LB Takeo Spikes visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
biggame1190 not lovin Hull:
Its whatever. But I would like another LB to replace Hull as backup Middle (unless they would like Dunbar at that post).

The only thing Josh Hull has going for him is being the Jeff Fisher celebrity softball home run derby champion...And he lost that to another JAG camp body in Mike McNeill this season....The coaching staff has to know that he is only a so-so special teamer and has no upside as MLB and no versatility at OLB. Not to mention finished the season on IR numerous times.

I'm all for replacing Hull and Dunbar. I just think he's an upgrade over Spikes. He may only be a so so special teamer but I bet he's better than Spikes.

Are you saying you think Spikes has an upside? :lol:

I hope the Rams use a lot of their resources next year to address both the LB and Safety corps.

There's also another LB out there that I wouldn't mind signing. Wish I could remember his name darn it! :domg:

Replacing Dunbar?? O_O!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Just as long as he's not taking Jabara's spot.
I don't think he can take another rejection from the Rams.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
You know, in 15 years that this guy's been playing, he's only had ONE winning season with a club? The 2004 Bills. The rest of the years he's played (with the Bengals, Bills, Eagles, 49ers, Chargers), his teams have been 8-8 or worse. Sometimes WAY worse.

Maybe he's jinxed. In which case, I don't want him here anymore.
In fact, he should be on the next bus outta there tonight.
Maybe he's due...

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
albefree69 said:
Its whatever. But I would like another LB to replace Hull as backup Middle (unless they would like Dunbar at that post).

The only thing Josh Hull has going for him is being the Jeff Fisher celebrity softball home run derby champion...And he lost that to another JAG camp body in Mike McNeill this season....The coaching staff has to know that he is only a so-so special teamer and has no upside as MLB and no versatility at OLB. Not to mention finished the season on IR numerous times.

I'm all for replacing Hull and Dunbar. I just think he's an upgrade over Spikes. He may only be a so so special teamer but I bet he's better than Spikes.

I hope the Rams use a lot of their resources next year to address both the LB and Safety corps.

There's also another LB out there that I wouldn't mind signing. Wish I could remember his name darn it! :domg:

What..Who said Spikes has upside? I said its whatever, I don't care that we didn't offer Spikes. All I was suggesting is that we have another player replace Hull at LB, who has no upside and is truly the definition of a JAG and an injury riddled one at that.

LosAngelesRams said:
Replacing Dunbar?? O_O!

You don't get me bro...Dunbar has played MLB in the past with the Saints and in college so if I had it my way Dunbar would be slotted as backup MLB in the very rare case that JL is out...This DOESNT mean Dunbar is benched or wont start OLB. Come on now...

Then one would hope one of the UDFAs or Sammy Brown or Jabarra Williams beats out Hull.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Honestly, Spikes is an upgrade over Hull if he's being slotted as the backup MLB.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Don't see the need. Hire him as a coach. Better yet, steal Mike Singletary as a LB coach, that man was an animal.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
biggame1190 complaining about being misread:

What..Who said Spikes has upside?
My bad Biggame. I could explain why I said that but it doesn't matter if i misread you. Sorry bud.

LosAngelesRams said:
Replacing Dunbar?? O_O!

You don't get me bro...Dunbar has played MLB in the past with the Saints and in college so if I had it my way Dunbar would be slotted as backup MLB in the very rare case that JL is out...This DOESNT mean Dunbar is benched or wont start OLB. Come on now...

LosAngelesRams was responding to something I wrote and not to you.

I'd like to replace Hull too but worrying about replacing our back up LBs can wait until later IMO. :lol:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
biggame1190 said:
albefree69 said:

What..Who said Spikes has upside? I said its whatever, I don't care that we didn't offer Spikes. All I was suggesting is that we have another player replace Hull at LB, who has no upside and is truly the definition of a JAG and an injury riddled one at that.

LosAngelesRams said:
Replacing Dunbar?? O_O!

Then one would hope one of the UDFAs or Sammy Brown or Jabarra Williams beats out Hull.

I actually was not even talking to you but ok lol.