LT OR WR With The First Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robinson/Matthews OR Watkins With The First Pick

• Total voters

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I could have done a none of the above option.

What are your first two options, QB and DE?

My sense from the other thread is Clowney is not as popular as LT or WR, not sure if otherwise Clowney voters would be unevenly distributed or represented in the two choices? In the earlier poll, when the LTs were listed separately, they divided positional votes, and Watkins won by a fairly large margin. I suspected doing it this way might lead to a positional reversal, and so far at least, this has been confirmed. But it could be early, and the ratio could perhaps still change.

No QB in round 1 for me. I'm open to it as early as round 2, though.

Two weeks ago my answer would have been trade down-Watkins, flat out. Now I'm holding off a bit as the Clowney talk heats up. That "once in a generation" tag keeps ringing out to me. I don't think you can pass him up if he's gonna be a future HOF'er because that's what that title emplies. Clowney could havoc in back fields for many years for us. I don't think Watkins could have that kind of impact for us. Besides, you give Williams an arsenal like we'd have in Clowney et all, that screams dominating defensive play. Teams would only want to run on us to avoid third a mediums-longs.

Plus there's always that chancd Quick could come on and be a poor man's Sammy Watkins. In comparison to Watkins, Clowney is supposedly the "Megatron" DE's. You don't pass on Megatron even if you have Fitz and Boldin to pass to like ARZ did back in the day. We don't pass on Clowney unless we get a trade very similiar to the RG3 trade or slightly less.

Last edited:

Ramifications

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't expect us to take Clowney, but I can see why they might pick him, or LT or WR. The great thing is, whether we stay at 1.2 or trade down (if not too far), we should have some great options to help the team and get better no matter what.

I do think he might be the Megatron of DEs, athletically.

Just hope he isn't also the Albert Haynesworth of DEs, effort-wise.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If we aren't going to throw for scheme reasons, getting Watkins to catch 3-4 balls a game isn't as helpful as Robinson blowing holes through SEA and SF like the Luftwaffe through the Polish cavalry for every offensive play!
First of all that's just a terrific sentence.

Also I agree. The more and more that I think about it, the more I become convinced that Robinson is the guy that the Rams should draft. Yes, we know that his pass blocking is probably not all that great right now. However, he can start at LG while he learns better pass blocking technique. In doing so, he'll shore up the interior of the line for at least this season and can be our swing tackle this year (especially if Long is still hurt). Next year if we don't resign Barksdale he can take over at RT and then possibly the next year at LT. The team can develop Robinson at their own pace and allow him to reach his elite like potential without pressure to step in as the blind side guy from day #1. With the extra time Boudreau will be able to shape him into an elite, perennial pro-bowl like LT, who will book end our offensive line for 10-15 years. Now that's what you want out of a draft pick.

In addition he is already a great run blocker. He can step up right now at LG and help open up huge holes for our running game. If our offense is going to be predicated on the running game then we better have guys who can open up holes, even against elite front 7 like the Whiners and Seahags have. Our O-line gelled at the end of last year and was starting to become decent at run blocking, but when the offensive line was not able to open up holes and our running game got hindered our entire offense sucked. Let's face it, the Rams need to have an offensive line can create running lanes against our division, and our division has the best defense in the NFL. Either we're going be able to run on them and win or not and lose. This offense does not do well when it becomes pass first. We really, really need to shore up the run blocking on the OL

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I like that too,then again in the minds of the Watkins guys all those catches go for TD's

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Heck I'd rather have Clowney with our first pick, too. We could get Lewan and 13 win twice. LT is my third option, not even my second. It's times like this I'm glad Fisher's track record doesn't show him locking a T.

Yep I like DL'ers too & would be very excited to watch what our new DC would do with so many very good Ram DL'er pass rushers. But as far as OLT Taylor Lewan being a strong Ram prospect @ 1.13? I like Zack Martin much better knowing that he will be a OLG in the NFL not OLT.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The only way to beat the Seahawks & 49ers to run right at them, now you need to have fire power through the air too, but IMO Matthews or Robinson to start with and then go from there.

iced

We seem to be talking about two different things. Maybe I could use more rigorous or precise language, but I'm trying to convey that very good WRs can be found in the late first to mid-second, and I used Jeffery and Patterson as examples.

you can really apply this to any position - but your game changers, a'la Julio Jones, AJ Greens, are found at the top of the draft. Watkins to me is very similar to Gordon - but doesn't have any off the field issues that we know of..

there aren't any studs on this roster, and we desperately need one, with one staring at us in the face..that's if we want to take this offense to the next level, imo.

You say hindsight, I say revisionist history. NOBODY that I am aware of graded Quick more highly than Jeffery (Randle also a consensus higher grade at the time - STL clearly fell in love with his work out, and said as much, outsmarting themselves from making the scratch pick). Jeffery would have been a better pick.

I'm pretty sure this had more to do with Jeffrey's work ethic being extremely questionable as well as showing up 30-40 lbs overweight...

I liked Jeffery, you didn't.

Never said this - at all.

I don't agree with you at all about Patterson, I think he is special.

I'm not saying he sucks or he's garbage - but for what he does as a first round receiver for the position he's supposed to fill, I'd want more of a route runner.. He's a good playmaker, good in the open space - but I'd take Deandre Hopkins all day over Patterson from a prospect viewpoint

I don't think you are advocating this, but it is hard to make possible decade long impact decisions based on how Cook or Austin did in the first game. Cook never had as good a game the rest of the season, really not even close. Austin was in his first professional game, so no, he didn't set the league on fire game one. Again, Austin was misused. Would you agree that there were a lot of complaints about Schotty's unimaginitive use of Austin for much of the first half of the season? Would you agree that if you run one yard and squat routes into the middle and teeth of the defense, it makes it hard to be open?

Would be irrelevant to me anyway - Austin had 2 td's week 2 and a bunch of catches against one of the most garbage defenses in the NFL - Atlanta.

I really need to start talking about how they led the league in drops while bradford was back there right? And still managed to hold a high number of drops with clemens?

Give Bradford all the time you want - it's not going to make these receiver's suddenly catch the ball.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
"The more and more that I think about it, the more I become convinced that Robinson is the guy that the Rams should draft. Yes, we know that his pass blocking is probably not all that great right now. However, he can start at LG while he learns better pass blocking technique. In doing so, he'll shore up the interior of the line for at least this season"

Completely agree with broke91. I have made many brainy arguments on OT Jake Matthews vs OT Gerald Robinson with JM usually looking to be the best move for Snead for the present & the future trying to use good mind judgement but my gut just leans to Gerald. GR is the much bigger stronger linemen & after the SB it became more clear the Rams will need this to help knock the Seahawks down off their NFL kingdom. GR can be inserted NOW into the Left OG vacancy. Where the only real present player the Rams currently have is "WWC" Brandon Washington. So it not like we have any bonified real OLG starters ready to go. Would GR be an upgrade over Washington? or a Mike Persons.
"and can be our swing tackle this year (especially if Long is still hurt)."
I can agree with half this statement broke91. If long is still rehabbing or has a set or several setbacks with his ACL & MCL or gets injured in 2014 Robinson would be the most likely candidate to move over a few feet left & return to his college position. I believe strongly that Boudreau would not plan to put too much pressure on this rookie OL'er by flip flopping him to one side or the other. I can see Boudreau working GR on the left side working the two OL posts OLT/OLG. As far as the swing OT void I really believe that Boudreau will press hard for the return of UFA Chris Williams. CW has demanded previously that he wants to start & want to compete for a OL post so the Rams must give him a post to contend for....that would be the ORG vacancy where UFA Saffold & Shelley Smith along with cap casualty Harvey Dahl started in 2013. CW has remained the most healthy Ram OL with Joe Barksdale for the last two seasons. Rams need OL'ers who can remain on the field & fully healthy. So there's your Swing OT broke91.

"Next year if we don't resign Barksdale he can take over at RT and then possibly the next year at LT."
I see it in a differently, here if Barks follows Saffold into UFA thus opening up a ORT starting post in 2015 I do not see GR flipping sides. I see Jake Long in 2015 having a chance @ remaining here as a Ram in 2015 for this vacant ORT post but not Robinson. Jake played ORT for two seasons & played it very well. Cap cost @ the OT unit will be a concern. Long may have to renegotiate to be released due to the fact his is due 10.5 mil in 2015. I just do not see Jake Long being our OLT way into the future as most all ROD'mers do.

If we draft GR you could estimate that GR will have a cap hit around 4 mil in 2014, 5 mil in 2015 and 6 mil in 2015 & between GR & JL you would have over 17 mil tied up in the OT posts. Rams will see a sizable jump in the cap cost in the OT unit this season. Last season 2013 Rams paid 3 OT's (Saffold, long & Barks) a little over 6 million. In 2014 this season the Rams have only 2 OT's signed & it will jump up for just these two to over 10 million & the Rams must add a non expensive OT to the 2 they have meaning more cap millions spent in this OT unit. If Rams do not draft a couple high talented OT's now they will be in a big fix with the cap in 2015 in the OT area. Rams must free up some Ol cap hist & thats why I see HD & SW released saving 8.5 mil.

jap

Legend
The Rams need to reload their OL to protect their most valuable asset. It's a shame the past regimes were so negligent in taking care of Sam's OL. Here is a golden opportunity to grab a prime time OL beast in Greg Robinson who can handle both guard and tackle chores. In fact, if the Rams can finagle a trade with Cleveland, we could probably move down to the #4 overall choice and still get Greg.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The Rams need to reload their OL to protect their most valuable asset. It's a shame the past regimes were so negligent in taking care of Sam's OL. Here is a golden opportunity to grab a prime time OL beast in Greg Robinson who can handle both guard and tackle chores. In fact, if the Rams can finagle a trade with Cleveland, we could probably move down to the #4 overall choice and still get Greg.

OK, you got Robinson... then Clowney! If Clowney lights up the combine the IDK how you can pass on him for an OL'man that's not considered near the talent. Rams said they'd offer Saffold a fair deal so I hope he takes it. If Robinson was considered the next Pace then you can justify it but he's not. It would be settling for a need. I'm willing to draft a developmental RT, use Barks as a swing T, and plug in Jones a guard in order to draft BPA early. We have plenty of picks to focus on OL, there is only one Clowney.

I'm hoping Quick can be our Watkins. Snisher seems to beleive in him so I hope they're right.

jap

Legend
Bradford threw for 50 TD's vs 8 INTs in 14 games in college behind a massive line that provided very good protection. He has never had the benefit of such an OL in the pros to date. He can roll out well and toss on the run, but he will never be mistaken for anything other than a traditional pocket passer. Other teams with intelligent FO's were smart enough to ensure their high draft choice QB's were well protected fairly early on. The Rams will never get Sam's best if they don't do likewise.

If they truly want a playoff run next season, protect the guy who is most influential in effecting that wish.

Ramifications

you can really apply this to any position - but your game changers, a'la Julio Jones, AJ Greens, are found at the top of the draft. Watkins to me is very similar to Gordon - but doesn't have any off the field issues that we know of..

there aren't any studs on this roster, and we desperately need one, with one staring at us in the face..that's if we want to take this offense to the next level, imo.

I'm pretty sure this had more to do with Jeffrey's work ethic being extremely questionable as well as showing up 30-40 lbs overweight...

Never said this - at all.

I'm not saying he sucks or he's garbage - but for what he does as a first round receiver for the position he's supposed to fill, I'd want more of a route runner.. He's a good playmaker, good in the open space - but I'd take Deandre Hopkins all day over Patterson from a prospect viewpoint

Would be irrelevant to me anyway - Austin had 2 td's week 2 and a bunch of catches against one of the most garbage defenses in the NFL - Atlanta.

I really need to start talking about how they led the league in drops while bradford was back there right? And still managed to hold a high number of drops with clemens?

Give Bradford all the time you want - it's not going to make these receiver's suddenly catch the ball.

Like I said, I think our chance is better of finding a Jeffery (who made the Pro Bowl) or Patterson (also made the Pro Bowl as a returner?) than a dominant OL like Robinson if needed next year.

2014 Pro Bowl roster

Other than high pedigree Calvin, Andre and AJ (and IMO Watkins isn't as good a prospect as AJ and Juilio)... the best rookie was 3rd rounder Keenan Allen?

Wide receivers
Antonio Brown, Steelers - 6th
Dez Bryant, Cowboys - 1.24
Josh Gordon, Browns - 2nd
A.J. Green, Bengals
Andre Johnson, Texans
Calvin Johnson, Lions
Brandon Marshall, Bears - 4th
Demaryius Thomas, Broncos - 1.22

SEA won the Super Bowl without a big play WR for most of the year. Harvin is a rare, special talent (#2 WR first half of 2012), but he went about 1.20. They played DEN, DT about 1.20, Decker I think a 4th and Welker a UFA? There isn't one mono-solution that is the only possible way to win. Clearly what the offense does best is run, Robinson will accentuate that team strength.

Some other top active WRs that weren't high pedigree (# designates career receiving yards standing)...

Reggie Wayne (#11)
Steve Smith (#19)
Anquan Boldin (#29)
Roddy White (#45)

also

Vincent Jackson
Greg Jennings
DeSean Jackson
Randall Cobb
Victor Cruz
Pierre Garcon
Mike Wallace

The overweight thing about Jeffery is a one note critique. It doesn't change the fact that he should have been the no-brainer pick over Quick. You said hindsight, I say revisionist history on your part. He was a higher graded pick, you have the contrarian, outlier view. Jeffery is listed at 215. When was he ever 255? I guess if the whole WR thing hadn't worked out, he could have just added another 30-40 lbs. and converted to NT! :)

Anyways, you have it backwards, he lost maybe around 15-20 lbs, didn't gain 30-40 lbs, if you are talking about the combine. People lose weight sometimes to run faster at the Combine. That was an unusual weight fluctuation (BMW did have an issue with this, though WRs generally don't experience Nate Newton-like issues), but it did help him to run a 4.4 at his pro day. He did have a drop off in his final 2011 season compared to a brilliant second to last 2010 campaign at South Carolina (same school and pattern as Clowney). His 2010 season was so good, that even an underwhelming, disappointing 2011 season forced scouts to view the two seasons in context. Reportedly QB may have been more of an issue in 2011. Some teams might have factored it as a good thing that he was dedicated enough to be able to lose the weight.

Mike Mayock's 2012 WR rankings, he was #4 after Blackmon, Floyd and Wright (and just ahead of Givens!). Quick nowhere to be found. Or the since traded SF bust Jenkins. Or NYJ Hill. Scratch Pick.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/...on-for-2012-draft/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, as to what you have said about Jeffery, it doesn't seem like you said much other than critically addressing the weight and work ethic. Not exactly a glowing appraisal. What have you said, regarding... your recollection of Jeffery's CONSENSUS standing relative to Quick? If you say lower, I think you are wrong. If you say higher, than we agree, that is my point that it would have been easy to get a WR like Jeffery in the second, if we had just made the scratch pick instead of falling in love with the workout of a low level of competion, Jerome Simpson-like massive project. It was an irresponsible pick if they knew how raw he was, given the state of our franchise and needing help desperately AT THAT TIME, not 3-4 year later (and if they didn't know, it was incompetent - though I think Snead didn't have his scouting team in place and were scrambling with the predecessors he inherited). Randle also would have been a better pick, who went to LSU, a big time program battle tested in the SEC.

Patterson was nearly a second round pick, he is doing fine for where he was picked, it isn't like he was a 1.2 pick, tremendous value at that spot. The fact that he was a JUCO transfer that was one and done and still managed to be a first rounder is a testament to his bigger, stronger and just as fast Harvin-like talent and skill set that tantalized scouts. If he had stayed another season at Tennessee, I think he would have gone much higher. DT and Josh Gordon weren't master route runners or technicians entering the league, most rookies aren't. Hopkins is good, but in the open field compared to Patterson he looks like a plodder wearing cement shoes. Again, if he had started from day one like Hopkins, he probably has 10-12 TDs (9 as it was, starting about a third of the season). How many TDs would you like to have seen where you could concede, hey, maybe this guy is pretty good despite not being an expert route runner. 15 TDs? 20 TDs? If not for the modest JUCO pedigree, the gig would be up already and everybody would know how good he is. I think he has run a 10.5 100 m., about the same as Watkins, despite being an inch taller and 15 lbs. heavier. He and Austin were the two best rookie returners (kick off and punt, respectively), Patterson may be faster and nearly as quick and elusive, and is 6" taller and about 40 lbs. heavier. Another reason I think he will be great is otherwise outstanding athletes could be brought down by a key attribute - bad hands (fellow 1.7 overall speed merchant busts Troy Williamson and DHB examples). Patterson has great hand-eye coordination and natural hands. He is destined to blow up in 2014 if he starts 16 games. IMO he has DT and Bryant-type upside in a few years (both went after 1.20).

I might be an optimist, but I don't think Austin's drops are a death blow to his chances of becoming a very good NFL WR. Again, Schotty misused him early which might have contributed to some drops. He caught well enough to have a historically good IND game once he was more creatively used, and he did better? He may not be as good a prospect to be a volume WR as Bailey, Austin may have fewer receptions, but a higher percentage of them will be impact, big plays. Speaking of Bailey, you left him out again, he may have the best hands on the team, and started like two games, and was a ST ace most of the season. Clemens isn't as accurate as Bradford, which also could have contributed to the drops.

OL may seem like a conservative pick, but increasingly it seems like a smart one, for the following reasons.

Adding Robinson would seem like it can't help (if as advertised, no different from Watkins) but elevate the baseline of the run and pass game, improving both with better run blocking and giving Bradford more time.

Adding Watkins seems more speculative as to the running game. In theory, a better passing game could open up the running game (DEN an example, though we are pretty freakin far from DEN). Adding Robinson seems to me to be a more straightforward way to improve the run game? No doubt Watkins would improve the pass game. But what if we have OL injuries like we always seem to. If Bradford is hurt, there goes the passing game out the window.

If we fortify the OL, that increases the chance Bradford can play this year. And next year. And the year after. If we miscalculate and take a WR that won't even help if Bradford is injured, it decreases the chance Bradford makes it through 2014. And than there may not be a 2015 or 2016 for him. Which I don't want. IMO, he is our best hope to lead us into the future. I don't want to pull the plug, and I don't want anything external that was preventable, to be the cause of having us pull the plug, after such a big investment in time and money. He does have latent, untapped upside, it would be a shame if because of a lack of protection which has led to his earlier struggles, his career is derailed just as he was on the cusp and threshold of greatness. The long wait is almost over.

Watkins might yield a lot more baseline passing yards, but maybe not if Bradford goes down. Robinson should give us a net gain in rushing and passing yards across the board. With better protection of Bradford on the bonus plan.

Robinson may be a question mark in pass pro, but I don't think he will be as exposed if he is a guard initially, giving him time to develop the requisite technique and bring it up to a level where he can more fully unleash his monstrous physicality.

Watkins may get the ball 3-4 times a game at times if we are a run-centric offense (Fisher pounded the ball at his best with Eddie George). It is doubtful given that we would put Watkins to use and feature him like ATL has Julio Jones, we aren't built like that. Spending a really high pick on him might be a misallocation of draft resources for an asset that we could be underusing. It isn't just about need, but intended and likely use. Robinson wouldn't be underused, if healthy, we will get maximal use from him.

Adding a second top 10 WR in as many years (and Quick was one pick from being a first rounder), prioritizing that ahead of stabilizing an aging (not talking about speculative options like Jones, but our actual OL), oft-injured, uncertain due to free agency OL in flux seems like a recipe for disaster, and smacks of the Lions in the Millen-era, where they took four top 10 WRs, got only one right, chronically neglected the OL, and compiled the third worst seven year stretch in league history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramifications

OK, you got Robinson... then Clowney! If Clowney lights up the combine the IDK how you can pass on him for an OL'man that's not considered near the talent. Rams said they'd offer Saffold a fair deal so I hope he takes it. If Robinson was considered the next Pace then you can justify it but he's not. It would be settling for a need. I'm willing to draft a developmental RT, use Barks as a swing T, and plug in Jones a guard in order to draft BPA early. We have plenty of picks to focus on OL, there is only one Clowney.

I'm hoping Quick can be our Watkins. Snisher seems to beleive in him so I hope they're right.

Pace was a great LT, possible (probable?) Hall of Famer. Obviously Robinson could not be THAT good and still be a future serial Pro Bowler. If you name some all time, historically great WRs, Watkins would probably suffer in the comparison with them, too?

Robinson has been surging up the board, to the point where he seem interchangeable with the other 4-5 non-QBs. He is a pretty good prospect in his own right. If he played for a program where he was more proven in pass pro (about the only question, and he seems to have the athleticism to not have excessive concerns about getting coached up on technique), he would be even more coveted. He has a lot of upside.

iced

Like I said, I think our chance is better of finding a Jeffery (who made the Pro Bowl) or Patterson (also made the Pro Bowl as a returner?) than a dominant OL like Robinson if needed next year.

2014 Pro Bowl roster

Other than high pedigree Calvin, Andre and AJ (and IMO Watkins isn't as good a prospect as AJ and Juilio)... the best rookie was 3rd rounder Keenan Allen?

Allen was projected as a first rounder before his knee injury - fell due to concerns about his knee and having a rough 40 time for a wide receiver..combine that issue with his knee, thus why he fell.. Otherwise up until that, he was talked as one of the best if not the best receiver in the draft.

You can point to as many players as you want hitting in later rounds - I can just as easily do it for lineman...and i'd be willing to bet there's more OL hits in rounds 2-4 than WR hits.

Ramifications

Allen was projected as a first rounder before his knee injury - fell due to concerns about his knee and having a rough 40 time for a wide receiver..combine that issue with his knee, thus why he fell.. Otherwise up until that, he was talked as one of the best if not the best receiver in the draft.

You can point to as many players as you want hitting in later rounds - I can just as easily do it for lineman...and i'd be willing to bet there's more OL hits in rounds 2-4 than WR hits.

That still makes the point, Allen was never going to be 1.2, but he would have been great value even in the later first.

Pretty sure I checked off more of your boxes than vice verce (Bailey inexplicably never even mentioned in the section expressing concern about the WRs hands, Jeffery was a better prospect than Quick, etc.).

iced

That still makes the point, Allen was never going to be 1.2, but he would have been great value even in the later first.

Pretty sure I checked off more of your boxes than vice verce (Bailey inexplicably never even mentioned in the section expressing concern about the WRs hands, Jeffery was a better prospect than Quick, etc.).

he was still one of the best and people argued about him being #1 - we all saw why.

You really didn't check off anything - if drafting late receivers worked so often, we'd have a stud receiver - instead our tight end lead the team in yards and a 1st round rookie led in catches..if anything you're supporting my argument. You can find guards/centers past the top 20 - and very rarely is a guard taken in the top 10 range (last year was the exception, and i definitely think warmack was outplayed by other talents, like warford in the 3rd)

Ramifications

he was still one of the best and people argued about him being #1 - we all saw why.

You really didn't check off anything - if drafting late receivers worked so often, we'd have a stud receiver - instead our tight end lead the team in yards and a 1st round rookie led in catches..if anything you're supporting my argument. You can find guards/centers past the top 20 - and very rarely is a guard taken in the top 10 range (last year was the exception, and i definitely think warmack was outplayed by other talents, like warford in the 3rd)

No by that, I meant you keep ignoring that Bailey has great hands, but complaining about hands, and implying it would have involved some kind of mystical intuition (hindsight) to realize Jeffery could easily have been found by us, when he was plainly and simply a scratch pick. You said he "showed up" 30-40 lbs overweight, but he was never 255 lbs. He LOST weight, and it was closer to 15-20 lbs. Your not checking them, they are holes in your previous argument.

Just like we weren't talking about Jake Long NEVER coming back, I'm also not assuming Robiinson will never play LT. He could also play RT, but you keep on glossing over his likely future use. If you really think he will never be anything more than a career guard, I can see why you think the way you do, but once again, it is a contrarian, outlier view, far from the consensus.

Warmack isn't a future LT. Neither is Warford, so you aren't making the point you think you are. It is like if I said I didn't want Watkins because he is a TE, and we don't need another TE. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

iced

t hands, but complaining about hands, and implying it would have involved some kind of mystical intuition (hindsight) to realize Jeffery could easily have been found by us, when he was plainly and simply a scratch pick. You said he "showed up" 30-40 lbs overweight, but he was never 255 lbs. He LOST weight, and it was closer to 15-20 lbs. Your not checking them, they are holes in your previous argument.

actually you're wrong dude - Kevin Demoff made these comments recently.

Bailey hasn't shown me enough to be relied upon - he never knocked anyone off their spot on the depth chart; he mainly filled in for injury for Tavon... he's obviously still being out performed in practice or something is keeping him off the field.
[quote
Just like we weren't talking about Jake Long NEVER coming back, I'm also not assuming Robiinson will never play LT. He could also play RT, but you keep on glossing over his likely future use. If you really think he will never be anything more than a career guard, I can see why you think the way you do, but once again, it is a contrarian, outlier view, far from the consensus.

Warmack isn't a future LT. Neither is Warford, so you aren't making the point you think you are. It is like if I said I didn't want Watkins because he is a TE, and we don't need another TE. :)[/quote]

My Point is we don't need an LT - and I think it's a waste to spend a top 10 pick on any OL position but LT...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clowney at #2. If we move down, Jake Matthews.