NFL Record Predictions from Matt Miller

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Philly5

Rookie
Finny was a "big loss"? The Bucs are an expected playoff team?

We get off to a good start and stay healthy? Might get on a nice roll behind a nasty defense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seems like teams 32-26 start the season with 5 losses each...Miller dropped the credibility ball here, big time.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
He may need to readjust his prediction when we have five wins after week 6.

GO RAMS - (y)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Can can see a lot of really close games this year. The question is if this team as finally come to a point where they can overcome the adversity and win those close games instead of losing them like previous years.
There were only 3 close games last year; the first game against AZ (win) and the home games against Seattle and Tennessee (losses). Since we won with Bradford and lost the other 2 with Clemens, I'm not worried about close games. We won quite a few in 2012 too, btw.

FRO

Legend
I mean 5-11 is possible. Nobody here thought we would go 2-14 in 2011. That being said we would have to have a lot injuries, or a lot of young guys regress for that to happen. Losing the 2013 version of Finnagen should help us not hurt us. Bradford is fine. I don't see 5-11. I see 7-9 to 10-6. I'm hoping for 9-7.

TexRamFan

Rookie
This might be the least creative or thought out prediction I have EVER seen.

As I told my Pops.....We would have never thought the Rams would destroy Houston or Indy last year. At least get creative and pick an upset or two!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I mean 5-11 is possible. Nobody here thought we would go 2-14 in 2011. That being said we would have to have a lot injuries, or a lot of young guys regress for that to happen. Losing the 2013 version of Finnagen should help us not hurt us. Bradford is fine. I don't see 5-11. I see 7-9 to 10-6. I'm hoping for 9-7.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there's no way this team only wins 5 games. Bad luck, injuries whatever...no way.

2011 was a lockout offseason, new OC...Sam missed 6 games, our secondary was ridiculously decimated as well as most of our roster. Not saying i expected it(I didn't) but it was the perfect storm of shit sandwiches.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...s-every-team-stand-heading-into-the-preseason

There is no denying that Jeff Fisher's St. Louis Rams have talent, but they also play in the NFL's toughest division and face a brutal schedule in 2014. That, plus questions in the secondary and still at quarterback, makes it easy to see the Rams taking a step back in wins this season.

Playing six games against the NFC West is bad enough, but the Rams must also play expected playoff teams Tampa Bay, the Philadelphia Eagles, Denver and the San Diego Chargers. They also see the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants along the way. Even with a few lucky breaks and bounces, that's a murderers' row of a schedule.

One of the best front fours in football will carry this team, but the loss of Cortland Finnegan at cornerback could be big for this team, as could the inexperience at safety. The hope is that coordinator Gregg Williams will get the back end of his defense going while a healthySam Bradford lives up to expectations at quarterback behind a very good offensive line.

The Rams may be a surprise pick for some as a playoff team this year, but I can't see them getting past this schedule.

2014 St. Louis Rams
Week Opponent Result
1 Minnesota Win
2 @ TB Loss
3 Dallas Win
4 Bye
5 @ PHI Loss
6 San Francisco Loss
7 Seattle Loss
8 @ KC Loss
9 @ SF Loss
10 @ ARI Loss
11 Denver Loss
12 @ SD Loss
13 Oakland Win
14 @ WSH Win
15 Arizona Win
16 New York Giants Loss
17 @ SEA Loss

2014 Season Prediction: 5-11

LMFOA! This guy is qualified to write this stuff?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's certainly a humorous take.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I feel the Rams will have a good home record losing 1 at home this season. That's 7 wins and win a couple road games were we struggled last season. That gets us to 9 wins and I feel that's doable. What was our home/away record last season.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
It's bleacherreport, for freak's sake. Who cares?!?
I use to think bleacher report was all trash...now just some of it is. This is one of the trash acticles.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow!

52442708.jpg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Did these guys even do their research about the Rams or did they just go like oh... The Rams, they suck, better put them at 5-11.

We went from best the best record against divisional rivals, to scrapping one out of 6 and Finnegan leaving will hurt our defense, I don't see how this guy convinces anybody he actually took even a second to figure out anything about us.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He didn't do any record predictions last year, but he did do power rankings:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-do-things-stand-at-start-of-preseason/page/2

In 2013 9 teams had a change in regular season standings of at least 10 places:

Kansas City Chiefs 2012: 32nd, 2013: 6th, his power rankings: 19th
Philadelphia Eagles 2012: 28th, 2013: 10th, his power rankings: 21st
Arizona Cardinals 2012: 26th, 2013: 10th, his power rankings: 25th
Carolina Panthers 2012: 18th, 2013: 3rd, his power rankings: 23rd
New Orleans Saints 2012: 18th, 2013: 6th, his power rankings: 9th
Minnesota Vikings 2012: 9th, 2013: 25th, his power rankings: 20th
Washington Redskins 2012: 9th, 2013: 31st, his power rankings: 12th
Atlanta Falcons 2012: 1st, 2013: 26th, his power rankings: 7th
Houston Texans 2012: 3rd, 2013: 32nd, his power rankings: 10th

On average he was 14 places out. For comparison I randomised the 9 teams into any of 32 spots, on average I was 11 places out.

in other words when it comes to teams who have made significant changes in record it's actually better to guess their record than listen to Matt Miller.

Ahhh, well that makes sense. Matt Miller is a moron. Thank u for that.