Merry Christmas Miami

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
We gave you an early Christmas gift, and I hope you choke on it too! IMO, two plays changed the whole momentum in this game. Jenkins and Dahl f**king up on Miami's first TD in the second quarter and then Miller following it up on the ensuing kickoff and trying to be the returner. I will give them credit for battling back but the RAMS could have knocked Miami out early but didn't. Too many penalties and missed opportunities. We continue to struggle in the redzone. GZ had a tough day, but in reality we knew this was going to happen at some point. This young team will continue to struggle outside the friendly confines of the Dome.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, that was a straight up gift.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Could've been worse at that point, 6-14 instead 6-10.

Still don't understand why SJack isn't being used in the RZ. Like ever. It's getting annoying. I don't like the OL excuse (yeah I used that word). SJack is a 1000+ yard rusher w/ guys like Incognito, Barron, and Nick freakin Leckey on the OL. Why isn't he allowed to even try?

Second, I hate, hate, hate the record setting attempt. They had a TO. Why didn't Fisher try to call for a quick slant or out, if it stayed IB call the TO and attempt the shorter FG. I didn't like that sequence at all. I know it's second guessing, but given the situation it really shouldn't have happened even GZ did break the record.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The previous play being a sack, and it being 4th down, I think Fisher looked at it two ways. Rely on your rookie kicker who has been a stud in the past but missed two earlier in the game. Or rely on your o-line to block and your receivers to get open and make the 1st down.

In all honesty, I probably would have gone with the kick as well.

Dolphins12

UDFA
Good game but I won't say it was gift it was a grind by any means we should be 5-1 if we didn't "gift" those overtime losses. Good teams find a way to win and don't make excuses. By any means we made many mistakes as well in first 5 minutes of the game. 1 of the fumbles that was over ruled and was named a INC was crazy no where near enough evidence for it to be over turned. I think we did a good job only allowing 1 TD so we played pretty good D when it counts. Tannehill had a good game no turnovers completed over 70% of his passes and had 2 TDs and let's be real our line was demolished and had no run game so he played very well. We seriously need a deepthreat tho :sick: And I agree this game wasn't on your kicker no one can live by a kicker if you can't score points it's on the offense. Also I think we're moving up to best team on stopping teams in 3rd downs we have been great there. I also know that feel on struggling in the redzones we were garbage last year and our coach would constantly fistpump for settling on FGs it was embarrassing /facepalm

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dolphins12 said:
Good game but I won't say it was gift it was a grind by any means we should be 5-1 if we didn't "gift" those overtime losses. Good teams find a way to win and don't make excuses. By any means we made many mistakes as well in first 5 minutes of the game. 1 of the fumbles that was over ruled and was named a INC was crazy no where near enough evidence for it to be over turned. I think we did a good job only allowing 1 TD so we played pretty good D when it counts. Tannehill had a good game no turnovers completed over 70% of his passes and had 2 TDs and let's be real our line was demolished and had no run game so he played very well. We seriously need a deepthreat tho :sick: And I agree this game wasn't on your kicker no one can live by a kicker if you can't score points it's on the offense. Also I think we're moving up to best team on stopping teams in 3rd downs we have been great there. I also know that feel on struggling in the redzones we were garbage last year and our coach would constantly fistpump for settling on FGs it was embarrassing /facepalm

Funny how you say "Good Teams" find a way to win, yet talk about how poor the Dolphins O-Line played and have no deep threat at receiver. :roll: Sorry, but the Dolphins are not a "Good" team.

Dolphins12

UDFA
MontanaRamsFan said:
Dolphins12 said:

Funny how you say "Good Teams" find a way to win, yet talk about how poor the Dolphins O-Line played and have no deep threat at receiver. :roll: Sorry, but the Dolphins are not a "Good" team.
I don't think we've reached the level; to become good neither have you nor have you proved you are better then us. We won fair and Square and if you can't accept the fact we were the better team only to make excuses(anyone could makes excuses if they lose so could I doesn't mean they carry any weight) then more power to yeah I rather not delude myself tho. Football is a game of matchups. And bold doesn't really mean anything if we they had a bad game and still won.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Dolphins12 said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Dolphins12 said:

I don't think we've reached the level; to become good neither have you nor have you proved you are better then us. We won fair and Square and if you can't accept the fact we were the better team only to make excuses(anyone could makes excuses if they lose so could I doesn't mean they carry any weight) then more power to yeah I rather not delude myself tho. Football is a game of matchups. And bold doesn't really mean anything if we they had a bad game and still won.

STL MIA
1st Downs 22 12
Passing 1st downs 15 8
Rushing 1st downs 7 2
1st downs from Penalties 0 2
3rd down efficiency 3-13 4-12
4th down efficiency 2-2 1-1
Total Plays 69 49
Total Yards 462 192
Yards per play 6.7 3.9
Total Drives 9 11
Passing 300 173
Comp - Att 26-39 21-29
Yards per pass 7.7 6.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Sacks - Yards Lost 3-15 2-12
Rushing 162 19
Rushing Attempts 27 18
Yards per rush 6.0 1.1
Red Zone (Made-Att) 1-3 1-1
Penalties 12-94 5-40
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 33:23 26:37

We kicked your asses all over the field and then kicked the ball outside the uprights, you won but we exposed the fuudge out of your "vaunted defense"
6 yds per carry, so yeah you won the game and basically that's the only thing you can say positive about your team.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dolphins12 said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Dolphins12 said:

I really don't give a sh*t what you think. So, go f**king troll somewhere else. By the way... go pound some of that South Beach sand up your ass while your at it!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now now boys. We gave one away, It's over. If the game would of been in St. Louis, it would not have been close with 20/20 hindsight but that's hypothetical. We know we have a team that will fight to the end and that makes me a sight happier than last year. The good thing about the rest of the game today is SF, SEA, and ARIZ are all losing at the moment.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bluecoconuts said:
The previous play being a sack, and it being 4th down, I think Fisher looked at it two ways. Rely on your rookie kicker who has been a stud in the past but missed two earlier in the game. Or rely on your o-line to block and your receivers to get open and make the 1st down.

In all honesty, I probably would have gone with the kick as well.

I didn't realize it was 4th down. I thought it was 3rd down hence the going closer arguement.

Still, 65 is askin a lot. Rather try the ole hail mary...maybe get a PI.

Dolphins12

UDFA
Thordaddy said:
Dolphins12 said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Dolphins12 said:

STL MIA
1st Downs 22 12
Passing 1st downs 15 8
Rushing 1st downs 7 2
Total Plays 69 49
Total Yards 462 192
Yards per play 6.7 3.9
Total Drives 9 11
Passing 300 173
Comp - Att 26-39 21-29
Yards per pass 7.7 6.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 162 19
Rushing Attempts 27 18
Yards per rush 6.0 1.1
Penalties 12-94 5-40
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0

We kicked your asses all over the field and then kicked the ball outside the uprights, you won but we exposed the fuudge out of your "vaunted defense"
6 yds per carry, so yeah you won the game and basically that's the only thing you can say positive about your team.
Lmao no one in the NFL gives ashit about stats if you lose but how did you kick our asses and you can't even look at the stats that matter? You exposed our defense? You only scored 14 points, 1 touch down, 2-13 on third downs (ouch), 1-3 in the redzone not only that you had 33 minutes in possession and only scored 14 points with only 1 touchdown, clearly our defense won the battle. And yeah what you wrote in bold thats the only thing matters no shitt idiot. We dominated arizona and tannehill threw 400 yards against them but I'm not going brag about or even use it as a excuses because it doesn't really matter unless you win.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Dolphins12 said:
Thordaddy said:
Dolphins12 said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Dolphins12 said:

STL MIA
1st Downs 22 12
Passing 1st downs 15 8
Rushing 1st downs 7 2
Total Plays 69 49
Total Yards 462 192
Yards per play 6.7 3.9
Total Drives 9 11
Passing 300 173
Comp - Att 26-39 21-29
Yards per pass 7.7 6.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 162 19
Rushing Attempts 27 18
Yards per rush 6.0 1.1
Penalties 12-94 5-40
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0

Lmao no one in the NFL gives ashit about stats if you lose but how did you kick our asses and you can't even look at the stats that matter? You exposed our defense? You only scored 14 points, 1 touch down, 2-13 on third downs (ouch), 1-3 in the redzone not only that you had 33 minutes in possession and only scored 14 points with only 1 touchdown, clearly our defense won the battle. And yeah what you wrote in bold thats the only thing matters no shitt idiot. We dominated arizona and tannehill threw 400 yards against them but I'm not going brag about or even use it as a excuses because it doesn't really matter unless you win.
Your defense had zero to do with a kid losing his mojo and missing three FG's all of which were plenty long.
But stay delusional , we outplayed your team ,if you can't understand the meaning of those stats ,I can't help you, and BTW I really don't understand what coming to a Rams board to thump your little pigeon chest does you, potty training? dunno, all the Dolphin boards banned you?

Dolphins12

UDFA
Thordaddy said:
Dolphins12 said:
Thordaddy said:
Dolphins12 said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Dolphins12 said:

STL MIA
1st Downs 22 12
Passing 1st downs 15 8
Rushing 1st downs 7 2
Total Plays 69 49
Total Yards 462 192
Yards per play 6.7 3.9
Total Drives 9 11
Passing 300 173
Comp - Att 26-39 21-29
Yards per pass 7.7 6.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 162 19
Rushing Attempts 27 18
Yards per rush 6.0 1.1
Penalties 12-94 5-40
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0

Your defense had zero to do with a kid losing his mojo and missing three FG's all of which were plenty long.
But stay delusional , we outplayed your team ,if you can't understand the meaning of those stats ,I can't help you, and BTW I really don't understand what coming to a Rams board to thump your little pigeon chest does you, potty training? dunno, all the Dolphin boards banned you?
Why are you mentioning the kicker I agree he wasn't the reason they lost it was your offense that couldn't beat our defense and couldn't put the kicker in a better position but what team lives on a kicker anyway? And who cares who outplays who when all that matters is who won especially when you hold a team to 14 points and 1 touchdown when they had 33 minutes of possession.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Dolphins12 said:
Why are you mentioning the kicker I agree he wasn't the reason they lost it was your offense that couldn't beat our defense and couldn't put the kicker in a better position but what team lives on a kicker anyway? And who cares who outplays who when all that matters is who won especially when you hold a team to 14 points and 1 touchdown when they had 33 minutes of possession.

Well because of course I said the missed kicks cost us the game so learn to read then come back, no on second thought don't.

Dolphins12

UDFA
Thordaddy said:
Dolphins12 said:

Well because of course I said the missed kicks cost us the game so learn to read then come back, no on second thought don't.
You mean the offense that couldn't get him better field positions let alone at least score more then a single TD with so much time of possession? Which I already explained if you kept on reading.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Meh... Miami was the better team today. They have a fine young team, and so do we. The game could've went either way. They took advantage of our mistakes, and we didn't capitalize on theirs. That's what you have to do sometimes in this league to win. I honestly think we were slightly out coached today, something we haven't been able say too much this season.

We'll learn from it, we'll get better. This is what you have to do.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Dolphins12: Miami is not a good team, yet. You won ugly. That's still a victory. But don't deny we turned your "dominating" defense into a "bend but don't break" defense.

Not getting TDs on redzone visits is only half on your defense.

As for your presence here, after a disappointing loss for us ... you might want to consider waiting a day before you come back. You'll get more grace from us then.

Dolphins12

UDFA
Ram Quixote said:
Dolphins12: Miami is not a good team, yet. You won ugly. That's still a victory. But don't deny we turned your "dominating" defense into a "bend but don't break" defense.

Not getting TDs on redzone visits is only half on your defense.

As for your presence here, after a disappointing loss for us ... you might want to consider waiting a day before you come back. You'll get more grace from us then.
Nothing new in bold as I already stated that we aren't a good team and neither are the rams both are mediocre and on the I agree all that matters is you get the win it's not like this would of been an upset and people are shock if we lost. Our defense was never dominating either we were good against the run and pass rush but we have one of the worst secondaries in the league so stopping you guys in the redzone was huge for our defense along with 3/13 3rd downs against you. We only allowed 14 points and 1 TD and that's great. We dominated arizona too with 400 yards passing but who really cars if you can't put in the points lol. Our Rookie QB played great for having a below average receiving core and no run game, he still complete 72% of his passes no Turn overs and 2 TDs on what some say is a team with a good secondary and good pass rush\. It's all about being opportunistic and making plays.

Dolphins12

UDFA
Username said:
Meh... Miami was the better team today. They have a fine young team, and so do we. The game could've went either way. They took advantage of our mistakes, and we didn't capitalize on theirs. That's what you have to do sometimes in this league to win. I honestly think we were slightly out coached today, something we haven't been able say too much this season.

We'll learn from it, we'll get better. This is what you have to do.
Props to you for not being salty and taking a loss like a man without looking for excuses on everything.