More Locker Room Material

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dickerson on Adrian Peterson: 'I don't want him to break my record'

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider and Super Douchebag
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike- ... -my-record

[cbs2][/cbs2]

Eric Dickerson holds what I consider to be the greatest individual achievement in NFL history: the single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards. The brutality Dickerson's body endured (especially as he got close to the mark) and the sheer yardage number itself is just remarkable. The record was set in 1984 and only two players have truly come close.

One of those players is Adrian Peterson of the Vikings. He has 1,600 yards through 13 games and said recently that Dickerson should be nervous.

"I'm not nervous," Dickerson said, laughing.

In his first public comments since Peterson got close to his mark and said Dickerson should be nervous, Dickerson made one thing clear: He has great respect for Peterson but doesn't think Peterson will break his mark.

"Adrian is a class guy," Dickerson said. "I don't watch football any more. I don't watch sports. I just see the highlights. I see his highlights and he's a great player. I don't want him to break my record, but I wish him the best."

Then Dickerson was more blunt.

"I don't want him to break it," Dickerson said. "I'll be honest. I don't want to see it. If anyone ever broke it, and if my son played football, I'd want my son to break it. But that's it. No one else.

"Again, he's a phenomenal player and seems like a good dude. If a player was to break it, I'd probably want it to be Adrian, but I like having the record. I don't think it's going to be broken."

Then Dickerson made perhaps his best point when he said these final three games for Peterson will be the toughest of his run at the record. That's because no team is going to want to watch, or be a part of, Peterson making history. Each game, Dickerson said, will get exponentially tougher for Peterson.

"As I got close to the record, teams got nastier and nastier," Dickerson said. "In one of my final games against Houston, they started saying and doing some things I didn't like, so I took it out on them.

"Defenses are going to say, 'This guy isn't setting the record against me.' They will be mad and do whatever it takes to stop him."

Dickerson added: "What he will see is that to set a mark like that, everything has to be perfect. The offensive line play has to be perfect. You can't fall behind badly. You can't get hurt. You can't have your players get hurt. You can't catch the defense on a day when they're playing perfect. Weather conditions have to be OK. Everything has to be perfect."

And that, in a nutshell, is why the record has stood. Peterson has to be incredibly good and incredibly lucky. He's got the former part down. Whether he breaks the mark depends on the latter.

"Hey," Dickerson said, "he's got a chance. He's close and any time you're close, you've got a chance. But we'll really see what he's made of now."

Peterson needs to average about 169 yards in his final three games against St. Louis, Houston and Green Bay. He's been averaging about 158 yards in his last seven games.

[hil]He can get that average against the sorry Rams[/hil], but the Texans and Packers are different. Houston might still be fighting for the No. 1 seed and I don't see a prideful Green Bay team ever allowing Peterson to set the record against them.

This is why I think Dickerson's record is safe.

The only running back in history better than Dickerson is Jim Brown. Maybe O.J. Simpson is in the mix for No. 2 behind Brown, but that's it. Dickerson was that good. Dickerson was that great.

And his record is probably safe.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Dickerson on Adrian Peterson: 'I don't want him to break my record'

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider and [hil]Super Douchebag[/hil]
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike- ... -my-record

[cbs2][/cbs2]

Eric Dickerson holds what I consider to be the greatest individual achievement in NFL history: the single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards. The brutality Dickerson's body endured (especially as he got close to the mark) and the sheer yardage number itself is just remarkable. The record was set in 1984 and only two players have truly come close.

One of those players is Adrian Peterson of the Vikings. He has 1,600 yards through 13 games and said recently that Dickerson should be nervous.

"I'm not nervous," Dickerson said, laughing.

In his first public comments since Peterson got close to his mark and said Dickerson should be nervous, Dickerson made one thing clear: He has great respect for Peterson but doesn't think Peterson will break his mark.

"Adrian is a class guy," Dickerson said. "I don't watch football any more. I don't watch sports. I just see the highlights. I see his highlights and he's a great player. I don't want him to break my record, but I wish him the best."

Then Dickerson was more blunt.

"I don't want him to break it," Dickerson said. "I'll be honest. I don't want to see it. If anyone ever broke it, and if my son played football, I'd want my son to break it. But that's it. No one else.

"Again, he's a phenomenal player and seems like a good dude. If a player was to break it, I'd probably want it to be Adrian, but I like having the record. I don't think it's going to be broken."

Then Dickerson made perhaps his best point when he said these final three games for Peterson will be the toughest of his run at the record. That's because no team is going to want to watch, or be a part of, Peterson making history. Each game, Dickerson said, will get exponentially tougher for Peterson.

"As I got close to the record, teams got nastier and nastier," Dickerson said. "In one of my final games against Houston, they started saying and doing some things I didn't like, so I took it out on them.

"Defenses are going to say, 'This guy isn't setting the record against me.' They will be mad and do whatever it takes to stop him."

Dickerson added: "What he will see is that to set a mark like that, everything has to be perfect. The offensive line play has to be perfect. You can't fall behind badly. You can't get hurt. You can't have your players get hurt. You can't catch the defense on a day when they're playing perfect. Weather conditions have to be OK. Everything has to be perfect."

And that, in a nutshell, is why the record has stood. Peterson has to be incredibly good and incredibly lucky. He's got the former part down. Whether he breaks the mark depends on the latter.

"Hey," Dickerson said, "he's got a chance. He's close and any time you're close, you've got a chance. But we'll really see what he's made of now."

Peterson needs to average about 169 yards in his final three games against St. Louis, Houston and Green Bay. He's been averaging about 158 yards in his last seven games.

[hil]He can get that average against the sorry Rams[/hil], but the Texans and Packers are different. Houston might still be fighting for the No. 1 seed and I don't see a prideful Green Bay team ever allowing Peterson to set the record against them.

This is why I think Dickerson's record is safe.

The only running back in history better than Dickerson is Jim Brown. Maybe O.J. Simpson is in the mix for No. 2 behind Brown, but that's it. Dickerson was that good. Dickerson was that great.

And his record is probably safe.
LOL and WTF. Freeman doesn't know the Rams D very well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does Super Douchbag have access to the internet or any other stat sheets? Apparently he, like ED, doesn't watch sports either. He just sees highlights of AP on Sports Center and starts writing. Yeah - that may be better bulletin board material than what AP said.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow!

Mike Freeman has no credibility after that statement. None.

I'm a Rams fan and should be pissed, but I'm not because that dude obviously doesn't know 2012 football.

I can't believe the editor published that!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And I'll add this...

Rams; shut Adrian Petersons mouth... NOW!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I tweeted at the dumbass and this is how he responded...

RT @vogt_nick: @realfreemancbs Those "sorry Rams" have shut down Frank Gore and CJ Spiller in recent weeks>>and are still sorry

Sum1

Hall of Fame
...oh, this is how much credibility this guys has...

In January 2004, Freeman resigned before starting a columnist job at The Indianapolis Star after he was discovered lying about his education, specifically falsely claiming a college degree.
-wikipedia page

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sum1BTRthnU said:

RT @vogt_nick: @realfreemancbs Those "sorry Rams" have shut down Frank Gore and CJ Spiller in recent weeks>>and are still sorry

Hahahahahaa what a lame response.

Who's Mike Freeman?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Oh baby, is there a way we can make sure that gets to the locker room? Please let the Rams D see this! Where did that guy buy his GED anyways?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Hahahahahaa what a lame response.

Who's Mike Freeman?

He's just saying that because he doesn't want to admit that he's an uninformed buffoon that didn't do his research.

With that said, that has to be one of the lamest responses I've ever seen in my life.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:
Oh baby, is there a way we can make sure that gets to the locker room? Please let the Rams D see this! Where did that guy buy his GED anyways?
I tweeted the story to Brockers, Langford, Quinn and Dunbar

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Ramhusker said:
I tweeted the story to Brockers, Langford, Quinn and Dunbar
Awesome! I hope they read that and get pissed off

Sum1

Hall of Fame
@realfreemancbs @allnewcharlie Mr. Freeman, your football acumen is about as legit as your early claims of a degree.

...this one yielded no response, in fact, he blocked me.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sum1BTRthnU said:
@realfreemancbs @allnewcharlie Mr. Freeman, your football acumen is about as legit as your early claims of a degree.

Fascinating .... LOL

This guy's a putz.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Someone needs to punch this DBag in the throat. Time to issue my first "tweet".....

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Lmao!!...F'ing awesome, man!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Faceplant said:
Someone needs to punch this DBag in the throat. Time to issue my first "tweet".....

Username, time to work your magic. :box: