Mocking on a Saturday afternoon....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Let's get started....with what we know....and this is all mine...

TRADE
I'm getting Trumaine Johnson and his contract outta here! Who takes him? Give me a McVay type player or pick....a vet....we settle for Tru to whoever....and our 5th (149) in 2017 for a 4th (108)....hell....anyone...but I'll say for these purposes.....Cleveland.....reunite this man with his old DC....
With that
2nd 37
Jarrad Davis-ILB

Yep.....wide receiver this....tight end that....Let's get a tone setter. A high character guy...Straight outta....wherever....You guys want his highlight vid? You wanna see him play? Ask in the comments. BPA here...with a need....We end all this Barron at ILB talk...Right now...and put this guy in there with Tree.

3rd-69
Kevin King-CB

Hey, I can dream right? I don't know if he falls....Hell, he could go round 1....but this is MY MOCK!!! MINE! ALL MINE!!! Oops...King had 22 pbu's...that's pass break ups...22..in ONE season....

4th-101 (via trade for Tru)
Ahkello Witherspoon-CB

Still dreaming....maybe....I think this guy has 11 pbu's....or it could be switched...he could have 22...and King 11...oh well....This is becoming a passing league. No matter how proficient your rush, you must have cover corners...we'll worry about the tackling later. I saw both of these guys and I think they are the best in the country at what they do.

4th-112
Jermaine Eluemunor-OT err, Antonio Garcia

Hey, Whitworth isn't playing 6-7 more years like Tom "I'm so perfect, I eat avocado ice-cream" Brady....Geez...I liked him better when he was destroying his phone like a common criminal. So, we gotta draft his replacement. I actually like Garcia here from Troy....in fact....My Mock...MINE!!!! sorry....I really liked this guy on some clips I saw..then watched him at the senior bowl For all you future mockers/scouts, watch the way a small school guy competes at the senior bowl....Fisher had that correct, he just didn't know what he was seeing. It's why I think Zay Jones is pretty special...and why I also like Kupp...Back to Garcia...he plays with an attitude. Learning from one of the best can only help his game.

4th- 141
Jon Toth-OC

I battled with Roullier....I did...He's heavy on the bottom....Nice ankles...Hey, that's how I picked my wife...don't laugh! I said don't laugh Dave! You either old school!!! What, you're laughing at me too, Boni? I thought we were boys???? LOL Chase Roullier is a baller, but his lack of competition scares me...especially in such a physical position...I like linemen from the SEC...Toth is a genius....He's a mechanical engineer....He's a 4 year starter at center...in the SEC....he faced Adams from Auburn, Allen from Bama, and Brantley from Florida....He'll learn from Sullivan and replace him if his back starts acting up...Trust me, backs act up all the time...Oh yeah, I'm also really high on JJ Dielman...I actually think he could start as a rookie if healthy..Smart, team captain type...Two drawbacks in my book, the Lisfranc injury, and he only played center for 1 year...actually 6 or 7 games....then hurt his foot. Yeah...I'd put him through the 3 month MRI...if he didn't go crazy, I'd risk a 4th on him...

This is a Fisher/Snead trait...double dipping....but these are different positions but same group.,..I like doing that as well...

5th -149
BPA WR/S (FS too)

Mack Hollins-WR

I really have a bunch of wr's I'd take here...all are matchup height, speed nightmares....with nice hands. 5th round means they'll probably need refinement of routes. Hollins is a high production type guy with vertical ability up the ying yang( 17 or 18 ypc) . Believe it or not, I noticed him while watching his teammate...a lil slot wr...Switzer or something...He's bad too (that means good)..I think th QB from UNC can turn into something...Serious athlete. Oh well

6th- 189
I want and edge rusher.....Any of those Youngstown State guys....#11....or Bashlam from Ohio.......How do you say his name again? Damn Dell laptop!!!!
Ok.....we back....I knew it was somebody I wanted here...
Dylan Donahue -OLB....W. Georgia.....I also like Ukeme Eligwe- OLB....He was part of a very good FCS defense the last 2 seasons. I think most of this defense transferred down here...Ok, last but not least...Ifeadi Odenigbo....he's a DE outta N.Western...yeah, that school...so, in a stacked defensive draft...I wanna go defense early, late, and often.

7th - 234

David Jones - FS

I like a good small school story....Love one actually.

Hey, I wanted to add somebody Snead looked at closely. Plus, my computer is freezing up...ahahahhahah, LOL!

Comments, critques, and suggestions are always welcome! Too nice, and I'm off to the booty thread!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You completely lost me with the Trumaine trade, Champ. That's completely unacceptable value imo.

I also highly doubt the Barron at ILB talks end. Every move we've made thus far has indicated that Barron is staying at ILB, not moving to safety.

Limey

Rookie
I agree with Jrry on the trade, but I like a lot of the players, and I particularly like getting a development OT. My only gripe apart from the trade is not taking advantage of the deep TE class.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's get started....with what we know....and this is all mine...

TRADE
I'm getting Trumaine Johnson and his contract outta here! Who takes him? Give me a McVay type player or pick....a vet....we settle for Tru to whoever....and our 5th (149) in 2017 for a 4th (108)....hell....anyone...but I'll say for these purposes.....Cleveland.....reunite this man with his old DC....
With that
2nd 37
Jarrad Davis-ILB

Yep.....wide receiver this....tight end that....Let's get a tone setter. A high character guy...Straight outta....wherever....You guys want his highlight vid? You wanna see him play? Ask in the comments. BPA here...with a need....We end all this Barron at ILB talk...Right now...and put this guy in there with Tree.

3rd-69
Kevin King-CB

Hey, I can dream right? I don't know if he falls....Hell, he could go round 1....but this is MY MOCK!!! MINE! ALL MINE!!! Oops...King had 22 pbu's...that's pass break ups...22..in ONE season....

4th-101 (via trade for Tru)
Ahkello Witherspoon-CB

Still dreaming....maybe....I think this guy has 11 pbu's....or it could be switched...he could have 22...and King 11...oh well....This is becoming a passing league. No matter how proficient your rush, you must have cover corners...we'll worry about the tackling later. I saw both of these guys and I think they are the best in the country at what they do.

4th-112
Jermaine Eluemunor-OT err, Antonio Garcia

Hey, Whitworth isn't playing 6-7 more years like Tom "I'm so perfect, I eat avocado ice-cream" Brady....Geez...I liked him better when he was destroying his phone like a common criminal. So, we gotta draft his replacement. I actually like Garcia here from Troy....in fact....My Mock...MINE!!!! sorry....I really liked this guy on some clips I saw..then watched him at the senior bowl For all you future mockers/scouts, watch the way a small school guy competes at the senior bowl....Fisher had that correct, he just didn't know what he was seeing. It's why I think Zay Jones is pretty special...and why I also like Kupp...Back to Garcia...he plays with an attitude. Learning from one of the best can only help his game.

4th- 141
Jon Toth-OC

I battled with Roullier....I did...He's heavy on the bottom....Nice ankles...Hey, that's how I picked my wife...don't laugh! I said don't laugh Dave! You either old school!!! What, you're laughing at me too, Boni? I thought we were boys???? LOL Chase Roullier is a baller, but his lack of competition scares me...especially in such a physical position...I like linemen from the SEC...Toth is a genius....He's a mechanical engineer....He's a 4 year starter at center...in the SEC....he faced Adams from Auburn, Allen from Bama, and Brantley from Florida....He'll learn from Sullivan and replace him if his back starts acting up...Trust me, backs act up all the time...Oh yeah, I'm also really high on JJ Dielman...I actually think he could start as a rookie if healthy..Smart, team captain type...Two drawbacks in my book, the Lisfranc injury, and he only played center for 1 year...actually 6 or 7 games....then hurt his foot. Yeah...I'd put him through the 3 month MRI...if he didn't go crazy, I'd risk a 4th on him...

This is a Fisher/Snead trait...double dipping....but these are different positions but same group.,..I like doing that as well...

5th -149
BPA WR/S (FS too)

Mack Hollins-WR

I really have a bunch of wr's I'd take here...all are matchup height, speed nightmares....with nice hands. 5th round means they'll probably need refinement of routes. Hollins is a high production type guy with vertical ability up the ying yang( 17 or 18 ypc) . Believe it or not, I noticed him while watching his teammate...a lil slot wr...Switzer or something...He's bad too (that means good)..I think th QB from UNC can turn into something...Serious athlete. Oh well

6th- 189
I want and edge rusher.....Any of those Youngstown State guys....#11....or Bashlam from Ohio.......How do you say his name again? Damn Dell laptop!!!!
Ok.....we back....I knew it was somebody I wanted here...
Dylan Donahue -OLB....W. Georgia.....I also like Ukeme Eligwe- OLB....He was part of a very good FCS defense the last 2 seasons. I think most of this defense transferred down here...Ok, last but not least...Ifeadi Odenigbo....he's a DE outta N.Western...yeah, that school...so, in a stacked defensive draft...I wanna go defense early, late, and often.

7th - 234

David Jones - FS

I like a good small school story....Love one actually.

Hey, I wanted to add somebody Snead looked at closely. Plus, my computer is freezing up...ahahahhahah, LOL!

Comments, critques, and suggestions are always welcome! Too nice, and I'm off to the booty thread!
A lot to like here^ BUT!! Why not TJ watt instead of Jarred Davis!?! o_OAnd I don't see us taking two CB's in Back to Back Rounds! BUT, as you said, It's your Draft!(y) I would love it IF we got King in the 3rd, just don't know if he'll be there!!
And do you think WR - Kenny Golladay - Northern Illinois will be there in the 5th, I like him better than Hollins!!

Ram65

Legend
Jarrad Davis-ILB

Lot's of defense early.

Do you draft an ILB this early? Barron's already got a roster bonus of 5 Million.

Interesting mock. I enjoyed reading it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade makes no sense and is the kind of thing that would get a GM fired especially one on a 1 year contract :p And I know you hate the idea of Barron at ILB but the Rams have said that's where he'll play so ILB in the 2nd makes no sense. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can't see this scenario happening :(

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The read was so entertaining I forgot who you picked! Nice job man! :p

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And do you think WR - Kenny Golladay - Northern Illinois will be there in the 5th, I like him better than Hollins!!
I personally think the more I watch Golladay he'll go in the 3rd round. He has some serious talent...I wouldn't mind him. Hollins is more of a deep threat....but I could easily replace him with Golladay and still feel good about the players.

Do you draft an ILB this early? Barron's already got a roster bonus of 5 Million.
Barron's already been paid. I just think we need to get the best out of him. SS/FS is his stated position. I have no problems drafting Davis. That guy is a stud, first round talent that falls into the 2nd. BPA

Lots of you don't like my Tru trade....We're not getting anything for Tru....We may as well dump his salary...It's the only way to make a terrible situation a little better. We don't have ANY players worth $16 million a season not named Aaron Donald....Getting a 4th is gravy...

I see I put Hollins in there....but I already traded that pick....oh well...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...two-rounds-vikings-rams-browns-cowboys-saints

USATSI_9272925_1461885407704_37190615_ver1.0_320_240.jpg