Let Danny Amendola walk for a 2nd or not.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Keep Danny Amendola or let him go for a 2nd

• We have to keep him. He is what Bradford needs.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Let him go, Salas is ready to step up and Rams have other needs.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Danny Amendola was the LEAST of our problems over the past couple of years. One fluke injury in an area that likely won't ever get injured again. We need that lil dude buzzing all over the underneath zones. Just concentrate on getting a couple of legit threats on the outside.

Anonymous

He's not being courted, not by the Patz anyway.

He's in Maine for a funeral.

The Boston Herald says, no Patz visit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love Amendola as a player, and a part of me wants to keep him. But if we can get another second round pick for a slot receiver, I think we're doing a very good job. That's not even mentioning how much I like Salas' potential. Remember: Salas was ranked third amongst rookies in receptions and receiving yards before he got hurt (above such notable names like Torrey Smith, Greg Little, and Jonathan Baldwin and below only Green and Jones). Oh, and I like Pettis as well. He's earned my respect with how he handled his suspension, and he has a fair bit of potential as well.

We could get a good starter with the pick we receive - and a good starter is worth a slot receiver any day.

Just my honest opinion.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If t was the skank Pats and their late 2nd round pick I would keep him as long as it was reasonable contract. Who else for sure do the Rams have that can catch the ball. Bottom line he moves the chains. It was a blessing to find him in the first place.

But can see the otherside, Salas may have more upside and even a late 2nd rounder may be a starter by some time next year.

What made me post this poll was 3 arguments I witnessed today include a very loud profanity laced one by to old fools at the Wafflehouse on my way home from work. I take mine smothered by the way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
He's not being courted, not by the Patz anyway.

He's in Maine for a funeral.

The Boston Herald says, no Patz visit.
It's the tender we're talking about though. If *anyone* were to offer a 2nd rounder for Amendola, would you take it?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
If t was the skank Pats and their late 2nd round pick I would keep him as long as it was reasonable contract. Who else for sure do the Rams have that can catch the ball. Bottom line he moves the chains. It was a blessing to find him in the first place.

But can see the otherside, Salas may have more upside and even a late 2nd rounder may be a starter by some time next year.

What made me post this poll was 3 arguments I witnessed today include a very loud profanity laced one by to old fools at the Wafflehouse on my way home from work. I take mine smothered by the way.
Smothered and covered. Only way to go.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I love Danny, but with the current receivers on the team and the possible value of a 2nd round pick, I think I'd let him go. I think Salas could step up and be an asset to the team. If not for Salas, then no.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Too late, I've already decreed it.

"Thou shalt not trade Danny Amendola."

Serious repercussions for breaking the dude's commandments. You don't even wanna know....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:

Serious repercussions for breaking the dude's commandments. You don't even wanna know....

What shalt happen if Snead ignores thine commandments?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
X said:

What shalt happen if Snead ignores thine commandments?
Guessing...something like this...
5075777292_d4ae884736.jpg

I'll add: I'd be very happy to keep our "mouse on crack" if he doesn't want to break the bank. He would continue to be a solid target for Sam.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Exactly. I shalt mark him zero.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Keep him. Hes gotten the most reps with Bradford, and that chemistry is very important moving forward especially with the new offense being installed.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, let's keep the little guy. If we lose him, I'd be happy with the extra 2nd round pick but......I'd miss him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd like to keep him, I've always liked him, even when he was a long shot at camp a few years back.

I'm interested in seeing how negotiations are going with him, I hope to see him get locked up for a few years to a good cap hit. If we can't then we'll move on I'm sure, but I'd like to see him in horns for the next few years.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
I love Danny, but with the current receivers on the team and the possible value of a 2nd round pick, I think I'd let him go. I think Salas could step up and be an asset to the team. If not for Salas, then no.

Completely agree. I think Salas has higher upside, and given the opportunity he may become a better slot receiver.

Also you have to look at the business side. Danny hits FA next year. He will likely have to pay up to keep him or let him walk. The draft pick would be under contract, on the cheap, for years to come.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I just bought the damn jersey at the end of the season and hardly had a chance to wear it. Please just keep him for one more season. Unless NFL would like to reimburse me like they made Ocho do when he changed his name.

Anonymous

Guys, again--the DA to Patz talk was all bogus.

He never visited the Patz.

It was just a media rumor.

The Boston Herald has debunked it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
zn said:

So what, other teams have been mentioned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:

Again, we're talking about the tender. Not the Patriots. Hypotheticals, if you will.