N.F.L. Completes Greatest Passing Season in League History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I'm proud to point out that the Rams played a small part in this.....a very small part....Okay a minuscule part...Okay almost no part. :(

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't agree with Bernie. IMO, the receivers are as much to blame for this offense as the QB is. I'm not sure Aaron Rogers would have much success with this group. But I lost a lot of faith in Keenum Sunday too. Kroenke should (at least) demand Fisher hire a new Offensive Coordinator (for the last year of his contract) and we should draft 2 QBs, 2 WRs, a ML, or something along those lines in the first three rounds, according to value/position (ie-BPA). Then let Keenum and Mannion battle it out with the two new rookies. I do agree with Bernie that Fisher has had four years to win and he not produced. Not Fisher's fault that Bradford went down two years in a row, and I was ok with the trade for Foles, but now the guys that Fisher drafted, Jenkins, Brockers, Johnson, might be leaving the team. The same guys that Fisher drafted have played out their contracts, and we might be losing some of them. Not good. Especially when you have to build the offense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fseason-as-starter-rams-will-explore-options/

Case Keenum heads into offseason as starter, Rams will explore options
Posted by Josh Alper on January 4, 2016

503292210-e1451951430622.jpg
Getty Images

It’s too early to be naming starting quarterbacks for the 2016 season, but Case Keenum should feel pretty good about what he heard from Rams coach Jeff Fisher on Monday.

Fisher said, via Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com, that Keenum will head into the offseason as the team’s starter after replacing Nick Foles in that role during the regular season. Keenum is on track to be a restricted free agent, so the team will presumably be tendering him a contract if they aren’t able to agree on a deal before the deadline.

As for Foles, Fisher said the plan is to give him a chance to compete for the job but that the team will also take a look at outside options at the position once the offseason gets going. Foles is due a $6 million roster bonus in March and is set to make $1.75 million in base salary as part of the extension he signed with the Rams after being acquired in a trade forSam Bradford. That’s a deal the Rams may regret now that they’ve seen Foles in action, but it isn’t one they can get out of without a big cap hit.

Whoever winds up under center and wherever the Rams are playing come September, the team needs to get more out of their passing offense than they have during the last three seasons. The Rams were last in the league in passing yards this year and their No. 18 ranking in 2012 is their best ranking since Fisher has been on the sideline.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OK so what this means is we can sneak up on the entire fucking league next year by passing only 20 times a game.

Right? That'll work won't it?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

rams passing

2012 - 3550 yards 22td 14int
2013 - 3125 yards 22td 11int
2014 - 3400 yards 20td 16int
2015 - 2805 yards 11td 11int

Athos

Legend
All the proof you need of how very real and important a quality passing attack that brings enough feat to lay off stacking the box.

Our passing attack looked like what football must have been in the 60s or 70s.

Father Time has long since passed Stone Age Fisher Ball.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Athos

Legend

Passer ratings have climbed across the league for decades, as passing offenses have become more sophisticated and NFL rules have increasingly favored the passing game. In 2015, the league-wide passer rating was 88.4. In 2005 it was 78.2. In 1995 it was 77.5. In 1985 it was 70.7. In 1975 it was 62.8.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ser-rating-record/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

And the Rams have been going in the complete opposite direction of that history.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Point of fact. Of the 12 QB's that had 4,000 or more yards. Only 4 are in the playoffs. And three of those 4, have a top 10 defense in yards and points given up.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Only Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Kirk Cousins, and Russell Wilson made the playoffs.

Athos

Legend
Well Fisher just said Keenum going into offseason as starting qb

Oh happy down. We'll have mediocrity holding down the fort. Keenum is fine if we go 1st round QB, but who here HONESTLY believes in Snisher's ability to identity offensive talent at the QB position or the WR position or the TE position? I sure as hell don't. Nothing convinces me they know anything of the positions, which is strange is Snead was apart of the Julio trade, unless Fisher has Snead's balls in his hands as far as picks. go.

"Pssst, Les! We're going DE, brother. Those QBs couldn't grow a stache."

I don't agree with Bernie. IMO, the receivers are as much to blame for this offense as the QB is. I'm not sure Aaron Rogers would have much success with this group.

Tired of this thought. Our group of skill players, sans Cobb, would be a DREAM for Rodgers right now. I guarantee he'd trade Lacy for Gurley, Jones for Britt, and Austin for whoever and they'd excel like crazy.

Britt was open MANY TIMES on deep balls and Foles god awful QB-ing completely missed him or didn't even see him. Same for a few times Tavon got open deep.

Britt should have had a TD yesterday if Keenum hits him in stride. Britt should have ended with at least 800 yards and 6-8 TDs. But. League worst passing attack for a reason.

Keenum missed an open Cook (several times), Marquez, Austin, and Britt several times yesterday.

Our QB-ing is bad and until it is league average, we have no idea how good these guys can be and I'm as critical of them as anyone in saying they can be upgraded.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fseason-as-starter-rams-will-explore-options/

Case Keenum heads into offseason as starter, Rams will explore options
Posted by Josh Alper on January 4, 2016

503292210-e1451951430622.jpg
Getty Images

It’s too early to be naming starting quarterbacks for the 2016 season, but Case Keenum should feel pretty good about what he heard from Rams coach Jeff Fisher on Monday.

Fisher said, via Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com, that Keenum will head into the offseason as the team’s starter after replacing Nick Foles in that role during the regular season. Keenum is on track to be a restricted free agent, so the team will presumably be tendering him a contract if they aren’t able to agree on a deal before the deadline.

As for Foles, Fisher said the plan is to give him a chance to compete for the job but that the team will also take a look at outside options at the position once the offseason gets going. Foles is due a $6 million roster bonus in March and is set to make $1.75 million in base salary as part of the extension he signed with the Rams after being acquired in a trade forSam Bradford. That’s a deal the Rams may regret now that they’ve seen Foles in action, but it isn’t one they can get out of without a big cap hit.

Whoever winds up under center and wherever the Rams are playing come September, the team needs to get more out of their passing offense than they have during the last three seasons. The Rams were last in the league in passing yards this year and their No. 18 ranking in 2012 is their best ranking since Fisher has been on the sideline.

Keenum... Starter in 2016..?

This is the only time on Ramsondemand I've wanted a UNLIKE button