Never Again....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AkRamFan

UDFA
From now on I will Never Again feed into all the hype about how this Rams team will perform for now on it's Put up or Shut Up after last weeks Ram throttling it has given me so little hope in this organization. I've been a Ram fan since 1978 and have never seen it this bad don't get me wrong I will never stop being a Ram fan I've loved this team since grade school and will die a Ram Fan but for some reason or another there is no desire to win thats how I fill somewhere there is a cancer in this team and until it is removed the cancer will continue to grow. I don't know how this can be cured but something has to be done in order for this team to be back on top as it stands now we are the joke of the NFC West. Can't stand to see this team at the bottom I've dedicated to many years an tears there will be no turning back. So until someone comes up with a cure for our beloved Rams get use to a depleted team.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think the losses are tougher this year because we've been in these games.
Years past, we knew it was over half way through the first quarter.

As long time Rams fans, we've had much worse teams than this one.

I'll tell you one thing. The games haven't been lacking for excitement. Losses aside, they've been pretty intense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've been a Ram fan since 1978 and have never seen it this bad

1981: 6-10
1982: 2-7
1987: 6-9
1990: 5-11
1991: 3-13
1992: 6-10
1993: 5-11
1994: 4-12
1995: 7-9
1996: 6-10
1997: 5-11
1998: 4-12
2002: 7-9
2005: 6-10
2007: 3-13
2008: 2-14
2009: 1-15
2010: 7-9
2011: 2-14

Since Jeff Fisher arrived we are 15-21-1. With a few breaks here and there that record could easily have been reversed.

but for some reason or another there is no desire to win thats how I fill somewhere there is a cancer in this team and until it is removed the cancer will continue to grow.

A cancer? What are you an oncologist? Go to the players and coaches and ask them if they have no desire to win. I'm betting they would either laugh or get pissed off at a question like that.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Having the youngest team in the league 3 years running certainly has something to do with it.I to have been a fan since the late 70's and I am as frustrated as anyone. I can accept the mistakes that come with being the youngest team in the league but the obvious bad calls from the referees that cost us games has to STOP.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah the youth hurts. I'd like Amendola back. And get some free agents from teams that have won something in the past. The Rams don't seem to know how to play a complete game. Maybe it is just players still learning the defense, but something is missing, especially when they blow to early leads against good teams.

jap

Legend
Some of you guys need to learn to approach the season with cautious optimism. Yes, we are the NFL's youngsters for three years running, but we are also the NFL refs' bitches too for whatever reason. Losing your starting QB and the 2nd string QB to start the season just ain't freaking right! Even if we were a veteran squad, the injuries to the two top signal callers were major setbacks.

I saw all the early optimism here, and I tend to be pretty optimistic myself. However, I need to see a certain playing groove and championship strut to the players before I get fully cranked up. If Sam were our QB, we may be 5-0 right now or at least 4-1. The guy excelled in crunch time! Young Austin has to get through a critical number of game situations before he can have full confidence when the final minutes/seconds are winding down. As the Fisher King indicated, things will turn around eventually, but the youngsters have to get through their damn growing pains like everyone else.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
This is similar to what I said about getting so drunk and throwing up on myself and saying " I'll never drink again".... guess what happened the next weekend? lol

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
I think youth is the problem with this team and it shouldn't be, not enough good veterans out there. To many on this team means down the road most of them will start leaving almost as fast as they came in and we won't have an RGIII trade to replenish them with more high draft picks. It just scares me that if a bunch of these guys turn out good they will leave for bigger paydays later and we will always be in rebuild instead of build up mode.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think youth is the problem with this team and it shouldn't be, not enough good veterans out there. To many on this team means down the road most of them will start leaving almost as fast as they came in and we won't have an RGIII trade to replenish them with more high draft picks. It just scares me that if a bunch of these guys turn out good they will leave for bigger paydays later and we will always be in rebuild instead of build up mode.

Yeah that will most likely happen. That is why I don't like developmental picks. Some don't develop until their rookie contract is up and then if they finally become good the team risks losing them to someone else. So for a second round pick the Rams get one good year of production 4 years after the pick. Quick may turn out to be as good as Snead thinks but if he leaves via free agency due to the Rams cap situation then they didn't get much return for a 2nd rounder. The Rams will be tight against the cap always the way things are going. They wont be able to resign anyone, or sign any Vet free agents for leadership. Of all the players on the D Dunbar is one of, if not the best leader when it comes to making big plays or motivating with a big hit etc. We need more guys that have that persona. I think Fisher tried to get that in the last draft with Mason and moreso with Joyner who had that reputation as an on field leader. Someone has to teach these guys how to fight till the end.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Teams don't have to pay rookies 50 million anymore, resulting IMO in less quality young veterans on the market. Slows down the building process. We need to add a hurry up element to our offense as well.

AZRamsFan93

Having the youngest team in the league 3 years running certainly has something to do with it.I to have been a fan since the late 70's and I am as frustrated as anyone. I can accept the mistakes that come with being the youngest team in the league but the obvious bad calls from the referees that cost us games has to STOP.
It seems that being the youngest team is worn like a badge of honor. To me it is a major problem. Maybe we need to stop being the youngest team?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That was not a "throttling" Minn. was, but when you have to play your third string guy half the game without reps in practice it's not unprecedented .

I don't know what the rest of the season will bring but I altered my expectations for this season first when Sam got hurt , second when Hill did but Davis has actually given me some hope that if we can get this defense playing to it's enormous potential and our o-line stays healthy we can be competitive ( which we were Monday) against most every team ,we came up shorter that the 9r's, but we ain't midgets

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The longer I am a Rams fan and the more my optimism gets beaten down, the more I lean toward not buying into the hype any more.

Can't help it. Call it self-preservation.

We'll see what happens the rest of this season, but it's hard - at least for me - to not be skeptical as I tune in each week.

It's like... what's going to go wrong this time?

Seattle coming to town, probably pizzed off that they got embarrassed by Dallas isn't making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Sorry, guys and gals.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It seems that being the youngest team is worn like a badge of honor. To me it is a major problem. Maybe we need to stop being the youngest team?
That will take some time (y) but take heart time will pass and all this young talent will blossom together and when it does we will be fully vested in the new rookie salary structure ( sometimes I wish we'd taken 6 2nd rounders and a first for RG ) and JMO our draft this year is one of "those" people will look back on and say that's where the championships came from.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From now on I will Never Again feed into all the hype about how this Rams team will perform for now on it's Put up or Shut Up after last weeks Ram throttling it has given me so little hope in this organization. I've been a Ram fan since 1978 and have never seen it this bad don't get me wrong I will never stop being a Ram fan I've loved this team since grade school and will die a Ram Fan but for some reason or another there is no desire to win thats how I fill somewhere there is a cancer in this team and until it is removed the cancer will continue to grow. I don't know how this can be cured but something has to be done in order for this team to be back on top as it stands now we are the joke of the NFC West. Can't stand to see this team at the bottom I've dedicated to many years an tears there will be no turning back. So until someone comes up with a cure for our beloved Rams get use to a depleted team.
There is only one thing the Team, and we Fan's can do.." Pick yourself up, Dust yourself off, and start all over again!" Starting with the Sea-Chicken's this Sunday!!

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think maybe they are telling us, have some patience, after all, they are just kids starting their new jobs with other kids.

I mean who was mad at the fact that we had one of the oldest teams a few years back? That was awesome huh?

We were watching ppl retire as they played for us, now they are ascending before our eyes. So cheer up, have a drink, and enjoy the growing pains.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find these posts sad. People just fail to realize what it takes to rebuild an entire team. This team was worse off than any expansion team.
You cant cook an nfl team in microwave.
If anything ,we were all guilty of too high expectations thanks to the relative success of Fisher first 2 years.
NFL is entertainment, its best served to keep that in mind.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is only one thing the Team, and we Fan's can do.." Pick yourself up, Dust yourself off, and start all over again!" Starting with the Sea-Chicken's this Sunday!!

Boy, do they need a win!

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Eventually all these young players will come into their prime,but for now yes it is a problem with rookie mistakes at bad times.Its not like we don't have some vets to keep the balance but they are outnumbered bad.This team will rise in the NFL soon and all the waiting will pay off.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I find these posts sad. People just fail to realize what it takes to rebuild an entire team. This team was worse off than any expansion team.
You cant cook an nfl team in microwave.
If anything ,we were all guilty of too high expectations thanks to the relative success of Fisher first 2 years.
NFL is entertainment, its best served to keep that in mind.
Don't agree with that, how many first rounders and draft picks have they had and we still go 1-4 in our "breakout year"