Most Underrated 2024 Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Going into this season… who is our most underrated player?

PFF says Ernest Jones.

LOS ANGELES RAMS: LB ERNEST JONES

Naturally, Aaron Donald received all the attention on the Rams' defense over the past decade. His retirement means Jones should get more recognition, especially if he continues to play like he did in his third season. He finished the 2023 campaign with an 86.2 PFF overall grade, which ranked 13th at the position. He was also one of just three linebackers to earn run-defense and pass-rush grades above 80.0.

View: https://x.com/pff/status/1791634810173063214?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't know if Ernest Jones is the most underrated Rams player going into 2024. What I'm happy about is they let Wagner walk and didn't miss him a bit. Clearly, they believed EJ was going to be just fine as the big man in the middle. The fact he was fine (or better, or underrated) is encouraging because we lose guys every year; guys we think we are going to miss and can't replace; yet these guys just keep finding their replacements or at least they find guys who can lessen the loss. I read an article soon after AD retired that said (paraphrasing), "everybody is saying 'the Rams have to find somebody to replace Aaron Donald', but they drafted Kobie Turner to do that". The most underrated Rams player going into the 2024 season? Ernest Jones? Kobie Turner? Bobby Brown? Byron Young? How about Alaric Jackson? All the talk about our OL has centered on the IOL and the retention of Dotson, signing Jackson and moving Avila to center. AJ was tendered a lousy 4.9 mil and there was much talk about getting a LT in the draft.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m voting for Davis Allen
I was impressed all year, starting with preseason. He’s got great hands and he’s tough in traffic—exactly what I saw in his college highlights. He just needs more opportunities; and now, with Higbee out, I don’t see why he wouldn’t get them.

He’s got a great chance to be yet another and the ultimate sleeper from the 2023 draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1716056323644.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Braden Fiske.
I think his value is being low balled because a lot of armchair GM's out there didn't like the trade values. He's no AD, but he could be really good and will have a chemistry day one with his guy Jared Verse,

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I’m going to go out on a limb and nominate Derion Kendrick.

With White coming off a major injury, Williams getting older and Durant looking more of a nickel back, I am betting on Kendrick putting last year’s boneheaded penalties behind him (let’s not forget that it was only his second season in the NFL) and establishing himself as the number two cornerback on the roster in 2024.

Draft CB1 next April and we’re sorted.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

With White coming off a major injury, Williams getting older and Durant looking more of a nickel back, I am betting on Kendrick putting last year’s boneheaded penalties behind him (let’s not forget that it was only his second season in the NFL) and establishing himself as the number two cornerback on the roster in 2024.

He was my 2nd choice after Allen, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

He has taken a lotta heat on this forum, and most of it completely justified, IMO; but his positive contributions put him squarely in the conversation to start opening day. Who knows when/if White returns to a level that improves upon what the Rams will have in Kendrick?

Year 3 after nearly a full season of starts under his belt? The light has to go on at some point, right?
Let’s hope he has better self control this year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Life would be very boring if everyone agreed all the time.
Funny thing about Derion Kendrick. In his first year, I could not understand why the Rams kept him, because IMO, he couldn't cover a bed.

Last year I did see some improvement, but just when I was about to compliment him, he would make a bad play or commit a bonehead penalty.

In his 3rd year, my hope is, he can figure it out, otherwise, I am willing to give someone like Cameron McCutcheon or Cam Lampkin an opportunity.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Funny thing about Derion Kendrick. In his first year, I could not understand why the Rams kept him, because IMO, he couldn't cover a bed.

Last year I did see some improvement, but just when I was about to compliment him, he would make a bad play or commit a bonehead penalty.

In his 3rd year, my hope is, he can figure it out, otherwise, I am willing to give someone like Cameron McCutcheon or Cam Lampkin an opportunity.
Imagine an entire defensive backfield of Cams!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

He was one of the few corners we had that were anywhere near the WRs last season. Unfortunately, he was draped all over them for a penalty most of the time, but he's very sticky in coverage.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I be putting chips onto Colby Parkinson, TE, stolen from Seattle.....
At 6'7" and 251lbs - he brings the lumber.
Plus the Rams must see something, worth $22M.... :woozy2:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Matt Stafford. Way too many pundits still don't realize that a healthy Stafford with a solid supporting class is as good as any top 5 QB not named Mahomes.

20hrswk

UDFA
I agree with the media underrating Stafford, but just to add another name who has not been mentioned - Darious Williams.

If he can play anywhere near his Ram's years and last year . . . what a player that few know about.

Remember the 2 picks against the Seahawks?

If not, they start around the 2:15 mark:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JCPTmSY8mI

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to see Kamren Kitchens being in the talk for Defensive Rookie Of The Year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd go with Ernest Jones. He's not great at any one thing but he's consistently good at several things. Jack of all trades kinda guy.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He was my 2nd choice after Allen, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

He has taken a lotta heat on this forum, and most of it completely justified, IMO; but his positive contributions put him squarely in the conversation to start opening day. Who knows when/if White returns to a level that improves upon what the Rams will have in Kendrick?

Year 3 after nearly a full season of starts under his belt? The light has to go on at some point, right?
Let’s hope he has better self control this year.
It's not the light that has to go on. It is the up tick in physical ability he needs. He is slow and gets beat. That is when the penalties happen.