London bridge is falling down...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...bruce-irvin-says-playing-atlanta-falcons-2016

Seahawks' Bruce Irvin says he'll be playing for Falcons in '16
  • i

Terry Blount, ESPN Staff Writer
Seattle Seahawks outside linebacker Bruce Irvin says he will be playing for the Atlanta Falcons in 2016.

"I'm going to be in Atlanta next season," Irvin told BlackSportsOnline.com while attending the Eastern Conference semifinals in Atlanta on Wednesday night. "I'm ready."

Bruce Irvin has had 16.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and three interceptions in his three seasons with the Seattle Seahawks. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
The Seahawks did not pick up the fifth-year option on Irvin's contract, which would have cost the team $7.8 million in 2016. Irvin is playing this season for $1.6 million.

He sent out a couple of angry tweets last week about the Seahawks not picking up his option.

"Faced way tougher adversity getting outta them streets coming up!" he tweeted. "That's s--- is nothing! F--- THAT OPTION!"

Irvin's Sack Attack
i

If Bruce Irvin sticks to his word and leaves Seattle, the lost production won't be lost on the Seahawks. Most sacks in the first three seasons in franchise history:

YrPlayerTotal
1982-84Jeff Bryant25.5
1990-92Cortez Kennedy21.5
2012-14Bruce Irvin16.5
Note: Sacks official since 1982-83
Irvin is from Atlanta and would like to play for new Falcons head coach Dan Quinn, who was the defensive coordinator with the Seahawks before taking the Atlanta job in February.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff, addressing rumors during a radio appearance earlier this month, said he hadn't given a second thought to acquiring Irvin because the linebacker is currently under contract.

Irvin was asked Wednesday if he would stay in Seattle if the Seahawks anted up after this season.

"Atlanta is where I want to be," Irvin said. "Believe that."

Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com contributed to this report.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Saying he'll play for Atlanta next year has to leave him open for a fine right? I mean, he's still a part of the Seahawks. I'm sure you can't be saying shit like that while commited to the hawks.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe .not sure.another disgruntled seabitch.made my day a little brighter.One team going up(us) and one team falling down.soooooo sad. lol

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Saying he'll play for Atlanta next year has to leave him open for a fine right? I mean, he's still a part of the Seahawks. I'm sure you can't be saying crap like that while commited to the hawks.

Actually it opens Atlanta up for a fine if he signs with them.

There will be tampering charges filed if he goes to Atlanta. Irvin just tied Atlanta's hands with that comment

Breaking news: Atlanta will never sign Bruce Irvin.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually it opens Atlanta up for a fine if he signs with them.

There will be tampering charges filed if he goes to Atlanta. Irvin just tied Atlanta's hands with that comment

Breaking news: Atlanta will never sign Bruce Irvin.

No. If Atlanta had said they'd sign him after this coming season, that would be tampering. They haven't tampered though. In fact, the GM said they hadn't thought about him, since he's under contract - which is precisely what he was supposed to say.

Tampering applies to teams, not to players speaking out on their own.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The last thing Dan Quinn wants is Bruce Irvin
If any ex-seahawk it's gonna be a Gus Bradley who needs a player like Irvin after DF went down

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm sure his teammates are happy that he's looking already to leave the team before the season even starts. It is a shame that players like him have a ring meanwhile Marino, Gonzalez and Jackson don't.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
London Bridge is broken down,
Broken down, broken down.
London Bridge is broken down,
My fair lady.

Build it up with wood and clay,
Wood and clay, wood and clay,
Build it up with wood and clay,
My fair lady.

Wood and clay will wash away,
Wash away, wash away,
Wood and clay will wash away,
My fair lady.

Build it up with bricks and mortar,
Bricks and mortar, bricks and mortar,
Build it up with bricks and mortar,
My fair lady.

Bricks and mortar will not stay,
Will not stay, will not stay,
Bricks and mortar will not stay,
My fair lady.

Build it up with iron and steel,
Iron and steel, iron and steel,
Build it up with iron and steel,
My fair lady.

Iron and steel will bend and bow,
Bend and bow, bend and bow,
Iron and steel will bend and bow,
My fair lady.

Build it up with silver and gold,
Silver and gold, silver and gold,
Build it up with silver and gold,
My fair lady.

Silver and gold will be stolen away,
Stolen away, stolen away,
Silver and gold will be stolen away,
My fair lady.

Set a man to watch all night,
Watch all night, watch all night,
Set a man to watch all night,
My fair lady.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,
Fall asleep, fall asleep,
Suppose the man should fall asleep?
My fair lady.

Give him a pipe to smoke all night,
Smoke all night, smoke all night,
Give him a pipe to smoke all night,
My fair lady.[2] (selassie?)

The rhyme is constructed of quatrains introchaic tetrameter catalectic,[3] (each line made up of four metrical feet of two syllables, with the stress falling on the first syllable in a pair; the last foot in the line missing the unstressed syllable), which is common in nursery rhymes.[4] In its most common form it relies on a double repetition, rather than a rhyming scheme, which is a frequently employed device in children's rhymes and stories.[5] The Roud Folk Song Index, which catalogues folk songs and their variations by number, classifies the song as 502.[6]

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
No. If Atlanta had said they'd sign him after this coming season, that would be tampering. They haven't tampered though. In fact, the GM said they hadn't thought about him, since he's under contract - which is precisely what he was supposed to say.

Tampering applies to teams, not to players speaking out on their own.

I said Irvin tied Atlanta's hands. If in fact he signs with Atlanta, Seattle would have a tampering case.

Irvin stating he will sign with Atlanta, Seattle could make a case that the statement from Irvin implies there has been a conversation with the Falcons.

I understand who and what tampering applies to.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Man, what's happening with the Seahawks, the wheels are falling off.
Look how fast we declined after a SB loss that we weren't supposed to lose. It does something to the psyche of a team. By 2016, this division is going to be a dog fight between the Cardinals, assuming that can retain top QB-play, and the Rams.

…..

Legend
Interesting. I always thought it was "London Bridges falling down".

So its not plural huh? Wow, whoulda thunk that?

Oh...and about the Seahwaks... Fuk them and that idiot Bruce Irvin.

WvuIN02

Starter
Seattle didnt pick up his option and he's been productive too, I'd want out where the team showed they weren't appreciative either. And its more than Quinn, that's where Bruce Irvin grew up.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said Irvin tied Atlanta's hands. If in fact he signs with Atlanta, Seattle would have a tampering case.

Irvin stating he will sign with Atlanta, Seattle could make a case that the statement from Irvin implies there has been a conversation with the Falcons.

There'd be no case whatsoever based on a loudmouth player saying he wanted to play for another team while under contract. If Irvin had said that he had actually talked with Atlanta, that would be different.

If Seattle tried to bring tampering charges based on what Irvin has said, they would look silly, and it would be dismissed for lack of evidence.

Now, I'm all in favor of Seattle looking silly, but I doubt they would even try in this case, unless there is some actual evidence that Atlanta and Irvin have spoken against the rules.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

How does that stop Atlanta from signing him again ?? Are you saying they did talk to him ?? Your accusing the Falcons ??
Still have to present facts..
Why would Seattle file tampering ,especially against Quinn.I believe they are in good terms.Seattle is about next man up.There is a thing called salary cap.The Hawks made the choice to allow Bruce Irvine to walk ?

Will The Rams pick up Tavon Austin's contract option ?? Ogletree ??

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I believe he is allowed to say what he wants, it's his agent that can't say things like that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
For the record, London Bridge is just fine. I happen to have a vacation home in Lake Havasu, so I get to travel over and under it quite frequently. Spring Break is out of control, but it's an excellent vacation destination for boaters from all over So. California.

http://www.golakehavasu.com/about-us/london_bridge1.aspx