Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for crotch grab

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Fining a player for that is stupid.

That said, Lynch reminds me of that JR high/HS douche bag who does a thing once, gets a little response, and then builds his entire persona on it. Someone thinks the walking backwards into the end zone was cool? Well now I must do it everytime. Because it's my thing, man.

For not addressing the media or grabbing his balls?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
....wow. When I read the first part of your post I was sure you were about to bash the Patriots.
I guess it could go either way

Never forget. The Seattle team is notorious for PED use. IMO that's worse than 2 PSI. Most of the Patriot players I can support. They don't seem to have a problem about screaming to the world "hey look at us Legion of Boom blah blah blah." Shut the hell up. Again, I hope the Patriots kick their asses. Like a 72-0 type of ass whipping. That fucking Seattle team needs to be humiliated.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
For not addressing the media or grabbing his balls?

Mostly his balls, although they both reek of some sort of act. Kind of like how he backs into the end zone now when he's got an open TD. It got on sports center once, so now he does it everytime, even though he soooo obviously doesn't care if the media cares.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
What a stupid fine, sucks that the players can't show any emotion or personality out there any more on account that'll hurt somebody's feefees. Who cares about all the rampant cheating and external problems, good ole goddell stopped a guy from taunting other grown men, so my feelings are spared from such bawdy behavior.

Ramathon

For goodness sakes Goodell leave the players alone. Let them smack talk, celebrate, grab themselves, wear whatever colored socks they want to, etc. Why suck every ounce of joy and individuality out of the game? It was working fine before you and the rest of the obsessively overly controlling types like you came along to ruin the game. Yeah, there should be some rules because it's a business but come on...

Seriously?

If this was some lost in the woods barn hosting DNA rifle fights, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. But this is 'prime time' television with people of all ages watching. Would you really want your 8 yr old kids watching players grabbing their junk, and who knows what else semi-obscene gestures that might occur, if not policed. Really?

'It was working fine before you and the rest of the obsessively overly controlling types like you came along' because there weren't so many players exhibiting the emotional maturity of a 10 yr old finding their way on to the camera so often 'back in the day'. I never observed such immature behavior growing up watching sports. And while the NFL does go overboard sometimes with policing celebratory behavior, the line defining that is not all that hard to define. And grabbing your junk clearly crosses it. If you truly believe it's representative of sucking 'every ounce of joy and individuality out of the game, I pity you. You must lead one boring ass life to view that as 'joy and individuality'.

Lynch is a helluva football player. But he desperately needs physchiatric help.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Seriously?

If this was some lost in the woods barn hosting DNA rifle fights, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. But this is 'prime time' television with people of all ages watching. Would you really want your 8 yr old kids watching players grabbing their junk, and who knows what else semi-obscene gestures that might occur, if not policed. Really?

'It was working fine before you and the rest of the obsessively overly controlling types like you came along' because there weren't so many players exhibiting the emotional maturity of a 10 yr old finding their way on to the camera so often 'back in the day'. I never observed such immature behavior growing up watching sports. And while the NFL does go overboard sometimes with policing celebratory behavior, the line defining that is not all that hard to define. And grabbing your junk clearly crosses it. If you truly believe it's representative of sucking 'every ounce of joy and individuality out of the game, I pity you. You must lead one boring ass life to view that as 'joy and individuality'.

Lynch is a helluva football player. But he desperately needs physchiatric help.

I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with me on this topic or anything else or to kiss my butt, but some simple respecting of another member's opinion is required. Normally I'll warn a member in private but since you insulted me in the open forum, I'll give it to you straight right here - one more attack on a ROD member, especially a mod - and you're out of here.

Btw I don't need your pity, nor do I lead 'a boring ass life.' What I do need from you is to follow our guidelines on posting and deal with what was written in the post and not attack the one who made it.

Ramathon

I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with me on this topic or anything else or to kiss my butt, but some simple respecting of another member's opinion is required. Normally I'll warn a member in private but since you insulted me in the open forum, I'll give it to you straight right here - one more attack on a ROD member, especially a mod - and you're out of here.

Btw I don't need your pity, nor do I lead 'a boring ass life.' What I do need from you is to follow our guidelines on posting and deal with what was written in the post and not attack the one who made it.

So, serial crotch grabbing is an expression of joy and individuality. But a single verbal offense is cause for banishment from the league. Interesting.

Please do ban me. I won't be back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Mostly his balls, although they both reek of some sort of act. Kind of like how he backs into the end zone now when he's got an open TD. It got on sports center once, so now he does it everytime, even though he soooo obviously doesn't care if the media cares.

I don't think it's stupid to fine a player for doing that, especially if they have done it a couple of times and you've told them to stop and fined them before.

Kids don't need to see that. And I don't want to either.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So, serial crotch grabbing is an expression of joy and individuality. But a single verbal offense is cause for banishment from the league. Interesting.

Before he waxes you can I have your 8 mil? (y)

Wait, nevermind give it to @LACHAMP46 and @Boffo97 those two can't figure out how to place a decent wager. :whistle:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Before he waxes you can I have your 8 mil? (y)

Wait, nevermind give it to @LACHAMP46 and @Boffo97 those two can't figure out how to place a decent wager. :whistle:
I can... 2 weeks before my big mistake I won over $50 million on the Rams to beat the spread vs the Raiders. THAT was a good bet.

I just can't do it consistently. :(

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Congratulations! I've been a mod here for almost a year and you're the first non-spam member I've had to ban. That's why the little posting box says "Think before you post."

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Congratulations! I've been a mod here for almost a year and you're the first non-spam member I've had to ban. That's why the little posting box says "Think before you post."
And now that ROD$8 million goes into the secret mod slush fund, doesn't it? DOESN'T IT?!

We demand transparency!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Using kids as morality lightning rods doesn't ring true to me. IMO it's a cheap decoy for an actual argument. Most kids won't think a thing of it, others will see it and maybe they'll be inspired to have fun and do something to differ themselves from the crowd. I really don't see what the big deal is, what bad lesson is he teaching? Its not like he's being women or kids. What wrong does the celebration really convey?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I don't like that Lynch does that it's childish and stupid but I don't think he should be fined for it, just throw a flag for over celebrating. What drives me crazy is everybody out here loves it, thinks it's super funny and cool but they call Rodgers belt celebration, Kap's bicep kiss, manziels money sign and others classless and/or offensive.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Using kids as morality lightning rods doesn't ring true to me. IMO it's a cheap decoy for an actual argument. Most kids won't think a thing of it, others will see it and maybe they'll be inspired to have fun and do something to differ themselves from the crowd. I really don't see what the big deal is, what bad lesson is he teaching? Its not like he's being women or kids. What wrong does the celebration really convey?

Do you want your 12 year old daughter doing it in her soccer games because you think it's no big deal? :)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I'm kind of in between on this one... I agree the gesture was vulgar and inappropriate, but that in general, the NFL needs to stop regulating non-game-relevant content so fiercely.

That said, if the SEAHAWKS punished Lynch for it, I'd have no problem with that... since it was their organization he was making look bad.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm kind of in between on this one... I agree the gesture was vulgar and inappropriate, but that in general, the NFL needs to stop regulating non-game-relevant content so fiercely.

You said it better than I did earlier. (y)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why suck every ounce of joy and individuality out of the game?
You just nailed it. Like I've said here before , the agenda is a social one, it's not about running a sports-entertainment business anymore. Ever read 1984?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Do you want your 12 year old daughter doing it in her soccer games because you think it's no big deal? :)
Sure? I'll just let her know that it'll make people have a mark on her and that she'd better be able to back up her mouth if she's gonna start running it. I'm not gonna pretend like I wasn't a cocky little runt that enjoyed showing my dick to everyone I could. Just gotta know there's consequences to it. I don't see anything inherently vulgar/sexual about it, just a dick move to show people up, maybe that's why it's not such a big deal to me.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yes, in high school. Orwell's date title was about 30 years too soon but he was still prophetic. Another one that is timely is 'A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony Burgess.
Clockwork Orange is too hard for me to watch, but I think I get the message.

The bigger point here is that the NFL is mostly about social shaping, and I think when one views it from that perspective a lot makes sense.