know enough self centered blowhards to know tht they don't even have the ability to understand something that they have not experienced themselves..and even then most won't understand it. I don't think Incognito was treating Martin worse because he was preying on his depression weakness.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Since this report was released I haven't heard a single person side with Incognito, not one. I've heard guys say they supported him before but once they found out everything he did they no longer supported him.

Right now the only people saying what Incognito did was acceptable behavior for a locker room are Internet message board posters who likely haven't read the report.

Whenever I hear the term "pussification" I feel like I am having a discussion with someone who isn't paying attention.

Again, I have heard several still side with Incognito. So there is no way you can say that nobody sides with him and that is a fact. You are just trying to support your side of the argument with made up facts. And if you want a true depiction of how things are then you need to look at anonymous polls. Very few people will have the guts to go against public opinion on the air, especially TV. And there is always the chance that the league is being Censored on the subject. Goodell is following a long standing business model on how to deal with a PR crisis. In fact he is following it to the letter.

RamsFan14

Starter
It's a fair point Elmqroveqnome, but Cogs still can't do what he did. We are all talking about how Martin had his issues in high school that contributed to depression, so it is fair to ask about Incognito's side. He probably didn't fair well either in high school, if anything it was the opposite reaction of Martin's case and he built up his anger and such. It's a sad situation really, I bet Incognito couldn't have helped but act the way he does due to the way he grew up. I'd figure people would have told him by now what to work on considering his end tenure here with the Rams, but who knows. I'm still disappointed in the lack of respect Incognito showed to Martin, but that's just my opinion. I bet Cogs couldn't help himself, but he did cross a line, and quite frankly it was a bad line. Hopefully he can learn from this somehow, get some help, and prove he's a changed man. If he can somehow do that, I mean I wouldn't be opposed to teams giving him a chance again because we are all human. Some mistakes are worse then others, but it would be nice to see improvement from a man like Cogs (it'll be super tough I'd imagine, so I wouldn't get my hopes up...).

And with regards to people siding with Cogs, I haven't heard anyone side with him, but it makes sense some people wouldn't side against the pubic opinion. I haven't heard any side with Cogs yet, but if you say so I'll take your word. I still don't agree with that side tho lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I mentioned before that players who were there and have a first hand account, still accept Incognito into their group. Those guys in the locker have a better take on it all than a lawyer.

It would not surprise me at all if the lawyer, bought and paid, was told to make sure there was no clouding of guilt were Richie is involved. It is a business model. Investigate the problem, ensure the guilt is directed at an acceptable group or individual that the public can identify as the guilty party, accept the blame indirectly as a business, claim to put measures in place so it would not happen again and move on. All in a neat little pill for everyone to swallow and be satisfied that they know who is to blame. now they can put it to bed and forget about it. Now let's watch some football! I am all to familiar with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.