New Rams corner released from jail/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still wouldn't be surprised if we cut him, for NOT taking care of business, unless, we knew this was coming. Fisher doesn't freak around in these situations.

Fisher isn't so quick to pull the trigger, look at how much he put up with in Haynesworth and PacMan. This was a probation violation on a pot smoking charge. Fisher was well aware of this kids history. Why pull the rug out from under him so soon?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
wow...its weed...it serves many medicinal purposes..

it ain't like alcohol which serves no medicinal purposes......unless you were watchin the rams from 07 to 09

What medical purpose was it serving for Greg; a world class athlete? ;)

iced

What medical purpose was it serving for Greg; a world class athlete? ;)

Pain or soreness could be one, especially coming off of another ACL surgery (Helped w/ my 2 shoulder surgeries.) It also helps regrow brain cells, which I think is ironic considering some soldiers get a traumatic brain injury from taking an anti-malaria pill (Mefloquinn)...although the FDA has said to stop using it twice and the military was supposed to stop handing it out in 2009, how that's legal and pot isn't blows my mind (it's also a catch 22...gotta use pot to heal the side effects from a drug)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fisher isn't so quick to pull the trigger, look at how much he put up with in Haynesworth and PacMan. This was a probation violation on a pot smoking charge. Fisher was well aware of this kids history. Why pull the rug out from under him so soon?
I wouldn't compare the two. Pulling the rug out from under him? I don't think that is the case, we are giving this kid a huge chance that nobody else did. The situation is already over, or he would have been cut already.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sure it is pulling the rug out. If they nailed him for something so minor after he was told he was given an opportunity, despite his past. Cutting him for something so small would be the exact opposite of giving him a chance.

iced

Sure it is pulling the rug out. If they nailed him for something so minor after he was told he was given an opportunity, despite his past. Cutting him for something so small would be the exact opposite of giving him a chance.

It was so minor they didn't bother to arrest him for 6-8 months...although they did was issue a bench warrant and waited it out.

I don't think people understand that probation generally gets you in more trouble.. it's a source of revenue for city and county govt's

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Pain or soreness could be one, especially coming off of another ACL surgery (Helped w/ my 2 shoulder surgeries.) It also helps regrow brain cells, which I think is ironic considering some soldiers get a traumatic brain injury from taking an anti-malaria pill (Mefloquinn)...although the FDA has said to stop using it twice and the military was supposed to stop handing it out in 2009, how that's legal and pot isn't blows my mind (it's also a catch 22...gotta use pot to heal the side effects from a drug)

Weed does seem to help pain and soreness. Not sure if that's real or illusory though.

I have no idea about the other stuff you mention.

I do know, from medical research, that weed increases your anxiety levels. Especially if it's in your system 24/7, as it is if you're smoking more than twice a week.

iced

I have no idea about the other stuff you mention.

sadly i do know
I do know, from medical research, that weed increases your anxiety levels. Especially if it's in your system 24/7, as it is if you're smoking more than twice a week.

its a lot more than "twice a week" - basically if you become dependent on it....ironically though it is used to treat alcoholism, which anxiety is a huge side effect of

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Weed, or any form of it, never has worked for my pain. Now, that being said, I'm sure it works for some people. Do what works for you, because pain can be crippling in itself.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weed, or any form of it, never has worked for my pain. Now, that being said, I'm sure it works for some people. Do what works for you, because pain can be crippling in itself.

Think you can prescribe me some Doc? :whistle:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Think you can prescribe me some Doc? :whistle:
I'm afraid we live too far away, and it won't help with the bar, so I won't do that to you.

Best pain reliever is alcohol, but that presents it's own problem. Pure morphine doesn't help me, alcohol does. Nsaids can take the edge off, but nothing will make you pain free, if you have certain kinds of pain. If you can take the edge off, be satisfied with that, or you will keep using, until THAT is the problem. Everyone is different.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Doc, I got some woo-woo stuff for you for pain if you are interested. It's a book called "Awakening Somatic Intelligence: The art and practice of embodied mindfulness - Transform pain, stress, trauma and aging"... It may be worth a try.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
sadly i do know

its a lot more than "twice a week" - basically if you become dependent on it....ironically though it is used to treat alcoholism, which anxiety is a huge side effect of

It you want to learn about alcoholism a good book is "The Easy Way to Control Alcoholism" by Allen Car. It takes the "controversial stance" that alcoholism is not a disease, but a decision. The process works for any addiction.

If you want to learn about how to re-grow and maintain healthy brain cells - even after trauma - read "The Ultra Mind Solution". The author explains how the brain regenerates and what it needs to do so. I'm switching my diet based on this book alone.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It you want to learn about alcoholism a good book is "The Easy Way to Control Alcoholism" by Allen Car. It takes the "controversial stance" that alcoholism is not a disease, but a decision. The process works for any addiction.

If you want to learn about how to re-grow and maintain healthy brain cells - even after trauma - read "The Ultra Mind Solution". The author explains how the brain regenerates and what it needs to do so. I'm switching my diet based on this book alone.
Thanks man, but I am a pro, and my decisions are calculated. This is not about that. I'm open to anything. My pm box is always open. It sucks...I was never a drinker, per se, before. Only people in pain can truly comment on it. True pain, not discomfort.
It is a choice though, that is truly fair. It is like the choice I made less than a week after c-spine surgery...I decided to NOT partake in pain meds, or anything else...and went back to work.

Years later, things have changed.

I don't advocate anything, except that I will not judge you for doing what you have, or need to do. That is a difference, than doing what you want to do. The difference is a huge one.

My dad died of a very aggressive cancer, and my mom died of heart diseaese. My grandpa died of complications from diabetes, and my other grandpa died from a heart attack after running 3 miles...he didn't drink, or do drugs of any kind.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Thanks man, but I am a pro, and my decisions are calculated. This is not about that. I'm open to anything. My pm box is always open. It sucks...I was never a drinker, per se, before. Only people in pain can truly comment on it. True pain, not discomfort.
It is a choice though, that is truly fair. It is like the choice I made less than a week after c-spine surgery...I decided to NOT partake in pain meds, or anything else...and went back to work.

Years later, things have changed.

I don't advocate anything, except that I will not judge you for doing what you have, or need to do. That is a difference, than doing what you want to do. The difference is a huge one.

My dad died of a very aggressive cancer, and my mom died of heart diseaese. My grandpa died of complications from diabetes, and my other grandpa died from a heart attack after running 3 miles...he didn't drink, or do drugs of any kind.

God bless brother. My father was an alcoholic (probably due to self-worth issues) so whenever I hear about alcohol being used as a crutch it breaks my heart. Obviously pain is horrible. I have experience with back issues/pain myself, including surgery, but I am relatively young so I am able to work on strengthening via yoga and mind-body (somatic) training (i.e., the woo-woo suggestion).

Swimming helps me too.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
His time inside will be the end of the story, hopefully he'll see it as closing a dark chapter on his life - it was weed, he wasn't robbing old ladies, beating up his girl - EVERYONE deserves a second chance

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
God bless brother. My father was an alcoholic (probably due to self-worth issues) so whenever I hear about alcohol being used as a crutch it breaks my heart. Obviously pain is horrible. I have experience with back issues/pain myself, including surgery, but I am relatively young so I am able to work on strengthening via yoga and mind-body (somatic) training (i.e., the woo-woo suggestion).

Swimming helps me too.
Not a crutch, you misunderstood me, that is cool. I tried swimming, and I have a pool. Every action in it, hurts me. My main problem, in my opinion, my neck surgeon prescribed no therapy. Years later, my therapist told me that my neck muscles are the weakest they have ever tested. Too late, too bad, whatever... I have had l-spine surgery too, from a football injury in high school...got speared, cracked a vertebrae, I played the next week.

I have been in many pain forums as well as this one. I love this forum, and like I said, unless you been there personally, I don't judge, because I have talked to many, and all are different. I, personally, have tried almost everything, and I am still open to advice.

I love my pool, but only for soaking. My therapists have advised me to NOT exercise...as did my chiropractor. Only exercise that I can do is on a recumbent bike.

Don't miss my point, anyone...do what works for you, because it is a quality of life issue, quality of life.... trumps anything else.

Last edited: