Kurt Warner says he now wonders if Pats gained unfair edge in Super Bowl XXXVI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I also forget, that 9-11 had just occurred, so the nation needed the Patriots to win cuz you know, we are all Patriots....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes indeed. Here are a select few - and yes, I cherry-picked the comments that fit my point of view. :sneaky:
That’s a fair point. I believe they’re not doing anything egregious as compared to what other teams do but you do have to at least consider the possibility that something is/was fishy about it all.
----------
Kurt Warner is a man of integrity so don’t bash him. I think everyone in America wonders the same thing. Too bad Goodell burned all the evidence and now nobody knows.
---------
Patriots are cheaters……period. Only people who can’t accept it are patriot fans. Thats it!!
---------
Makes you wonder, doesn’t it, Kurt? Who knows what types of shady things Belichick got away with before people became suspicious.
-------
Anyone who saw that game can remember it seemed very odd and coincidental that for 3 1/2 quarters the Patriots seemed to know exactly what play the Rams were going to run despite the new formations installed specifically for the game.

And a few years later came the discovery of the Rams walk thru video among the Patriot’s video archives.
----------
When a team gets B-U-S-T-E-D during a dynastic Super Bowl run, and the evidence is so damning that the tapes are ordered BURNED by the NFL Commissioner — you probably were doing some low down dirty filthy stuff.

For those who may not recall, Robert Kraft’s tone after the Spygate “fines” was one of humility, acceptance of “responsibility” and Kraft even appeared to be euphoric and relieved that the tapes and evidence was destroyed, and that the penalty from the NFL was merely something he could cut a check for. For fines like that, to Kraft, is like couch cushion money.

Now Kraft’s tone is one of defiance and self-righteousness. It’s like, HOW DARE ANYONE QUESTION THE INTEGRITY OF BELICHICK AND COMPANY???

Really??? Seriously???
---------
People are missing the point here. Everyone is blaming Kurt Warner’s INTs as the reason why Rams lost. Everyone is calling sour grapes.

C’mon people. This is what happens when the other team videotapes your walk-thru and knows exactly your plays. Not difficult to INT a ball when you know the exact spot where the ball will be thrown.

This was the greatest show on turf playing the SB on turf in a dome against a mediocre Patriots defense. Everyone called Belichick a defensive genius after this game when in fact he was merely a video-taping cheater.
---------
Let the best cheaters win!
----------
Of course they cheated, and deflating balls won’t be the last time they cheat. They got caught once, and that didn’t stop them as them just got caught again.

They won’t stop because they have zero incentive to stop. Even if you get caught and lose a 1st round pick because of it, I think most people would trade some draft picks for a super bowl title. Until the league is actually willing to take away victories and super bowl trophies there won’t be any incentive to stop cheating.
---------
LOL – Bill Belichick has another 10 tricks that he got away with and the rest of the NFL still isn’t aware of. If you’re not cheating, then you’re probably a loser.
Kurt – Be careful because Mr Kraft will insist on a public apology for your comments which tarnish the greatness of Belichick and Brady.
---------
Makes me wonder also when the sorry Browns dominated the Patriots when Mangini was the head coach.

Leads me to conclusion because Mangini knew Belichicks tactics that the Pats didnt have any intel that week and the Browns crushed the Patriots or Mangini taped the Pats practice as paybacks.
--------
if you believe that the pats didn’t cheat, you also believe in the tooth fairy
-------
It must suck being a pats fan. Always having to defend your team from criticism brought on themselves. Don’t worry. Pats run will end soon when Hoodie loses a grip and Brady retires. Then you all can go back to being red sox fans full time.
---------
We have had to listen insufferable Pats fans arrogantly telling other football fans concerned about their cheating that we are just all jealous of their winning while our teams are losing. I could care less about the Superbowl, but I will be sure to tune into the end of it when the Pats are hanging their heads due to another SB loss.

I can’t wait to see the smug look on Robert Kraft’s face turned upside down into a scowl. I can’t wait to read the whining accusations by childish Pat fans against officials for bad calls that went against the Pats. I especially can’t wait to see Richard Sherman console Tom Brady with a big ‘ Are U still mad, bro?’
----------
Since many of you Patriots homers seem completely unaware of some of the reasons the Greatest Show on Turf-era Rams feel like they might have gotten hosed in that Super Bowl, here’s one example.

Then-STL OC Mike Martz devised 3-4 brand spanking new mis-direction plays specifically for that game that had never been seen before. The Patriots, according to Marshall Faulk and other Rams, knew exactly what was coming on them. These were difference-making plays.

People don’t hate the Patriots because we “aint ‘em.” The resentment is grounded in the fact the Patriots don’t compete like men with honor.
----------
The indignation of all these Patriot fanboys is quite a hoot. Warner is being candid with his comments instead of regurgitating cliches. He was beaten in that SuperBowl when SpyGate was running on all cylinders. Several years later, Patsies are back in the big game and again they are caught in an NFL sting, manipulating the rules. Any reasonable man would feel cheated, or at least it would be understandable if he has that thought cross his mind. Grow up boys, your idols are now and forevermore tainted as potential frauds.

The NFL is a game of inches. A simple advantage here or there can make a difference between 9-7 mediocrity and 12-4 dominance. A play that goes one way or another here or there can determine home field advantage. The Pats transgressions do not turn a 3-13 team into a SuperBowl contender. Bill and Tom are great at what they do. Even more reason to find this behavior so objectionable. Don Shula, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh are forever remembered as geniuses who made major contributions to the game. Bellichik will be remembered as the NFL equivalent of A-Rod.
---------
We all know the Pats taped that walkthrough before the Super Bowl. Belichick’s own video guy, Steve Scarneccia, was busted red-handed doing that exact same thing for McDaniels in Denver, resulting in the 2nd SpyGate fine handed down by the NFL to Belichick-connected parties.

When asked why he did it, Scarneccia said he figured McDaniels would want him to – because that’s what the Pats and their ilk do. You Pats fans complaining that the Rams loss was due to their turnovers are disgusting – your team knew all their plays before they ran them. Of course you got some turnovers.
---------
His comments weren’t directed at his winning or losing one game, but rather that every team every game every outcome with the Pats since Bellichek/Brady will forever have a small raincloud over it. True enough. Proof or not the damage has been done. 10 years from now we’ll still be talking about it.
---------
Funny how no one in New England realizes just how shady their team is. I could not support a team like that. They had enough talent to be perennial contenders for years. However that was not enough. Everyone outside of New England knows that they have not won a single Superbowl without a little help off the field.
---------
This whole thing reminds me of Lance Armstrong. Someone who built a career by cheating a lying and making himself a hero built on those lies.

The Patriots are the same way! Tom Brady and Bill Cheater have built this legacy of greatness that has most likely been built on a huge, smelly mound of lies!!
---------
When Brady fumbled the ball in the game prior to the suoerbowl, the refs cheated calling tuck rule. NE never should have been in that game to start, should have been Raiders. Since it was shortly after 911 and NE has a name like patriot, NFL wanted that win. A true patriot would play fair- NE has an asterisk after every superbowl.

They are the king of cheaters. They should not have won the Ravens game this year- why was Revis not called for pass interference when he talked a receiver in the end zone on forth down making them kick a field goal which is 4 points less- the difference in the game. If there is cheating going on NE is always involved/ coincidence- I think not.
----------
There were a number of bad calls in that game and they all went against the Rams.

One of the most blatant was on that last drive, when a Pats player was clearly down before going out of bounds, he wasn’t even close, but they ruled he made it out and the Pats got the clock stoppage they desperately needed.

One play that probably wouldn’t have made a difference but was as stark as could be was when the Pats kicked the winning FG.

There were 7 seconds on the clock and it took all 7 seconds for a 48 yard FG.
----------
Kurt Warner is a very respected HOF QB. He has celebrated success and endured defeat many times in his career. When he speaks out on his concerns about the Patriots fair sportsmanship, it is because this latest scandal has reopened a long lingering wound and doubt. That doubt has also been shared by some of his old Ram teammates as well. Kurt should track down Matt Walsh who once claimed he taped the Rams SB practice for the Pats
--------
Rams 24 – Pats 17…..Warner throws for over 400 yds and 3 TD’s on that Sunday night in Foxboro and I believe was the last loss of the season for them. I’m sure Bellichex gathered massive intel during that matchup for future use. I can’t agree more with the poster that stated that after 9-11 the US needed the Red-White-Blue Patriots to rally the the US, trouble is they had to totally SCREW the Raiders to get them there….

For anyone who’s watched football for years before that game I ask you…Have you ever heard of or seen the “Tuck Rule”? Total BS….as for the game, Pats were hitting hard, and late and out of bounds…and it was clearly a blow to the head of Warner by Vrabel on the pick 6, so that should have come back…I could go on and on about the absolute hosing, but the Raiders have the biggest complaint, at least the Rams got to play in the game…