Must Watch Game of Keenum; We Got Something

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think he's a savior, by any means, but compared to Davis, he has more experience, processes faster, and his arm is quite a bit stronger.
I'm not sure his arm is actually stronger but I agree on the rest. I also think his footwork and mechanics is much better especially when having to throw off his back foot. And he may need that all too often.

No - not a savior but someone who makes enough plays to make a stark difference. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:Let's hope I'm right - eh?

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Just watched some of the coach's tape on this game and here are a few thoughts:

Keenum will not have the same kind of o line protection.

On plays where he was rushed, there were a lot of hurried incompletions.

Texans had a failed 4th and 1 conversion in the game which Keenum couldn't convert. Going to miss 6'6" Nick Foles in those situations.

Andre Johnson ran some great routes and good catches which made Keenum look better. Wonder what it's like to have a #1 WR...

Forgot what Luck looked like when he's good.

Honestly, I'm expecting a lot of 3 and outs this Sunday. D needs a HUGE game for us to have a chance in Baltimore.

Either way, Go Rams

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"I just hope we can complete a pass..."
th

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I would just say that I hope guys excercise a little caution by not expecting too much out of Keenum, especially early on...Having said that many times a change in and of itself is a good thing...Until he gets figured out by defenses I think he has a chance to do some good things...I don't happen to hold him in quite as high esteem as some, but that certainly doesn't mean I can't be wrong by about 180 degrees...it happens almost daily with me...Go Case, Go Rams... Go Mikey; be wrong AGAIN !!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well, against all evidence of the last four years, and totally against my better judgement.......

I'm quietly very excited to see Keenum play. I thought they should have given him a game during the Davis/Hill dumpster fire extravaganza. And I certainly wasn't alone, I think everyone wondered why he didn't play.

Now, Jeff Fisher, don't handcuff the poor bastard with your tippy toe, God I'm scared, offensive mentality. Let's the boy play. And for God's sake OL just get in front of someone without holding, tripping, blindsiding, false starting, or getting laid out.

Big Game

Living The Dream
To be honest i'm not expecting Case to light it on fire this Sunday or the rest of the way. But I do believe he may be the "spark" as Jeff Fisher said we need.

Think about it the entire time Foles has been QB he really only excelled when running the no huddle out the shotgun or having max protection.

Case on the other hand is a pocket QB that is use to going under center and then has the legs to make a play when things go wrong with his feet. Like many have posted he is much like Davis with possibly a stronger arm.

That being said he will benefit from having a strong run game in Gurley and also Austin having a good year. Like others mentioned I think Brian Quick has finally got back to forum. Against Chicago he got open a lot and was just missed with bad throws by Foles.

So with the Ravens not playing the best ball i do expect the Rams to come out and win and put up decent numbers. I also expect to see Wes Welker be a difference maker in this game as well. He was used quite a bit for his first game.

As far as the rest of the way the Rams just need to take it one game at a time. Right now even if they where to some how get to 10 wins it still may be hard to make the playoffs. I still want them to try but no matter what i would just love to see this team get at least 8 wins this season.

Big Game

Living The Dream
To be honest i'm not expecting Case to light it on fire this Sunday or the rest of the way. But I do believe he may be the "spark" as Jeff Fisher said we need.

Think about it the entire time Foles has been QB he really only excelled when running the no huddle out the shotgun or having max protection.

Case on the other hand is a pocket QB that is use to going under center and then has the legs to make a play when things go wrong with his feet. Like many have posted he is much like Davis with possibly a stronger arm.

That being said he will benefit from having a strong run game in Gurley and also Austin having a good year. Like others mentioned I think Brian Quick has finally got back to forum. Against Chicago he got open a lot and was just missed with bad throws by Foles.

So with the Ravens not playing the best ball i do expect the Rams to come out and win and put up decent numbers. I also expect to see Wes Welker be a difference maker in this game as well. He was used quite a bit for his first game.

As far as the rest of the way the Rams just need to take it one game at a time. Right now even if they where to some how get to 10 wins it still may be hard to make the playoffs. I still want them to try but no matter what i would just love to see this team get at least 8 wins this season.

jap

Legend
All we need is someone to keep defenses honest so they don't load up on the Gurley Express! excessively. I would like to believe we have enough receiving talent to hurt teams who key too much on TGII and Tavon.

Outside of isolated highlight videos I haven't seen too much of Case; so this weekend should be a revelation for me.

nighttrain

Legend
Well, against all evidence of the last four years, and totally against my better judgement.......

I'm quietly very excited to see Keenum play. I thought they should have given him a game during the Davis/Hill dumpster fire extravaganza. And I certainly wasn't alone, I think everyone wondered why he didn't play.

Now, Jeff Fisher, don't handcuff the poor bastard with your tippy toe, God I'm scared, offensive mentality. Let's the boy play. And for God's sake OL just get in front of someone without holding, tripping, blindsiding, false starting, or getting laid out.
Sums it all up nicely!
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think this time around its completely different now for a couple reasons.. 1.. Gurley when the defense start trying to take away the passing game Gurley is going to go off. 2 Austin, he is always a major threat now and not to mention Keenum can run, those fake jet sweeps just got a lot more dangerous, when you have 3 guys that can get the ball on the same play.. I think this is the perfect scenario for Keenum and I don't expect a drop off in play he is going to make defense respect our pass game and that's just gonna open it up more for Gurley

When it comes to the Rams offense I have thrown out that type of logic simply due to my expectations being trampled so many times. So I hope you're right.

Where I'm at right now is I suspect we have overvalued our WR and TE talent. I suspect our OC might not be good enough to do the job and that our HC might be adversely affecting the offense with his conservative bent. The only thing I do think is for real with our offense is Gurley, so my fear is defenses just have to stop him and of course with a spotty OL that is plugging and chugging rooks all over there's a good chance most will be able to do that.

I really don't like being negative as I find myself being right now, but I do appreciate the positive posts and again hope you're right and that this is the start of something good. We'll see.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Like many others, I find myself cautiously optimistic about the Keenum promotion.

For one thing, I expect Quick, Britt, and Welker to now be rewarded when they break open. Maybe Cook and Kendricks, too.

If I'm right and this starts to happen, it changes our O dynamics in a very big way.

It will force D's to defend both the run and the pass and the whole field. Something that's been missing since the Cards game, it seems.

He doesn't have to be Tom Brady. Just good enough to give us a balanced attack threat. Then Gurley can once again do his thing. And our D can get an occasional breather. Maybe we'll actually see 25+ point games again.

BTW, this QB change will be a test for Cigs and Fisher. Will they let Keenum play? Especially if he establishes a rhythm with a few receivers? We'll see...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am not sure how anyone can compare arm strength between Davis and Keenum. It really doesn;t look close to me, with Case having a clearly stronger arm. The ball just comes out harder/faster than with either Foles OR Davis. Not saying he will light it up either, just that he has a "livelier" arm.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I just hope that nobody gets too excited and thinks we have our QB of the future if Keenum lights it up. I remember what a lot of us, including myself, thought of Austin Davis his first few games. We really just need him to be efficient and not make mistakes and just convert third downs and take what the defense gives him, and if that happens, we will do well. We don't need him to be our QB of the future.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I want to see Keenum in the victory formation at the end of the game. How he gets there doesn't really matter to me anymore. I'm just so sick of losing...:palm: :deadhorse:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As long as Keenum makes the plays the D is giving him and doesnt fumble handing the ball to Gurley, things should take care of themselves. IMO Foles was just pushing to hard and compounding his mistakes, missed open WRs, bad over throws, and late throws. The Rams dont need a top tier QB, they just need one that will make the plays that are there to make between hand offs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

For the moment keenam gives me hope. Hope the Rams can get something going. Until he proves otherwise the hope will be there.

I wasn't gonna watch the game this week if Foles was still in there. The last two games have scarred me in a bad way.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

For the moment keenam gives me hope. Hope the Rams can get something going. Until he proves otherwise the hope will be there.

I wasn't gonna watch the game this week if Foles was still in there. The last two games have scarred me in a bad way.

I will be watching it from the club level at the Big Crabcake. I hope Keenum does us proud....

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This will be the first Rams game I have missed in yrs. I will be traveling to my In-laws on Sunday and won't be near a TV. Will have to listen on Sirius