Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and while I'm thinking about it and after looking at the latest mocks with the QBs... Mond is enormously undervalued on draft boards that I see right now. Some asshole team (probably the Saints) will snap him up at a bargain and redshirt his ass the first season while they tune him up. He has a really nice pocket presence and some balls to him, meaning he doesn't get affected much by the rush which is something you can't really teach a QB. And physically the size and skills are there. IMO he's a round 2 value that is slotting as low as midrounds on some lists so if he somehow ends up say round 4 I would take him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either way this means the Rams need to ensure that pass rush is elite. They need to find an OLB in this draft who can set a good edge who hopefully has a chance to be a blindside guy. Then worst case that edge is part of our rotation with Lewis and we will have enough pieces in that group to keep them fresh and high intensity. There are numerous options that project to our 57 range across the different mocks out there.
As long as in doing so they don't ensure Stafford has the worst 5 man group in front of him in the NFCW as well. Gotta nail that OLine IMO.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And with the 3rd pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers take Sebastian Janikowski Jr. Cue boos from Raider Fans

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
As far as opinions on Goff go, I can't imagine many people debating that two of his worst games came against the Niners.

And damn for the last time I have no dislike for any Rams player.

It's not a put down at all - just factually what happened.
Kinda hard to defend you dislike of a player when you post crap like that for no other reason than to put them down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also eventually you have to hit on the picks, they don't mean squat, it you don't pick the right players. I also agree that if Tua does not answer the call this season, the Dolphins will be utilizing their draft capital to move up in order to draft Sam Howell in 2022.

Spencer Rattler imo

So the shitters get an A- grade b/c they have a championship window but not a difference maker at QB. Exact same situation as the Rams. And they gave up THREE YEARS of these oh so coveted first round picks.

But the Rams got a B+ because it was a hefty price and mortaged their future. Oh but it's so OK for the shitters for that. Goddamnit the double standard man. Fuck me.

This opinion may not be popular here, but I'd give SF a higher grade too. They're acquiring a likely 20/21 year old QB on a rookie contract. We acquired a 33 year old QB. Now, if they pick Mac Jones, I'll laugh at them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and while I'm thinking about it and after looking at the latest mocks with the QBs... Mond is enormously undervalued on draft boards that I see right now. Some asshole team (probably the Saints) will snap him up at a bargain and redshirt his ass the first season while they tune him up. He has a really nice pocket presence and some balls to him, meaning he doesn't get affected much by the rush which is something you can't really teach a QB. And physically the size and skills are there. IMO he's a round 2 value that is slotting as low as midrounds on some lists so if he somehow ends up say round 4 I would take him.

I'd go the opposite direction. I think he's vastly overrated by people thinking of him as a Day 2 prospect. This is a guy who typically spends a quarter of each game looking like he has no idea how to play the position. He's a four-year starter who never found consistency. Maybe somebody strikes gold with him, as he has it all physically, but I wouldn't mess with a QB who is that inconsistent. Davis Mills is my Day 2 QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless the Jets go LT and zach wilson falls to them bitches... oh man i hope not. Lance/ Fields would be a dream scenario for us as both have wholes in their game.

The Dolphins wanted to trade down with the Eagles, who only wanted Zach Wilson. The Eagles ended up trading down from #6 instead of up to #3. The Jets are now shopping Sam Darnold. I think that should tell us what the Jets are planning. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I didn‘t watch a ton of Miami, but I don’t see it with Tua either.

He looked like a boy among men out there, like... a player playing 1 level too high. Not sure what I am seeing to say that; other than he looked overmatched and it was beyond experience.

But who knows? It’s early. I would have JUMPED at a QB at #3 if I were them.

I wouldn't shut the book on Tua yet. He's a great pure thrower. It takes time for some guys to adapt to the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd go the opposite direction. I think he's vastly overrated by people thinking of him as a Day 2 prospect. This is a guy who typically spends a quarter of each game looking like he has no idea how to play the position. He's a four-year starter who never found consistency. Maybe somebody strikes gold with him, as he has it all physically, but I wouldn't mess with a QB who is that inconsistent. Davis Mills is my Day 2 QB.
If he wasn't inconsistent you'd be drafting him much higher. This is why I say if that dude is there round 4 I'd be all over him.

Haven't watched much of Mills.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he wasn't inconsistent you'd be drafting him much higher. This is why I say if that dude is there round 4 I'd be all over him.

Haven't watched much of Mills.

Mills reminds me of Sam Bradford. Phenomenal arm talent. Pro style system with a lot of anticipation throws. Functional mobility to extend plays and boot, but won't hurt you with his legs. Prototypical pocket passer. Can be a bit conservative as a passer. Makes mistakes due to his inexperience. Has had persistent durability issues. But he's a 3rd round pick who has the skillset of a starting QB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda hard to defend you dislike of a player when you post crap like that for no other reason than to put them down.

I posted this in response to a Niner fan talking about us needing to be able to beat Mullens. Goff had two awful games against the Niners - while we had other issues too, he was the most glaring.

If we acquired Rodney Hudson and a Packers fan came in here talking smack, nobody would have a problem saying "Blythe was the main reason you won and now we upgraded that position" (aside from AD being injured)

Tano

Legend
I posted this in response to a Niner fan talking about us needing to be able to beat Mullens. Goff had two awful games against the Niners - while we had other issues too, he was the most glaring.

If we acquired Rodney Hudson and a Packers fan came in here talking smack, nobody would have a problem saying "Blythe was the main reason you won and now we upgraded that position" (aside from AD being injured)
Yeah but the difference is that a lot of us had high hopes for HWSRN this year being his 6th year when most QBs have their moment when they really figure things out whereas Blythe was at best an average (below average) in MOST peoples minds.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

Doesn't change anything I said. You can't consistently shit on a player then turn around and say "I dont dislike any rams player." That has bs written all over it.