League imposes more than $43,000 in fines on Aaron Donald, Justin Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-43000-in-fines-on-aaron-donald-justin-britt/

Posted by Mike Florio

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald and Seahawks center Justin Britt will be making significant involuntary contributions to the league’s favorite charities as a result of their interactions during, and after, last Sunday’s game.

Between them, Donald and Britt will fork over more than $43,000.

It started after Donald returned what would have been a turnover, if it wasn’t an incomplete pass. Britt shoved Donald hard when Donald was clearly out of bounds. The league fined Britt $20,054.

Donald retaliated, drawing a $10,026 for grabbing Britt’s facemask during the exchange.

After the game, Donald was still miffed at Britt. So, after Donald removed his jersey and shoulder pads, he put his helmet back on and confronted Britt again. The league fined Donald another $13,369 for his actions.

That was last week,” Donald told reporters on Friday, via Cameron DaSilva of USA Today. “We’re trying to get ready for the Chiefs. Coach talked to us and that’s the past so we’re moving on and we’ve gotta be better. I just gotta control my temper. I just gotta be better. . . . You’ve gotta be smarter with the game. Can’t hurt your team.”

Donald was asked whether he’s worried that the Chiefs will try to push his buttons.

“They ain’t going to get under my skin because that’s the past and I learned from it,” Donald said. “I think everybody learned. We all saw it, we all were involved with it so we understand what we need to do to be better.”

It’s always easier said than done. No matter what Donald tells himself before the game, playing in the game makes blood pressure spike, quickly. And plenty of coaches will deal with a periodic penalty if it means having a guy on the field who plays with an attitude.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least he didn't get suspended for losing his cool. Sad though that a player being dirty deliberately trying to hurt somebody that's been beating him play after play all game long got the lesser fine. Clear priorities by the NFL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least he didn't get suspended for losing his cool. Sad though that a player being dirty deliberately trying to hurt somebody that's been beating him play after play all game long got the lesser fine. Clear priorities by the NFL.

Actually he got fined double what ad did for that incident.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Donald ended up with 23k in fines Britt 20k, that's what I'm referring to. If you want to break it down in to 2 infractions from AD sure he paid less.

jjab360

Legend

Plus something tells me AD can afford it a little easier lol.

Speaking of which, I always thought uniform league fines were a little unfair. To some players, that's chump change, to others a large fine can be an entire game check.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald ended up with 23k in fines Britt 20k, that's what I'm referring to. If you want to break it down in to 2 infractions from AD sure he paid less.

hopefully next time he learns to let it go so the other team gets a 15 yard penalty. that would have made the job easier for the d and harder for the opposition.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Plus something tells me AD can afford it a little easier lol.

Speaking of which, I always thought uniform league fines were a little unfair. To some players, that's chump change, to others a large fine can be an entire game check.

They allow you to appeal the fine for a reduction if you don’t make enough

Ellard80

Legend
I like the comments by the Rams about those penalties.

Now to make sure its not just lip service.

tempests

Hall of Fame
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-43000-in-fines-on-aaron-donald-justin-britt/

Posted by Mike Florio

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald and Seahawks center Justin Britt will be making significant involuntary contributions to the league’s favorite charities as a result of their interactions during, and after, last Sunday’s game.

Between them, Donald and Britt will fork over more than $43,000.

It started after Donald returned what would have been a turnover, if it wasn’t an incomplete pass. Britt shoved Donald hard when Donald was clearly out of bounds. The league fined Britt $20,054.

Donald retaliated, drawing a $10,026 for grabbing Britt’s facemask during the exchange.

After the game, Donald was still miffed at Britt. So, after Donald removed his jersey and shoulder pads, he put his helmet back on and confronted Britt again. The league fined Donald another $13,369 for his actions.

That was last week,” Donald told reporters on Friday, via Cameron DaSilva of USA Today. “We’re trying to get ready for the Chiefs. Coach talked to us and that’s the past so we’re moving on and we’ve gotta be better. I just gotta control my temper. I just gotta be better. . . . You’ve gotta be smarter with the game. Can’t hurt your team.”

Donald was asked whether he’s worried that the Chiefs will try to push his buttons.

“They ain’t going to get under my skin because that’s the past and I learned from it,” Donald said. “I think everybody learned. We all saw it, we all were involved with it so we understand what we need to do to be better.”

It’s always easier said than done. No matter what Donald tells himself before the game, playing in the game makes blood pressure spike, quickly. And plenty of coaches will deal with a periodic penalty if it means having a guy on the field who plays with an attitude.
Seahawk fans at it again in the comments. Calling for a three game suspension. Trying to slap the Vontaze Burfict label on Donald. Complaining about the dirty Wade Phillips defense (wasn't it the Seahawk player that cheap-shotted Donald out of bounds?)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I would bet the fines are the result of the media asking AD if he was fined and asking McVay if AD was fined. The media really made a big deal out of what wasnt a big deal at all. Fines are usually announced on Tuesday and the fact this didnt come out til Saturday suggests it was levied later than Tuesday. And as mentioned above, if the officials would have shown a little bit of balls or brains, either would have been suffice, the whole situation could have been avoided. As long as officials allow OL to hold choke and tackle the Rams DL there is going to be tension in the trenches. If the ref would have warned both sides before things got out of hand maybe Britt wouldnt have taken the cheap shot he took after AD was well out of bounds. There were multiple missed holding penalties on almost every play that sheattles O ran.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And as mentioned above, if the officials would have shown a little bit of balls or brains, either would have been suffice, the whole situation could have been avoided.

if they had blown the play dead as an incomplete pass, like they said they ruled on the field after letting play go on for 20 seconds, the incident would have never happened. fucking clowns.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And, the ref didn’t react on the out of bounds push from behind....Until Donald got up and grabbed his face mask. I don’t get it...open season on Rams players?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Seahawk fans at it again in the comments. Calling for a three game suspension. Trying to slap the Vontaze Burfict label on Donald. Complaining about the dirty Wade Phillips defense (wasn't it the Seahawk player that cheap-shotted Donald out of bounds?)
Seattle's D KOd two receivers in two weeks and the Rams are dirty?

dang

Legend
I need to watch the play again but 1) exactly why wasn’t it a dead ball penalty for intentionally grounding the ball. 2) why wasn’t the play whistled dead before Donald picked up the ball and 3) why the F wasn’t the flag thrown immediately after Britt hit Donald 5 yards out of bounds. Are these F-ing refs just there to watch the game with the best seats in the house or are they There to officiate a highly charged competitive game to keep s#%^ like this from happening.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don’t get it...open season on Rams players?

Time to bust out my old profile pic...
This image sums up the relationship between the Rams and the Refs quite accurately...
kenneth-darby-rams-umpire_1665086.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I agree that the refs screwed this up for Aaron Donald and could have prevented all this from happening, the stats don't bear out that the Rams are being picked on penalty-wise more than the other teams.

The Rams are tied for 23d with the Eagles and Bengals with 55 penalties called against them. Interestingly enough, the Chiefs get penalized more than any other team with 84 penalties called against them. The Titans have the least amount with 41 and of course the Patriots are 31st with 47.

The Chiefs have 12 offensive holding penalties, while the Rams have 6. The Chiefs also lead the league with 14 defensive holding calls. The Rams are tied for second with 6 roughing the passer penalties.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numpen

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And, the ref didn’t react on the out of bounds push from behind....Until Donald got up and grabbed his face mask. I don’t get it...open season on Rams players?

I'm pretty sure he threw the flag straight away. That's why when ad rushed in to confront Britt the ref threw his hat.