Michael Sam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's a football player, he makes plays all over the field, and was pretty fluid in the drills. I wish he would ran a little faster, and I can say this, he plays faster than he tested. He's a very gutsy dude. What he did took a lot of courage, and probably distracted him quite a bit.
I don't necessarily see his coming forth as so gutsy, HOW MUCH buzz would he be getting with his workout numbers if he hadn't?
I don't discount he's trying to shame someone into drafting him,not at all

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't necessarily see his coming forth as so gutsy, HOW MUCH buzz would he be getting with his workout numbers if he hadn't?
I don't discount he's trying to shame someone into drafting him,not at all
Personally, that has crossed my mind, but I don't think that is it. Any of you Missu guys want to attest for his play?

I think it would be really tough for anybody to do what he has. Whenever you are the first, you are blazing an unknown trail my friend.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Personally, that has crossed my mind, but I don't think that is it. Any of you Missu guys want to attest for his play?

I think it would be really tough for anybody to do what he has. Whenever you are the first, you are blazing an unknown trail my friend.

What else is there to say? He was the SEC's defensive player of the year (over such names like C.J. Mosley, Kony Ealy, Dee Ford, and Ha'sean Clinton-Dix), a unanimous First-Team All American (and only the second unanimous All American in Mizzou's history), and he represented Mizzou very well during the time he was here. He made the clutch play against Oklahoma State that literally won us the Cotton Bowl. He had almost twenty tackles for a loss, eleven-and-a-half sacks, and the only tackle he couldn't beat was Greg Robinson, whom we all know is in play for our number two overall pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What else is there to say? He was the SEC's defensive player of the year (over such names like C.J. Mosley, Kony Ealy, Dee Ford, and Ha'sean Clinton-Dix), a unanimous First-Team All American (and only the second unanimous All American in Mizzou's history), and he represented Mizzou very well during the time he was here. He made the clutch play against Oklahoma State that literally won us the Cotton Bowl. He had almost twenty tackles for a loss, eleven-and-a-half sacks, and the only tackle he couldn't beat was Greg Robinson, whom we all know is in play for our number two overall pick.
So then he sounds like a steal in the 5th or 6th like he's projected. Football is football. If we could pick him up there and he is any kind of scheme match, pick him up. All joking aside, I don't think the guys in the locker room will give two shits about his announcement. At the point where he is strapping on the pads (you can't get away from connotations) he will be seen as either a good player or not.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Michael Sam posts better 40 times at Missouri pro day
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 20, 2014

2bc9e631812594347ceeacc029b8d5f3.jpeg
AP

As impressive as Missouri defensive end Michael Sam was in interviews at the Scouting Combine, it didn’t go so well for him on the field.

But he apparently recovered today at Missouri’s pro day.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, two stopwatches had Sam run his first 40-yard dash in 4.69 and 4.70 seconds.

That’s an improvement over the 4.79 and 4.84 he put up at the Combine, and could help boost his stock in the eyes of skeptical evaluators.

According to other reports from Missouri, Sam appeared to have come up with a hamstring pull, which kept him from making a second attempt at the 40-yard dash.

The time he posted Thursday seems more in line with his production at Missouri, after an 11.5-sack senior season which saw him win SEC co-defensive player of the year. More attention has been paid to the fact he’ll be the first openly gay player in the NFL upon being drafted.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't want the rams to get this guy under any circumstances. Nothing against him, more against the media. He's being treated like a circus act for being different, thats no fault of his, but no secret it can hurt a team. I feel terrible for him and Tim Tebow in the same light, Tebow is clearly good enough for the nfl but people don't want the distractions

bluecoconuts

Legend
I disagree, I don't think Tebow was anywhere good enough for the NFL. Teams wanted him because he sold tickets because he had a huge following, but the total lack of skill wasn't worth the extra income he produced.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree, I don't think Tebow was anywhere good enough for the NFL. Teams wanted him because he sold tickets because he had a huge following, but the total lack of skill wasn't worth the extra income he produced.

I think he is at least good enough to be on a team. I'm not saying a starter but he led a team to the playoffs, obviously wasn't all him but that should at least put you on the same level as kellen clemens

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I gotta disagree. Tebow was extremely talented. He was good enough to QB a team to the playoffs. That doesn't just happen. The distractions were a feeding frenzy everywhere he went. He would have had to have been better than just NFL level talent for that crap to go away and no one wanted to deal with it. Even though several coaches either tried or thought hard about it because of his talent. It was the ONLY reason I didn't want him in horns.

I'm just not sure Sams carries the same level of distraction. I know all the press he got and all but... meh. I honestly think Sams just ISN'T talented enough to play in the NFL. At least not as a starter. He may be a good depth signing. Guess we'll see. Because I really doubt everyone is going to pass on him if he has real talent.