Mark Barron has become one of the best linebackers in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He may have some stats but I still see plays every week where he guesses and is badly out of position.

I still think he is a tweener and out of position but they are making due with the personnel they have. I would prefer to see him playing the same role Cam Chancelor plays and a real beast of an ILB inside with Ogletree.

Wade doesn't run that sort of scheme.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Can’t believe people wanted Barron gone he is definitely worth the contract he signed

Good luck finding those that did to actually stand up. Opinions are wonderful but at least own up. It's ok to be wrong or off now and then. Unfortunately, we have too many jump first hide later weak ass fuckers out there. Sorta like a go gooooo aaaaaa tttttttt member.

Zero

Pro Bowler
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...run-stopping-linebacker-in-the-nfl-right-now/

Mark Barron has become one of the best linebackers in the NFL

Just five years ago, Mark Barron was a rookie safety out of Alabama’s powerhouse defense who’d been taken seventh overall in the draft but was floundering in Tampa Bay. Now, as an inside linebacker on Wade Phillips revamped Rams defense, he’s proving himself worthy of that top ten draft pick.

Back in May, Pro Football Focus already had their eyes on Barron as a leader in defensive stops among all NFL linebackers, as he’d recorded more than all but two linebackers since Week 5 of the 2015 season.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/864046717829861377

However with Phillips playing him as a more traditional inside linebacker – he’s actually stepped up as a run stopper in addition to his exceptional abilities in pass coverage. Barron is the league’s second most efficient run-stopping linebacker through Week 7.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/924331729267159046

The crazy part is, he’s still one of the best linebackers in coverage in the NFL as well. He already has two interceptions, his career-best for a season, and the Rams have only played seven games.

Barron’s overall PFF player grade of 83.7 makes him the 7th highest-graded linebacker on the season thus far. After two pretty good seasons on Jeff Fisher’s talented yet underachieving defense, he’s having the best year of his NFL career thus far – and as the defense continues to jell in Phillips’ system, it’s fair to expect that he’ll only continue to get better.

Annnnd.He is ours through 2021.Love it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I am guilty of underestimating Mark Barron.

I freely admit it.

And I’m Damned happy to have been wrong. Lol.

Never apologize - this board'll CRUCIFY you!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wade doesn't run that sort of scheme.
He's been around pro football his whole life. I'm betting if he had a better fit at ILB he's figure out how to use Barron at SS.

JackStraw

Rookie
I loved Barron's reaction to the game winning fumble he and Tree created last year vs Seattle. Zero emotion. Just chillin' and shit(to be fair he may have been banged up). I want to believe Barron is a very bad man, just not criminally. According to wikipedia Barron was traded due to unprofessional behavior. Probably cause his relationship with team mates was indifferent.

My older brother is a Bucs fan so i'm loving Barron and how he's fit in with the Rams. We lost a 4th rounder that Tampa ended up trading to move up and draft a freakish LB in Kwon Alexander....a kid who might actually be better than Barron.

If there's a team with a better pair of LBs than us it's either TB, Sea, Jax or Oakland. Maybe i'm biased but I think Ogletree is bound to be first team All Pro before his career is through. . He's definitely not going to sneak up on any knowledgeable fans - my fantasy league roster requires 3 individual defensive players(linebackers fill out most team's starting rosters) and Tree was first defensive player drafted yet they laughed when I drafted Barron as nobody had any intentions of drafting him before round 17. I do tend to over hype Ram's players - annoying everyone along the way.