looks like the Dodgers were robbed of back to back World Series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree, to a certain extend, except a lifelong of derision, and the label of a being a cheater are enough of a deterrent for many men.

It used to be enough for all.

Many too many in fact.

I don't follow baseball, but the roster has lots of guys and every single one knew all about it on each team and each year.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Initially I thought the Astro penalties were enough. The more I read, the more I think about it not so much.

Vacate the title at the very least and I would seriously consider going after players even though it's difficult and the Players Associate will fight tooth-and-nail.

Oh, and fuck the Astros.

AZRams

I have been waiting since 1988 for a World Series title

Getting robbed by cheaters and having no recourse blows. I mean if they awarded the Dodgers two World Series rings what then? Do we get parades? It’s a joke. I hate the fact the teams I love are getting historically rocked by cheats - the Rams and now the Dodgers.

What is in the Boston water anyway? WTF...

AZRams

Each and every player on that team knew WTF was going on, they should all be fined and suspended.
How about the effects on a guy like Yu Darvish? He had free agency looming and he certainly got a smaller contract directly due to this cheating.
I think there will be some serious outrage over this, these penalties announced should only be the beginning.
BTW, Altuve hit over .400 at home that series, but only .211 on the road. Think knowing what pitch is coming might help a great deal? I sure do.
Damn shame, I really was a fan of his, but no more. He's just a garden-variety cheater.

Steven A. Smith had an interesting idea last week...forfeit their first 50 games. Come back from your 50-game hole you cheating fucks...

…..

Legend
Not happy AT ALL with the pre mediated cheating. Not happy either with the way Altuve blows everything off as if he’s a fucking victim and will overcome adversity to win again. Fuck that.
In related news...I still think the Astros spanked us and would have won without help. Then again, Kirk and the 88 team featuring Ken Fkn Landreaux have a waaaay different opinion I’m sure.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think the Astros spanked us and would have won without help.

It went 7 games. Game 5 went extra innings, and the Astros won 13-12, with them knowing what pitches were coming. How is that a spanking?

Realistically, one key hit - not even an RBI, but a runner getting on to be driven in later - would have made the difference.

The Astros had illicit help (i.e. cheated) and would not have won without that. They have gotten off incredibly lightly. History can't be changed, but there should be penalties so that they return to their usual suckage for years to come. Take away their international signing money, take away a bunch of picks, for years to come. Announce every year that they are being penalized for cheating. Make it clear in the historical record that they cheated to their only World Series title. Players who participated should have suspensions. Eff them.

…..

Legend
It went 7 games. Game 5 went extra innings, and the Astros won 13-12, with them knowing what pitches were coming. How is that a spanking?
Epic series yes. There was some close games, I get ya. And Including 2 one run games. The scores were close but the feeling for me was the Stros had supior offense the entire series, despite excellent pitching from my Dodgers.

one could say we even slumped Offensively. outside the big 13-12 game.

I just felt outmatched, as in the eye test. I do realize the game could change pitch by pitch.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The scores were close but the feeling for me was the Stros had supior offense the entire series, despite excellent pitching from my Dodgers.

Funny. Since they knew which pitches were coming and despite which they narrowly won, that tells me that the Astros were in fact inferior.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well isn’t that interesting lol
Given those splits and we know they cheated at home it's not a stretch to say we should have beaten them. They still barely won the series.

Tano

Legend
Given those splits and we know they cheated at home it's not a stretch to say we should have beaten them. They still barely won the series.
I agree completely.

If not for a few questionable pitching changes by Roberts, I believe the Dodgers win in 6.

The biggest question I had was where Roberts took out Rich Hill with a shut out going after 5 innings.

I would have kept him in for the 6th inning. And then go Maeda Morrow Janson in the 7th 8th and 9th innings.

I think we win that game and thus the series in 6 games.

There were other questionable moves by Roberts in that series but I believe that was the biggest one.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
35874130-88EF-480B-A2FA-1A80A7B41DF3.jpeg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I agree with those that say this is worse than the steroid era. I'm pretty sure any pitcher would rather face a guy on steroids than a guy who knows what pitch is coming. Whatever grief fans give the Astros this season, they deserve it and more. Altuve denied using electronics but he never denied having an edge with the video and trash can banging/whistling. Just come out and admit it. Be a real man.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with those that say this is worse than the steroid era. I'm pretty sure any pitcher would rather face a guy on steroids than a guy who knows what pitch is coming. Whatever grief fans give the Astros this season, they deserve it and more. Altuve denied using electronics but he never denied having an edge with the video and trash can banging/whistling. Just come out and admit it. Be a real man.
I linked a tweet from Alex Wood saying that exact thing. He’d rather face a rounded out hitter than a guy who was told what every pitch was going to be.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Players were given immunity by the commish. Couple that with the titles still standing and I'm about done with this damned sport.

I'd be interested in seeing the specific agreement for immunity. If MLB were smart (a big if) immunity would be contingent on players telling the truth. If somebody covered up part of it to make themselves look better or to lessen the penalties on their team, immunity might not apply - especially for anything they did not admit to initially.

They are cheaters, plain and simple, and have disgraced themselves.