Marvel's Phase 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Malcolm Spellman said there is going to be a pretty big cameo in episode 5 , plus he said it's gonna be a tear jerker

Yeah. About that cameo. Was it supposed to be Batroc lol? Also the episode wasn't a tear jerker. Unless you were supposed to during Isaiah Bradley's exposition? Hoskins' parents mourning? I didn't at either of those. It was still so good though. Great set ups. Bucky flirting with Sam's sister had me rolling. Dude is 100 years old. The training session had me geeked. Next week's finale is looking to be fantastic.

Wait n/m. It's Valentina. Had no idea who that was until google told me.

All I wanted to see were the new wings...WTH man!

You will wait and you will like it!

tumblr_inline_nxgifpIqq91sanqvc_250.gifv

Q729

Legend
Yeah. About that cameo. Was it supposed to be Batroc lol? Also the episode wasn't a tear jerker. Unless you were supposed to during Isaiah Bradley's exposition? Hoskins' parents mourning? I didn't at either of those. It was still so good though. Great set ups. Bucky flirting with Sam's sister had me rolling. Dude is 100 years old. The training session had me geeked. Next week's finale is looking to be fantastic.

Wait n/m. It's Valentina. Had no idea who that was until google told me.

Yeah, I guess it was to mean something if Black Widow came out when it was supposed to. I wasn't disappointed. I stopped caring about all that speculation and just let things unfold as they may.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm sure the tear jerker part was the Isaiah Bradley backstory part , and John Walker going to see Lemar Hoskins parents

Julia Louis-Dreyfus was cool , I wasn't really expecting much , so it actually better then I was expecting , always been a big Julia Louis-Dreyfus , and now I'm gettting her and Own Wilson , who I'm also a big fan of

so I'm geek boying out a little bit

I still remembered a little bit about her character from when I was a kid in the late 70's / early 80's , when comic book stories were still heavily influenced by the cold war that was still going on , Spy vs Spy , double agents , James Bond , etc

but I mostly just remember her as a Nick Fury side character , not sure what she's up to 30 years later , and now in the MCU

Psycho_X

Legend

I'm trying to get excited for this but so far I'm a bit slow getting there. I grew up mostly on Iron Man and Spider Man comics in my youth so I was super excited when Mandarin was coming to Iron Man 3 and completely pissed when that didn't actually happen lol. In fact, I only recently watched IM3 for the second time as the wife and I are making our way through the timeline in order. So I'm excited to see an actual Mandarin hopefully. But I don't know anything about Shang-Chi really but I know it'll get a proper MCU treatment and I'll probably like it so will certainly pay to see it.

I'm sure the tear jerker part was the Isaiah Bradley backstory part , and John Walker going to see Lemar Hoskins parents

Julia Louis-Dreyfus was cool , I wasn't really expecting much , so it actually better then I was expecting , always been a big Julia Louis-Dreyfus , and now I'm gettting her and Own Wilson , who I'm also a big fan of

so I'm geek boying out a little bit

I still remembered a little bit about her character from when I was a kid in the late 70's / early 80's , when comic book stories were still heavily influenced by the cold war that was still going on , Spy vs Spy , double agents , James Bond , etc

but I mostly just remember her as a Nick Fury side character , not sure what she's up to 30 years later , and now in the MCU

J L-D is awesome and that was cool to see. I think that character was one of the Madame Hydras at one point. But yeah don't have a whole lot of memory of the character other than that. Whatever it ends up being in the MCU I know J L-D will be awesome as it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm trying to get excited for this but so far I'm a bit slow getting there. I grew up mostly on Iron Man and Spider Man comics in my youth so I was super excited when Mandarin was coming to Iron Man 3 and completely pissed when that didn't actually happen lol. In fact, I only recently watched IM3 for the second time as the wife and I are making our way through the timeline in order. So I'm excited to see an actual Mandarin hopefully. But I don't know anything about Shang-Chi really but I know it'll get a proper MCU treatment and I'll probably like it so will certainly pay to see it.

J L-D is awesome and that was cool to see. I think that character was one of the Madame Hydras at one point. But yeah don't have a whole lot of memory of the character other than that. Whatever it ends up being in the MCU I know J L-D will be awesome as it.
IM3 was the worst Marvel movie in my opinion. I watched that whole show and at the end... Basically nothing changed. It was hugely disappointing for the whole Marvel franchise.

Psycho_X

Legend
IM3 was the worst Marvel movie in my opinion. I watched that whole show and at the end... Basically nothing changed. It was hugely disappointing for the whole Marvel franchise.

Agreed, it bugged me for a lot of reasons. But the Mandarin reveal totally fell flat for me. They did do a Marvel short that basically retconned it to hint that there was a real Mandarin and he was pissed that his name was being used by others but was too little too late. Hopefully Shang-Chi gives that character a proper treatment eventually... not sure if he's in this movie but obviously "Ten Rings" is a giveaway. Unless Marvel is just screwing with us again which is possible lol.

Anyway, IM3 had some good moments. Happy being shown in his Vincent Vega phase in the flashbacks was one of the best damn comedic moments in MCU history imo. But you're right the movie didn't really push the story much other than showing Tony's PTSD developing. Him destroying all of his suits in the end was a cool gesture only to turn around and have it mean nothing because the next film he is in (Ultron) literally starts with him flying around in a suit kicking ass. Oh well, nothing is perfect I guess.

Q729

Legend
I'm trying to get excited for this but so far I'm a bit slow getting there...
...But I don't know anything about Shang-Chi really but I know it'll get a proper MCU treatment and I'll probably like it so will certainly pay to see it.
That's how I felt with Dr. Strange and Ant Man. Ended up liking them too. Ever since, I haven't doubted Marvel Studios. Who knows, maybe this is the one that finally breaks it. Until then...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Fin Fang Foom !!!!!

I'm actually really looking forward to Shang Shi

for one thing , it will be nice to get something a little different

we've had ..............

Androids
Aliens
@ Wizards

so I'm looking forward to the martial arts of Marvel

when I was a kid , I don't think I ever actually bought a Shang Chi comic , but every time my mom took us kids shopping , anytime we ever went into a store that had a comic book rack , thats were I spent my time while mom was shopping , and I do remember reading , or at least flipping through pages of Shang Chi comics

it was the 70's , and Marvel was clearly cashing in on Bruce Lee's popularity , because thats clearly what Shang Chi was

I don't remember Shang Chi crossing over much with the rest of Marvel , but I do remember Shang Chi dealing with maybe somemore adult themed stories , like the Chinese underground that dealt with crime and drugs , and , well , some other stuff

but that was 30 some years ago , and I know his character has be rebooted a few times since then , he never used to have any super human powers , he was just at the peak of his art , he was also considered Marvel's number one martial artist , even though he posed no super powers , but I'm sure he does now as Marvel has updated his character , even though I couldn't tell you what it was

from what I've read , the movie is taking even more liberty with his character , making him the son of the Mandarin , which he never was in the comics

but when you take a character that's unfamiliar with most people , your free to change a few more things

but one thing to look forward to , it's being reported that the Mandarin will awaken Fin Fang Foom !!!!!!!!!!!!

that alone should be worth the price of admission

Peter Parker was always Stan Lee's favorite character , but if you've ever seen a interview with Stan Lee where he talks about Fin Fang Foom , he lights up like a kid on Christmas morning , Fin Fang Foom was defiantly one of Stan lee's favorite characters

fin-fang-foom-shang-chi-top-1200.jpg

63ee339af4284ee96f45eeebcbb44158.jpg

Fang.jpg

b203d1872a367ed6ebc99810492be40a.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Emilia Clarke joinng the MCU

She'll be staring in the upcoming Disney Plus , Secret Invasion with Samuel L. Jackson , Ben Mendelsohn and Olivia Colman

who'll she'll be playing , is , well , a Secret

61062e1d11964a83850735f30b2ed6fd.JPEG

b_secretinvasion_header_mobile_20657_7241b17d.jpeg

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Fin Fang Foom !!!!!

I'm actually really looking forward to Shang Shi

for one thing , it will be nice to get something a little different

we've had ..............

Androids
Aliens
@ Wizards

so I'm looking forward to the martial arts of Marvel

when I was a kid , I don't think I ever actually bought a Shang Chi comic , but every time my mom took us kids shopping , anytime we ever went into a store that had a comic book rack , thats were I spent my time while mom was shopping , and I do remember reading , or at least flipping through pages of Shang Chi comics

it was the 70's , and Marvel was clearly cashing in on Bruce Lee's popularity , because thats clearly what Shang Chi was

I don't remember Shang Chi crossing over much with the rest of Marvel , but I do remember Shang Chi dealing with maybe somemore adult themed stories , like the Chinese underground that dealt with crime and drugs , and , well , some other stuff

but that was 30 some years ago , and I know his character has be rebooted a few times since then , he never used to have any super human powers , he was just at the peak of his art , he was also considered Marvel's number one martial artist , even though he posed no super powers , but I'm sure he does now as Marvel has updated his character , even though I couldn't tell you what it was

from what I've read , the movie is taking even more liberty with his character , making him the son of the Mandarin , which he never was in the comics

but when you take a character that's unfamiliar with most people , your free to change a few more things

but one thing to look forward to , it's being reported that the Mandarin will awaken Fin Fang Foom !!!!!!!!!!!!

that alone should be worth the price of admission

Peter Parker was always Stan Lee's favorite character , but if you've ever seen a interview with Stan Lee where he talks about Fin Fang Foom , he lights up like a kid on Christmas morning , Fin Fang Foom was defiantly one of Stan lee's favorite characters

fin-fang-foom-shang-chi-top-1200.jpg

63ee339af4284ee96f45eeebcbb44158.jpg

Fang.jpg

b203d1872a367ed6ebc99810492be40a.jpg

That'll be really fun if true. It's a shame that RDJ is done because it'd be nice to see Iron Man be involved with a Mandarin/Fin Fang Foom fight at some point but oh well.

My first Iron Man comic I ever bought, and still have, got me hooked and went on an Iron Man frenzy after that. It's kind of sad but I remember the exact magazine rack in a grocery store that no longer exists in my hometown where I bought it. Something about the cover instantly attracted me to it.
1619013784031.png

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Agreed, it bugged me for a lot of reasons. But the Mandarin reveal totally fell flat for me. They did do a Marvel short that basically retconned it to hint that there was a real Mandarin and he was pissed that his name was being used by others but was too little too late. Hopefully Shang-Chi gives that character a proper treatment eventually... not sure if he's in this movie but obviously "Ten Rings" is a giveaway. Unless Marvel is just screwing with us again which is possible lol.

Anyway, IM3 had some good moments. Happy being shown in his Vincent Vega phase in the flashbacks was one of the best damn comedic moments in MCU history imo. But you're right the movie didn't really push the story much other than showing Tony's PTSD developing. Him destroying all of his suits in the end was a cool gesture only to turn around and have it mean nothing because the next film he is in (Ultron) literally starts with him flying around in a suit kicking ass. Oh well, nothing is perfect I guess.

I think Aldrich Killian is the most underrated villain in the MCU. Ultimate puppet master. He manipulates the entire world into thinking there is a Mandarin into terrorist attacks w/ mass casualties, invents Extremis and conducts human experimentation, devises a plan to successfully capture the President, destroys Tony's house, and until John Walker was the only guy that I can recall that killed someone point blank (Maya) until Thanos and John Walker. I guess Ronan did as well to that one Xandarian.

10 rings obviously existed since 2008, so it looks like Aldrich Killian did his homework. He did found the MCU's version of AIM. So I'm sure his cronies knew all about the real Mandarin and used that to create his show.

Also the suits were a by product of Tony's breakdown. None of them worked right, which is what MK 42 represented. The send off was I *am* Iron Man, in that he didn't need his arc reactor or OCD like behavior to make a bazillion suits. He's focused on one suit and improved to nano as the threats evolved in Infinity War.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I invested in X-men & Spider-Man as a kid. Only a few Ironman comics. Familiar with the story lines, not 100% on point with them.
Appreciate you guys sharing and helping to build my excitement for the new shows coming out soon.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

Sony looked in trouble a few years ago. Now they have the two largest streaming services by the short hairs. Amazing to say the least.

Who ever brokered this deal deserves a huge thank you from us fans.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Russell Crowe is joinng the MCU

He'll be playing ZEUS , in the upcoming THOR , Love and Thunder movie

43ccf391507f8db961234f4ab8970f59.jpg

well we've had the Norse gods in the MCU pretty much from the start , it was only a matter of time before we got to the Greeks , Hercules can't be to far behind
thor.JPG

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That'll be really fun if true. It's a shame that RDJ is done because it'd be nice to see Iron Man be involved with a Mandarin/Fin Fang Foom fight at some point but oh well.

My first Iron Man comic I ever bought, and still have, got me hooked and went on an Iron Man frenzy after that. It's kind of sad but I remember the exact magazine rack in a grocery store that no longer exists in my hometown where I bought it. Something about the cover instantly attracted me to it.
View attachment 45020
I used to buy the comic books with what I felt had the best pictures in them. When I was young I used to draw the pictures enlarged. Its how I learned to draw. I always read the comics that I bought but never hooked onto or followed a series for consecutive weeks/months. I never realized that they were ongoing story lines until the movies started coming out.

I still remember the store that I bought them from. I'd always get yelled at because they thought I was reading them off the rack and putting them back. They never new I was leafing through them to find superheroes to draw.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The last episode of Falcon and WS didn’t do it for me.

The suit was amazing. The story was too political for my likings. If you enjoyed it, happy for you. Now it’s onto Loki. Hoping its a good series.