McVay on the Centre Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
via tweeter:

Sean McVay said the Rams will "cross-train our guards to be able to play center" in the wake of Tim Barnes' release. But Rams are still looking to see if they can address the void in free agency or through the draft.

i
Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wichmann, most likely. Maybe Brown.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Translation: "We're looking for a new Center that currently isn't on the roster"

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Wish we kept Kush. He filled in nicely for Chicago last year. Another bonehead move by the Fish.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
That's about the only thing I didn't want to hear about how they'll deal with this..i hope to hell they find another option...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wichmann, most likely. Maybe Brown.

Definitely Wichmann. I expect Brown to be our best OG. Cody's only chance to start now is probably at Center.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Think he was already signed elsewhere wasn't he?

He is tendered by the Bills as an RFA. They gave him an original round tender, so since he was undrafted he is on a 1 year contract worth about a 1M. Another team could sign him to an offer sheet and the Bills would have the right to match it and keep him. Any team that does sign him wouldn't have to give any draft pick compensation.

Ram65

Legend
Seven hours ago. Lowest tendered restricted free agent.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/03/10/report-ryan-groy-drawing-interest-four-teams/
The Buffalo Bills valued Ryan Groy enough to make him a contract offer as a restricted free agent.

The question now is whether another team will place an even higher value on him – enough to potentially steal him away. According to a report Friday from ESPN's Adam Caplan, "at least four teams" have expressed interest in Groy.

Follow
Adam Caplan

âś”@caplannfl

#Bills RFA G Ryan Groy has drawn interest from at least 4 teams, sources said. A few of them said they think he could come in and start.

12:17 PM

Groy received the lowest restricted free agent tender from the Bills, which would pay him $1.797 million on a one-year contract. Another team can offer Groy a contract, which the Bills would have the right to match. Because he was undrafted, the Bills wouldn't be entitled to any compensation if they elected not to do so.

Groy, 26, started seven games at center in 2016 in place of the injured Eric Wood. He figures to be Buffalo's top reserve interior offensive lineman behind Wood and guards Richie Incognito and John Miller – if the Bills are able to retain him.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Not only that, he played with Havenstein for a season. Wisconsin does one thing right, that's building offensive linemen.

True that. Joe Thomas, Kevin Zeitler, Travis Frederick, and Ricky Wagner. I believe those guys are the highest paid LT, G, C, and RT in the league respectively. Not to mention Ramczyk is should be a first rounder in this year's draft at LT. The system works.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Crosstrain? Oh, I don't like the sound of that. At least get this groy guy and see if a nice option is available in the draft. The rams need to nail it with the center position or the other oline moves will suffer.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Troy received a grade of 79.5 from PFF, Sullivan a 76.6 on a lot fewer snaps.

Snaps are important here. Sullivan played less than 100 I believe. Sullivan had a knee injury the year before joining the Skins mid-season so some might believe that combined with his age has slowed him down.

I think Sullivan's knee is probably fine if it checks out. He's 2 years removed from it now so I think he could be a decent option.