NFL is Fixed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ever see the Refs conference? Happens all the time. As I said before, the exact same thing happened in a Rams game this year, against the Rams

Usually the conference occurs before the announce the penalty, much less before the teams line up before the next play. They don't wait until the teams line up and then all of the sudden decide there was no penalty.

Big Willie

Starter
The NFL stands for one thing, money! Player safety is synomous for "how can we keep from getting sued so we can keep more money"? Part time referees equals less pay and fewer benefits...and saves the NFL money. The league sells sex in the form of cheerleaders and often pay them less than minimum wages. Teams must disclose injuries to keep the gambling flowing. They extort cities for better venues and keep expenses low by using the NCAA as their minor league system. Large TV markets equal better ratings and more they can charge the networks in upcoming contracts. Need more money, create your own network and schedule games to be played on days where you have no competition. Dallas is the 5th highest market in the country (and only two teams remain in the top 10 markets) ......the NFL has no reason to want to keep it in play.....(wink wink)
http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

Debacled

Starter
I can see what you mean by the facemask, but the defender still initiated contact with the receiver before the ball got there, that part was clearly textbook PI. So at best, it should have been offsetting penalties, replay the down.

And that explanation does nothing to tell us why Detroit didn't get an automatic 1st down on an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after Dez ran onto the field without a helmet.

Initial contact was actually Pettigrew grabbing the facemask. Watch the from behind angle, Pettigrew grabs the facemask and you can see the helmet getting tugged left and right prior to him letting go to reach for the ball. From the LOS you can't even see him grabbing the facemask and it looks like the defender pushes on his right shoulder causing him to fall. From behind you can see the defender getting tugged around and actually it doesn't even look like contact was even made, it looks like momentum carried Pettigrew because he didn't plant to come back to the ball.

Gotta remember officials don't see the game from multiple angles and in slow motion. Back judge would have seen no penalty/penalty on DET whereas any official near the LOS would have seen for sure PI. Who knows what it would have looked like to a side judge.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ens-brandon-pettigrew-overturning-call-010415

If you want to blame the incident on anything, blame the NFL. It sure sounds like the refs were under pressure to use their brand spankin new headsets to communicate and not to huddle up on plays.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Initial contact was actually Pettigrew grabbing the facemask. Watch the from behind angle, Pettigrew grabs the facemask and you can see the helmet getting tugged left and right prior to him letting go to reach for the ball. From the LOS you can't even see him grabbing the facemask and it looks like the defender pushes on his right shoulder causing him to fall. From behind you can see the defender getting tugged around and actually it doesn't even look like contact was even made, it looks like momentum carried Pettigrew because he didn't plant to come back to the ball.

Gotta remember officials don't see the game from multiple angles and in slow motion. Back judge would have seen no penalty/penalty on DET whereas any official near the LOS would have seen for sure PI. Who knows what it would have looked like to a side judge.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ens-brandon-pettigrew-overturning-call-010415

If you want to blame the incident on anything, blame the NFL. It sure sounds like the refs were under pressure to use their brand spankin new headsets to communicate and not to huddle up on plays.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on whether the defender interfered. He clearly made contact before the ball got there and he also grabbed Pettigrew's jersey. And he never turned his head to play the ball.

I think you are on more solid ground pointing out the contact with the facemask by Pettigrew, but some could also argue that was incidental contact. But for your sake, even if we concede that point to you, I still think there was unquestionable DPI/holding committed on the play, and at worst it should have been offsetting penalties.

And still, no call on Dez either. That one cannot be questioned, it should have been 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct and an automatic first down for Detroit.

There were multiple fck-ups by the officials on that call, and all of them when in the Cowboys favor.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I get why some guys don't want to see that fix is in. Perhaps they are okay with what that clown Pereira said; "the Cowboys caught a huge, huge break".

Why was Bryant not flagged?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm fuming about that call and I'm not even a lions fan. I'm a rams fan AND I hate the lions. I won't go as far as to say it was fixed, but there is definitely a pecking order in the league. For those who haven't seen the update, the flag was picked up after fez bryant ran up to one of the officials FROM HIS SIDELINE and berated him. Dallas is the flashier and more diva like team and that's why they got their way tonight, like a single child toddler throwing a tantrum. It's sickening.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truth is that it should have been DPI. They called the penalty on the field and then changed their mind. Don't know if I've ever seen that. It wasn't a blatant one but they've been calling that type of stuff all year. And then Dez Bryant not getting flagged...unbelievable.

Literally unbelievable that they took the penalty back after calling it and then didn't flag one of the most obvious and blatant personal fouls I've ever seen.

Hard to swallow. Then again, the man in charge of officiating was on a Cowboys party bus before the season...
dean_blandino_tmz.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ruined that damn game IMO. I dont have a hate for Dallas like most people do, but man. Picking up that flag back up was a weasel move.

BTW this was the same ref crew that ejected William Hayes against the Giants.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I trickled away from the notion but now I believe it. It is a rigged game. But no I'm not going ape crap or anything. I'm just don't care as much. But I love the Rams and game day experience. Hopefully next year we will be so good that not even the blatant rigging can stop us!

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Wait, you believe this TMZ story jrry? I thought they were not a credible source.

I kid because I care, but the referee's "mistake" tonight seems unforgivable to me. They should all be fired.

Next weekend has always been my second favorite (opening day) for watching games. I will do something else this year instead. I really do believe the fix is in.

My Wife and I always host the Superbowl party with our friends and family. We have a bunch of fun with it too. We cook the signature foods that the host city boasts, we serve their local cocktails, and school our youngsters on trivia about the host city. After watching that travesty tonight, the Wife and I are rethinking things.. I don't like wrestling, and as of today, the NFL may as well have Vince McMahon as their commissioner. I have plenty of other things to do with my time that don't involve staged sporting events. We will make our Northern Sonoran menu this year, but I have to be honest;
My heart is not in it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait, you believe this TMZ story jrry? I thought they were not a credible source.

I kid because I care, but the referee's "mistake" tonight seems unforgivable to me. They should all be fired.

Next weekend has always been my second favorite (opening day) for watching games. I will do something else this year instead. I really do believe the fix is in.

My Wife and I always host the Superbowl party with our friends and family. We have a bunch of fun with it too. We cook the signature foods that the host city boasts, we serve their local cocktails, and school our youngsters on trivia about the host city. After watching that travesty tonight, the Wife and I are rethinking things.. I don't like wrestling, and as of today, the NFL may as well have Vince McMahon as their commissioner. I have plenty of other things to do with my time that don't involve staged sporting events. We will make our Northern Sonoran menu this year, but I have to be honest;
My heart is not in it.

I feel for you, man, that sux.

A while back I saw an article that talked about it being time for fans to leave the NFL. I can't quit the Rams, but the Playoffs and a lot of these games decided by terrible calls ruins it.

National
Fixed
League

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Officiating is garbage... but it's a lot less garbage for certain teams than it is for others. As I said in the other thread, there comes a point where still refusing to see that is just deliberate blindness, especially if one is mocking others who do see it.

Might not be a conspiracy per se... but it's clear to me there's certain teams the officials think "should" win over others.

Even if the NFL is fixed to a certain degree through officiating, it doesn't mean that a favored team is guaranteed to win. They are just somehow given a handicap. There is no way an organization or individual can decide which team will win, they can only influence it. Which is lame, but if you want to win the game...you win the game by a long shot, and capitalize on turnovers.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Even if the NFL is fixed to a certain degree through officiating, it doesn't mean that a favored team is guaranteed to win. They are just somehow given a handicap. There is no way an organization or individual can decide which team will win, they can only influence it. Which is lame, but if you want to win the game...you win the game by a long shot, and capitalize on turnovers.
They understand the probability tables for every damn play of every game. A few quants can tell you exactly what plays to reverse or penalize in order to dramatically shift the probabilities for win/loss for any given team during any given game. It's not that hard. We're not talking rocket science here (and yes, I am one). All it takes is the will to alter games. And I don't understand why people have such a hard time getting past this boundary. Do they really think the NFL has some golden standard on ethics such that they would be unwilling to alter games, especially when there is a clear incentive to do so?