MNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hate the patsies as much as anyone, and it pains me to say this, but I was rooting for them last night. No way under the sun that last play was not PI. The receiver was clearly held and rerouted. Their excuse that it was going to be intercepted even without the hold is totals BS. If the fact that it was "away fromt the play" really mattered what about the PR Tavon had called back against the whiners? That penalty occurred on the opposite side of the filed and had no bearing whatsoever in the play. What about J. Long's "trip" against these same cauddled kittys? The ball was gone, had no effect. I call BS! Freak the panthers!!!

The other bad news is next Monday I am forced to root for the freakin' whiners!? That really sucks.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
So it's legal to bear hug a receiver in the endzone now a days in the NFL???????????????????? Ok
Just like it's legal to run into and knock down a db, then turn around a catch a pass. That is, if your not a Rams receiver!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Not quite.

QB Holding the Ball in Pocket = Defensive Holding or Illegal Contact
QB Scrambling with Ball = Defensive Holding
QB Releases the Ball = Pass Interference
thx for clearing that up.
For the second time in as many years on MNF the game was decided by a referees meeting/discussion.
Both times the home team was given YES, GIVEN the call.
There is ZERO doubt in my mind that the flag would NOT have been picked up at a point in the game where it would not have been construed as the refs "deciding" the game,IOW if it was going to put the ball on the 1 at 4:23 in the second quarter and the score was 7-0 Carolina at the time.
FWIW this call was no better than the one made in Seattle's favor last year and the replacement refs. were held out as the GREAT SATANS of football.
I got NO PROBLEM that the Pats got hosed like a MOFO , I do have a problem with being expected to see it differently than it was just cuz ,it WAS THE PATS,I am ecstatic they got hosed, no one can take the joy of that from me, THEY GOT HOSED,my faith in KARMA is restored,no one gets to take that away.
hey, this is a business first, and a sport 2nd. They do what's in the best interest of the NFL's bottom line,and nothing else really matters. When u view these events within that context, everything is consistent and makes sense.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It was only uncatchable because Gronk was being held, if he wasn't can you honestly say he wouldn't have come back like he was obviously intending and at least fought for the ball? It only looks that bad because Kuechly held him back enough to keep him out of the play so his guy could jump the route.

There is something to on Gronk putting in zero effort, but I imagine he was expecting a flag, you usually do when a guy wraps his arms around you completely and hugs you.

Especially since the ref was right there 10 feet away and looking right at it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Especially since the ref was right there 10 feet away and looking right at it.
That ref was about to have a stroke. It looked like he was thinking, "Oh come on! *I* have to be the one to throw a penalty flag on the last play of the game??? Nobody does that!" And then after he threw it, he looked around and was thinking, "C'mon ... of you douchebags tell me to pick that thing up so that I'm not the most hated person on earth after this is over." And of course once they told him to pick it up, he BECAME one of the most hated people on earth. lol.

Sucks to be you, zebra.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Awww. Must suck to lose a game because the other team got away with penalties.
We Rams fans know nothing about that kind of injustice. :meh:

carPI.gif

True dat!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thx for clearing that up.

hey, this is a business first, and a sport 2nd. They do what's in the best interest of the NFL's bottom line,and nothing else really matters. When u view these events within that context, everything is consistent and makes sense.

But when I take that to the extent you do man ,I see no reason to watch, the belief in the integirty of the competition is ALL I have to adhere to to make me think it's worth watching.That BTW is why Pete Rose is so reviled by the powers that be of MLB, his position and proclivities combined to undermine the aspect of their game that separates them and the NFL from exhibition "sports" like professional wrestling.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
But when I take that to the extent you do man ,I see no reason to watch, the belief in the integirty of the competition is ALL I have to adhere to to make me think it's worth watching.That BTW is why Pete Rose is so reviled by the powers that be of MLB, his position and proclivities combined to undermine the aspect of their game that separates them and the NFL from exhibition "sports" like professional wrestling.
That are pissed at Pete Rose because he was not a business insider, and henceforth is not in a position to F with the game. That privelege is only for an exclusive club.

but yeah, i hear ya, understanding the realities of the business kinda detract from ones enjoyment of watching. On the other hand, it's still pretty cool to watch some of the world's best athletes perform, even if the ultimate games decision can be underhandedly swayed

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That are pissed at Pete Rose because he was not a business insider, and henceforth is not in a position to F with the game. That privelege is only for an exclusive club.

but yeah, i hear ya, understanding the realities of the business kinda detract from ones enjoyment of watching. On the other hand, it's still pretty cool to watch some of the world's best athletes perform, even if the ultimate games decision can be underhandedly swayed
My brother calls it the National Fixed League but gets far more exorcised about the bad calls etc his team gets.
I'm like "dude your fixed theory AUGHT to make you less not more emotional", I don't get upset with how soap operas turn out.

Rose,BTW did bet his team ,the rec. officer at the Marion Fed Prison where Rose did his income tax evasion time and I were in the same social circles at that time,Rose flat out told him he did,or so he says. They sat and talked often.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sorry to bump this but I had to say it...

I think the refs got it right. Tom Brady threw it into double coverage and it was closer to the defender and deserved to be picked off. If it was single coverage then throw the flag. Tom made a mistake and the refs didn't bale him out this time. Wah Wah Wah!!! SCREW THE PATSIES!!! It helps the Rams if they woulda won but its all worth it if Tom Brady leads his team to an ugly loss.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As the game went on I was rooting for the Panthers more and more. I could care less what they did to the Rams in that game, I'm over it, it's in the past. I cannot stand Tom Brady. He's such a whiny prick when things don't go his way. Have some class.

jap

Legend
As the game went on I was rooting for the Panthers more and more. I could care less what they did to the Rams in that game, I'm over it, it's in the past. I cannot stand Tom Brady. He's such a whiny prick when things don't go his way. Have some class.

I don't know about the Panthers' no sense being in the past, but I do prefer that we deal with them in our own way.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't root for the Patriots. At the same time; I was very conflicted rooting for an NFC team in front of us. At the end; I was sort of rooting for the Pats. Either way; I couldn't give two shits about either team and I really didn't care who won. Both suck.

To me; Gronk could have sold that MUCH better. He snoozed giving it a half effort.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was only uncatchable because Gronk was being held, if he wasn't can you honestly say he wouldn't have come back like he was obviously intending and at least fought for the ball? It only looks that bad because Kuechly held him back enough to keep him out of the play so his guy could jump the route.

There is something to on Gronk putting in zero effort, but I imagine he was expecting a flag, you usually do when a guy wraps his arms around you completely and hugs you.

Yes. I can honestly say that and believe it. He was running the wrong direction and that's a lot of momentum to redirect. On top of that, Lester had already broken on the ball before Gronk was grabbed by Kuechly. Which means Lester had a 2 yard headstart and Gronk was still running the wrong direction.

I think the odds of Gronk being able to catch that ball were zero to none. If Brady hadn't underthrown it, he might have got the call.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Awww. Must suck to lose a game because the other team got away with penalties.
We Rams fans know nothing about that kind of injustice. :meh:

carPI.gif
LMFAO I Would MARRY this post If I could!! lol HOPE YOU DOUCHEBAG CHEATRIOTS ENJOY KARMA.... IT'S COMING ASSHATS!