Merril Hoge on Aaron Donald “he flashed on every play”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Merril Hoge joined the Kevin Wheeler Show to talk about how he was unimpressed at the first action from Jadeveon Clowney, what he like from Khalil Mack, evaluating the Rams rookies, looking at the NFC West, how he can see the Cardinals winning the division, and his thoughts on the Rams.

Listen to Hoge Talk Rams and Donald

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
pretty close, even on the lonmg TD run to the left, he was being held (the kind that is never called) but he was reaching for ball carrier.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Was pretty close to my thinking on how Clowney would be,lost as hell transitioning ,might just be the first time he's had to face adversity like that on the field instead of dominating because he's a superior athlete,Donald is both a superior athlete and use to working hard every play knowing his assignments.
Mack like he said just a great football player Raiders got em one there.

IMO he's wrong though on the Cardinals ,I think they will struggle to protect Palmer especially against us and the rest of the division.

As for the "you aren't scared of the Seahawks " reference I agree as well, we don't fear them,I doubt any Fisher team ever feared anyone ,win or lose we're gonna letcha know you were in a game,no matter the score

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
SO...Merill doesn't like Clowney or Sam (as in Michael)...interesting...Not sure how I'd take this...Well, at least he does like Donald....nothing surprising.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When you think about it, the best thing to take away from what Hodge said, Think about the "TV Lies" comment when ever you are looking at a play or a player. You really have to see the coach's tape to properly grade a play or player because we don't see it all on TV. ie. 'What was going on all over the field' what players were doing (out of camera shot), what and who were they going up against etc.! this definitely needs to be known when cut time comes and when you are game planning!

FRO

Legend
I think I complain about almost every football media member not named Jim Thomas or Nick Wagoner. Maybe I'm just a homer, but a lot of the national guys just suck.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I am opinionated as hell on some things and I just flat out didn't like Clowney sorry that's just the way I am I didn't want him wearing horns. This was a great year for me we got my two favorite guys. It's easy to root for both of them. A little humility goes a long way with me.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
One pre-season game and all of these conclusions can be drawn about the trajectory of someone's career.
It's pre-season for a reason, the games don't count, they are an evaluation period.
Everything he said could flip next week...you just can't come to these conclusions based on one pre-season game IMO

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I see nothing wrong with what Merril Hoge said. We improved a lot on paper, but no one is going to pick us to win the division until we consistently show it on the field.