Most Scary Player in Rams History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
@bnw .....can you explain how you can have a different opinion about they way I felt in 2006 regarding my fear of Marc Bulger making a tackle?

thanks in advance.
Yes, it is my opinion that your fear of Bulger was unwarranted considering:
a. the likelihood of Bulger or any other QB having to make a tackle.
b. Bulger's skinny legs being an injury risk considering all the punishment he took with his broken ribs and shoulder.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Az-Zahir Hakim

I've always said that Az is the only player that would get the ball and BOTH sidelines would hold their breath.

How about watching Craig Dahl try to tackle.....

He was a terrible tackler, just AWFUL, because he was always trying to hit someone and smash them. He was so bad..........there should be a highlight reel somewhere.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Woody Strode scares me

image.jpeg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always said that Az is the only player that would get the ball and BOTH sidelines would hold their breath.

He was a terrible tackler, just AWFUL, because he was always trying to hit someone and smash them. He was so bad..........there should be a highlight reel somewhere.

I'll never forgive Dahl for letting himself get cut from the Niners. Dude had a survival instinct like few that I have known. I would derive so much pleasure when the Niners had a great a defense, and I would tease Niner fans after Borland retired after one year and Willis too.."Looks like Craig Dahl is #1 on the depth chart"...

They were so glad when Dahl was cut, just so that I couldn't troll them anymore...lol

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
When I think of SCARY I only think of one thing Defense, and #1 can only be My Main Man Deacon Jones!!
View attachment 20356
But there are a Bunch Tied at #2
* Night-Train Lane
View attachment 20357

* Jack YoungBlood
View attachment 20358

* Merlin Olsen
View attachment 20359

* Aaron Donald to name just a Few!!
View attachment 20360

Right away it was Deacon. Night-Train Lane was a nightmare for WRs and RBs. He was before most every ones time.

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d81118473/Top-10-Most-Feared-Tacklers-Dick-Night-Train-Lane

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I thought this was a rhetorical question, being that the creator of the head slap, true career sack leader, and initial reason for sideline physicians, was the instinctual answer, but I like the ironic twist that includes players we rams fans feared would muck it up in the crucial moment.

For me, I don't have to go back that far, and not meaning to pile on, but grob and L Phillips kept me uneasy because they had more natural ability at their positions than most but they kept making critical mental mistakes at the worst times. And with Phillips, his off field bs just made it that more sad.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
think it was a Monday night game against Indy.... Rams were winning until Bulger threw an INT and then tried to stop the runner with his shoulder,,,, in comes Jamie Martin and there goes the game.. Rams scored 8 after halftime and Colts scored 21 or something like that
I recall the guys in the booth saying it was a legal hit, Bulger being completely blindsided and knocked out of the game. It may have been legal, but, from a Rams fan point of view, it was brutal and a chickenbleep move.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought this was a rhetorical question, being that the creator of the head slap, true career sack leader, and initial reason for sideline physicians, was the instinctual answer, but I like the ironic twist that includes players we rams fans feared would muck it up in the crucial moment.

For me, I don't have to go back that far, and not meaning to pile on, but grob and L Phillips kept me uneasy because they had more natural ability at their positions than most but they kept making critical mental mistakes at the worst times. And with Phillips, his off field bs just made it that more sad.
It was funny that I watched the first 6 games of the 1999 season and there was Lawrence Phillips in a 49er uniform! I felt really good watching him on a team that I didn't care about...lol

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This is surely the #1..

BvMDx2DIMAAEmJ_.jpg

Look at that face!! I was never sure if he was going to make a mess in his pants or not with that throwing face... scary

jap

Legend
I recall the guys in the booth saying it was a legal hit, Bulger being completely blindsided and knocked out of the game. It may have been legal, but, from a Rams fan point of view, it was brutal and a chickenbleep move.

Marc was killing the Colts that day, and they knew their only chance for victory was to take him out. The INT provided a perfect opportunity to whale on a blindsided QB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you are looking for scary, because you never knew what was going to happen when he has the Ball!?! TAVON AUSTIN!
Mainly on KR's / PR's!! For two reasons:

1) On KR's and PR's, I hate it when he " Wiggles from side-to-side" before he decides to head Up-field!

2) You never know, when he has a big Long return, for BIG yardage and/or a TD IF some Fool Playing in our secondary, is going to clip someone and nullify the Play!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
When you talk about turning a good thing into a bad - you have to think about Cleveland Gary. The guy would run into the open field, then fumble.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Not going to lie the strip sack on Goff versus the Saints where he faceplanted scared me to all hell. I don't think I have disliked a QB more than Keenum so first off, I didn't want him in the game and secondly, Goff has so much spent on him he can't go down with an injury. I mean he can...but I might lose my shit.