Must Be A Big Secret...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I've tried tweeting Jim Thomas, Nick Wagoner, and Shane Gray...I tweeted a question to the Fast Lane to ask Les Snead (which they didn't)...

I'm really interested to know what pick we got for Josh Gordy...either everyone is disinterested, have forgotten about it and think I'm crazy, or it's a secret!:heh:

Seriously though...WTF!

Alan

Legend
I'm not sure they've made that determination yet. Probably won't happen until after the SB is over because it's based on how well they've performed and that could include the post season. I'm not sure about the post season part though. It would explain the lack of response.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure they've made that determination yet. Probably won't happen until after the SB is over because it's based on how well they've performed and that could include the post season. I'm not sure about the post season part though. It would explain the lack of response.
Where did you get this information?

I've never seen this reported anywhere...only speculation on message boards such as this.

What was reported, if memory serves me, is that it was an undisclosed pick...not a conditional pick.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Shane Gray just tweeted me back, said he'd look into it.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Keep us posted? Shane is a good guy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I've heard it will be a 7th rounder, but really have no idea.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
From where?

Just from a few mock drafts around the net, nothing reliable in the least bit, but they seemed to think we were getting a 7th. Like i said, no idea really lol.

Alan

Legend
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-acquire-josh-gordy-trade-rams-fans-reaction-051200128--nfl.html
The Indianapolis Colts haven't and won't stop tweaking their roster. This is something fans should get used to this season. Players who are on the roster one day could be replaced with another who is a better player or better fit for the team. On August 21, Indianapolis traded a conditional 2014 draft pick to the St. Louis Rams for cornerback Josh Gordy.

Josh Gordy is a 25 year old cornerback who started in 2011 for the St. Louis Rams. He was fighting for a job in training camp this year after St. Louis upgraded by bringing in Cortland Finnegan and drafting Jenoris Jenkins. Gordy has decent size for a cornerback and two years of experience in the league. In 2011, Gordy had three interceptions on the season.

This move shows that the Indianapolis coaches are not comfortable with the current players on the roster at cornerback. The team had ten players in training camp competing for a job at the position and none have really stood out through two games so far. Justin King has currently been playing as the starter opposite Jerraud Powers and even King shouldn't be assured of his job. I think Gordy stands a very good chance to make the roster and contribute to the team in 2012. Unless something unexpected happens, he could immediately elevate himself to the top of the group.

What has me really excited as a fan is not the addition of Gordy. The bigger sign for me is the impressive job being done by general manager Ryan Grigson. I've seen great things written about Grigson by almost every media member that has attended training camp this season. What impresses me is that he seems to never stop working to improve the roster. Even if it means trading a future late round pick, Grigson looks under every rock to try and find a single player who can potentially improve the team. Grigson has even found several players from the AFL or indoor league that have looked very good in training camp and may make the roster. This trade shows that Ryan Grigson is very devoted to the job of turning the Indianapolis Colts into a winner again.

Kyle Rapoza is a Featured Contributor for the Yahoo! Contributor Network and has been a lifelong fan of the Indianapolis Colts. He attended Super Bowl XLIV in Miami and follows the team closely. Follow him on Twitter @kyler11.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did the rams trade it away last Draft? Or was that the pick they got for Salas from the Patriots?

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU still unsure:
But we still don't know what the condition is.
I'm not gonna bet the farm on it but I've never heard of a condional pick that wasn't based on the performance the player. Sometimes that even includes stuff like, did he make the PB and other similar metrics.

Here's an example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft
  • Kansas City → San Francisco (PD). Kansas City traded a conditional 2014 third-round selection along with a 2013 second-round selection to San Francisco in exchange for quarterback Alex Smith; the selection was later upgraded to a second-rounder after a condition was met in which Kansas City won a minimum of eight games during the 2013 season.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not gonna bet the farm on it but I've never heard of a condional pick that wasn't based on the performance the player. Sometimes that even includes stuff like, did he make the PB and other similar metrics.

Here's an example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft
  • Kansas City → San Francisco (PD). Kansas City traded a conditional 2014 third-round selection along with a 2013 second-round selection to San Francisco in exchange for quarterback Alex Smith; the selection was later upgraded to a second-rounder after a condition was met in which Kansas City won a minimum of eight games during the 2013 season.
Well yeah, obviously...however, Demoff did say that fans are going to be happy about what we got for Gordy. To me, that sounds like more than 6th or 7th round pick.

The conditions could be a lot of things...performance based, playing time, etc...

Alan

Legend
Sounds good! I'm anxious to hear what Shane comes up with.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hey Alan...the more research I've done the more I think that article you posted has jumped the gun on the pick being conditional.

Every other article I see simply call it undisclosed rather than conditional...obviously, undisclosed doesn't mean it can't be unconditional...but then I found this that is starting to make me think perhaps it isn't conditional.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU with breaking news:
Hey Alan...the more research I've done the more I think that article you posted has jumped the gun on the pick being conditional.

Every other article I see simply call it undisclosed rather than conditional...obviously, undisclosed doesn't mean it can't be unconditional...but then I found this that is starting to make me think perhaps it isn't conditional.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm
LOL!

All I did was google "Josh Gordy trade conditional" and it was the first one.

However, I hadn't read that article before and yet my memory says it was conditional. Of course we all know my memory sucks so...

On the other hand, if it wasn't conditional why the mystery? I'm pretty sure it wasn't set in stone at the time.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
LOL!

All I did was google "Josh Gordy trade conditional" and it was the first one.

However, I hadn't read that article before and yet my memory says it was conditional. Of course we all know my memory sucks so...

On the other hand, if it wasn't conditional why the mystery? I'm pretty sure it wasn't set in stone at the time.

Right, I know! This mystery is like trying to break into Fort Knox.