New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Granted its up to interpretation, but its right there. Not going to keep repeating myself either - I've quoted this section more than once now, and I think it's pretty clear.

Yeah, but I'm quite certain you're not reading that right. That entire thing is about the cleanup of of the toxic waste. Building a stadium requires them to do even more than just a standard cleanup because of the size of the building. There's more weight, more traffic, and it's typically harder to reach areas if they need repair.

There was about 50 million dollars that was set aside for the cleanup, that has to happen no matter what they do, stadium or no stadium. A stadium requires a little extra, so that's going to come out of revenue that the stadium creates. However that has almost nothing to do with the general maintenance and upkeep of the stadium. It relates to the 2-300K they'll need for running those valves and tubes that'll divert the gasses, but it doesn't relate to anything else. At this point I'm not sure if you're reading that section incorrectly and think that it's talking about the general upkeep of the stadium, or aren't sure what the discussion is on.

The initial point was the question of who pays for daily upkeep, repairs, maintenance etc. What you keep quoting does not talk about that as far as I can tell. The wording indicates they're talking about the cleanup, and since it's in the section labeled "Is there more work to be done environmentally and who will pay for it?" I'm going to safely say it's about the toxic cleanup.

iced

Yeah, but I'm quite certain you're not reading that right. That entire thing is about the cleanup of of the toxic waste. Building a stadium requires them to do even more than just a standard cleanup because of the size of the building. There's more weight, more traffic, and it's typically harder to reach areas if they need repair.

There was about 50 million dollars that was set aside for the cleanup, that has to happen no matter what they do, stadium or no stadium. A stadium requires a little extra, so that's going to come out of revenue that the stadium creates. However that has almost nothing to do with the general maintenance and upkeep of the stadium. It relates to the 2-300K they'll need for running those valves and tubes that'll divert the gasses, but it doesn't relate to anything else. At this point I'm not sure if you're reading that section incorrectly and think that it's talking about the general upkeep of the stadium, or aren't sure what the discussion is on.

The initial point was the question of who pays for daily upkeep, repairs, maintenance etc. What you keep quoting does not talk about that as far as I can tell. The wording indicates they're talking about the cleanup, and since it's in the section labeled "Is there more work to be done environmentally and who will pay for it?" I'm going to safely say it's about the toxic cleanup.

I really don't know what to say anymore - you keep speculating that I'm not reading it right and that it has to do with the clean up, when the article itself completely differentiates that.

money has already been set aside by Carson Redevelopment Agency to assist in the remaining clean up.

It’s important to note there is no connection between the clean-up funds and the City of Carson’s general fund.

all of the extra costs necessitated by a football stadium will be paid for privately from revenues generated by the team or teams at the stadium

Believe what you want to believe - that's your prerogative...But clearly the article differentiates that, and articulates it so. I'm not going to break it down for you barney style nor am I going to keep repeating it. It's there in plain english.

Last edited:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I didn't hear him say LA Rams. He said "LA Dude". Probably because the Rookie Premiere was in LA.

On another note, is this necessary? If you're going to throw crap against the wall, at least make sure it sticks.
Maybe your hearing is off, all the comments say he said LA Rams. I hear him say LA rams.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I really don't know what to say anymore - you keep speculating that I'm not reading it right and that it has to do with the clean up, when the article itself completely differentiates that.

Believe what you want to believe - that's your prerogative...But clearly the article differentiates that, and articulates it so

What? I mean first you're saying that the article isn't about the cleanup, then you quote something that literally talks about setting aside money for the clean up.

The initial point of all this boils down to "Who is responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the stadium"

That is not the cleanup, not the construction. It's who is responsible for the stadium after it's built. Who fixes the toilets, who mows the grass, who touches up the paint, who makes sure they have the food needed for game day, etc. Because the City of Carson is set to own and operate the stadium I'm guessing it would be their responsibility.

You are saying that's not the case, okay. But then you are citing this section of the article as evidence of this.

IS THERE MORE WORK TO BE DONE ENVIRONMENTALLY AND WHO WILL PAY FOR IT ?

Yes, there is. Over the years, more than $150 million has been spent on clean up, both by the various land owners controlling the 152 acres and the Carson Redevelopment Agency. Still to be completed is installing extraction wells to remove methane and other gases – a process that will take about six months – the cost of which will be shared by the developer and the Carson Redevelopment Agency, which has contributed financially to the clean up over the years and will continue to do so.

An important point to note: That money is going to be spent on the site
no matter what. Football, no football, mall, no mall. Whatever that land is eventually used for, money has already been set aside by Carson Redevelopment Agency to assist in the remaining clean up.

It’s important to note there is no connection between the clean-up funds and the City of Carson’s general fund.

Meanwhile, all of the extra costs necessitated by a football stadium will be paid for privately from revenues generated by the team or teams at the stadium. Such a large contribution by the teams is made possible by the enormous size of the Los Angeles and Orange County markets.

So breaking down the first bit.
Yes, there is. Over the years, more than $150 million has been spent on clean up, both by the various land owners controlling the 152 acres and the Carson Redevelopment Agency. Still to be completed is installing extraction wells to remove methane and other gases – a process that will take about six months – the cost of which will be shared by the developer and the Carson Redevelopment Agency, which has contributed financially to the clean up over the years and will continue to do so.

The first sentence is talking about how they need to do more cleanup. Over the years Carson, and various groups who have owned the land, have spent 150 million dollars. There is still more cleanup to be done, namely the wells to remove the various gasses, and those costs will be shared by the developer (Chargers/Raiders I'm assuming) and the Carson Redevelopment Agency.

An important point to note: That money is going to be spent on the site
no matter what. Football, no football, mall, no mall. Whatever that land is eventually used for, money has already been set aside by Carson Redevelopment Agency to assist in the remaining clean up.

This is saying that stadium or no stadium, they need to do this cleanup process. It doesn't matter if they go to the stadium, the backup plan of a mall, or something else, it needs to be cleaned up. Carson Redevelopment Agency have set aside money (they've said 50 million) to help with this process already.

This is saying that the Carson budget and the money set aside by Carson Redevelopment Agency for the cleanup of the site is separate. The money is already there.

Meanwhile, all of the extra costs necessitated by a football stadium will be paid for privately from revenues generated by the team or teams at the stadium. Such a large contribution by the teams is made possible by the enormous size of the Los Angeles and Orange County markets.

This is saying that all the extra cleanup costs that they have because they are building a large stadium on there, and it makes the situation a little more complicated, and they need to do more than if they were building something smaller/lighter, will come from revenue generated from the stadium (so obviously they will owe money, and then once the stadium is built, money that it generates needs to go towards the cost of that cleanup). The teams being willing to help with the cleanup (which is supposedly significant financially, because they need to haul away 4 feet of dirt across the entire thing, burn that dirt, law down the plastic sheet, truck in clean dirt, etc) is because of how attractive the LA market is, it's worth it to spend more money.

At no point does that talk about daily maintenance and stadium upkeep.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Maybe your hearing is off, all the comments say he said LA Rams. I hear him say LA rams.

I heard LA, but I didn't hear Rams. It could have even been LA! Rams! as in "[I'm excited to be in] LA! [I'm excited to part of the] Rams!"

I don't think Gurley was making any statement about the Rams relocation.

iced

Meanwhile, all of the extra costs necessitated by a football stadium will be paid for privately from revenues generated by the team or teams at the stadium.
This is saying that all the extra cleanup costs that they have because they are building a large stadium on there, .

picard-facepalm.jpg

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Gentlemen, specifically Iced, Ramfan503, the Ripper, bluecoconuts and Blue4, I'd like to commend you all on your intelligence, diligence, patient reserve and perspective in this endless debate. I must say I'm in awe of the energy you're all putting into this discussion.

Cant wait until there are games to discuss instead and more so, a final resolve with regard to our team and where they're going to play. This topic has been going on for 5 years across the internet and it's about time it's over.

Go Rams

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I am not sure this has been discussed or not but to show you what kind of schmuck that Rob Schaaf is he created this poll then quickly deleted it.
CGLA34RUoAA3ism.jpg:large

ramfaninsd

UDFA
I am not sure this has been discussed or not but to show you what kind of schmuck that Rob Schaaf is he created this poll then quickly deleted it.
i don't tweet but is it possible that people in favor of it tweeted more than once and if i did tweet how would i have known about this poll?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh - he's politicking.

Honestly, I do have a problem with the stadium group suing the city over the ordinance that was apparently overwhelmingly passed by the voters. I also think the Governor is making a huge stretch to say that extending the bonds for a new stadium is what was approved back when the Dome was built.

But hey.... I don't pay taxes in that state nor do I own a restaurant, hotel, or rental car business there so.... I just think the powers that be should have been working on this thing a lot sooner. They didn't so they almost have no choice but to try to keep the voters out of the loop.

No matter which side - it is politicians playing games with hundreds of millions in what they seem to think as monopoly money.

bluecoconuts

Legend
But hey.... I don't pay taxes in that state nor do I own a restaurant, hotel, or rental car business there so.... I just think the powers that be should have been working on this thing a lot sooner. They didn't so they almost have no choice but to try to keep the voters out of the loop.

Honestly I think they're trying to cover their own asses. Didn't want to bring it up before the elections, now they're looking for loopholes. I don't think it'll really matter in the end, if Stan stays, I don't see him in a rush to get out of the most owner friendly lease in sports unless its something he really likes.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
i don't tweet but is it possible that people in favor of it tweeted more than once and if i did tweet how would i have known about this poll?

Not unless they have multiple log ins. Once it is marked as retweet or favorite you cannot log out and then back in with the same account and do it again. The pole doesn't matter. I don't think any pole done on Facebook or Twitter is going to mean anything. It was just because he didn't get the result he wanted he deleted it. If the pole had shown what he wanted you better believe he'd be touting it.

Last edited:

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Meh - he's politicking.

I know he is it was just the fact he deleted so quickly while the results were against him. Let the people for a voice in the vote. Oh well clearly the people don't know what they want, I'll speak for them.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what Peacock and The governor has said. That extending the bonds would place no extra tax burden on the citizens and if that's the case I think the court is going to rule in their favor because why do you need a vote if the outcome doesn't change anything

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
From what Peacock and The governor has said. That extending the bonds would place no extra tax burden on the citizens and if that's the case I think the court is going to rule in their favor because why do you need a vote if the outcome doesn't change anything

I was thinking the same thing but after listening to Mike Smallwood on the Big show and Bill McClellan on the Press Box, I see that there might be some merit since they're challenging the actual original bill.

Seg 3 about 15 minutes in
http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...leId/17785/Thursdays-Show--Cards-Options.aspx

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...View/articleId/17783/The-Press-Box-52815.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.