My idea of our ideal '16 scenario...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
2016 ideal dream would be the Rams make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game to build for the future. Given what I've seen so far this year, the following needs to improve regardless of who's coaching:

1 - Offense. We are set at RB but the other positions at QB, O-Line and WRs needs to make huge improvements (only stating the obvious.) Not sure bringing in a new OC will help, but Cignetti's play calling has to improve. I'll give him a pass for '15 because he is still learning how to call a game, etc. (I bet Shotty gave him little creative input in the past.) I think his play calling gets better once the offense starts to perform with consistency.

2 - New MLB. I love JL, but he can't hold the middle, even with Donald/Brockers/Fairley plugging the gaps. Ayers is okay, but he has not been consistent. Maybe another year under GW's defense will help. Can't wait for Ogletree to get back into the line-up in '16.

3 - DE depth. We're finding that Long can't play an entire season and recent injuries to Quinn has hurt our DE play. Need to get another pass rusher to add to the mix.

4 - Secondary. Hoping Gaines returns to full-strength, we re-sign Jenkins (for sure) and Tru (if price is right.)

5 - Add quality depth in as many positions as possible. I know it's hard to do. Hoping some of the young back-ups develop into some quality players between now and the next season.

fearsomefour

Legend
Gotta disagree, fearsome.

Any HC candidate that was scared off by an apparent lack of a current starting QB would be undeserving of consideration in the first damned place. As to prospects of one, we have a high 1st rounder, don't we? And two very high 2nds to either use as a QB pick or in a trade up in the 1st?

And I didn't say retaining GW was a deal breaker IF the HC candidate was sufficiently impressive. But let me turn the tables on you. What kind of HC candidate wouldn't at least CONSIDER retaining a DC like GW?
Probably quite a few. Many have their own take on D, they have their scheme they want to run and thats it.
The last thing (nearly) I want is a freaking rookie QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Keep dreaming, back to reality.
giphy.gif

FrankenRam

Starter
If we hire a new HC, he needs to be an offensive guy. Then we can keep GW and the defense won't skip a beat. I agree about keeping Snead, he's done a good job for the most part.

The chances of keeping GW if Fisher is fired are the proverbial slim & none. It's highly unlikely a new HC won't want to hire his own coordinators.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
- Good health, no (or at least minimal) injuries to starters or critical role players.
- In line with the above, continuity across the OL for a full season.
- An OC with more imagination, and a HC that lets him realize that.
- The same D we had earlier in the season when all our guys were healthy.