Kenny 1k yards Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree I just don't think we have to break the bank for him and imho I think him and Jeffery offer you the same thing I'm not too big on Jeffery as others

In the sense that both are big, vertical threats, yes. In the sense that they are comparable WRs, no.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are 4-11, no HC, a rookie QB that has done nothing yet, and no 1st round pick next year. The only reason he wanted to come to the Rams was because of Fisher. Why would Britt want to stay in 2017?

FRO

Legend
We are 4-11, no HC, a rookie QB that has done nothing yet, and no 1st round pick next year. The only reason he wanted to come to the Rams was because of Fisher. Why would Britt want to stay in 2017?
Good question. Britt may want to play the field and get paid. Free agents always get overpaid on the open market and Britt is still relatively young.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the sense that both are big, vertical threats, yes. In the sense that they are comparable WRs, no.
Britt
68 recs 1002 yards 5 touchdowns 14.7 yards per catch

Career 309 4881 30 15.8
Alshon
51 recs 811 yards 2 touchdowns 15.9 yards per catch

Career 303 4539 26 15 yards per catch

They are very similar

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Britt

Career 309 4881 30 15.8
Alshon

They are very similar
cd264f5113c44334a2621e4a6416e21e.jpeg

The thing is, it took Britt 8 years to do what Jeffery did in 5.
In terms of stat production, though, they're obviously pretty close.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt

Career 309 4881 30 15.8
Alshon

They are very similar
Kenny Britt has played in 104 games, Jeffrey only 62
They aren't similar at all

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
cd264f5113c44334a2621e4a6416e21e.jpeg

The thing is, it took Britt 8 years to do what Jeffery did in 5.
In terms of stat production, though, they're obviously pretty close.
I understand that but they offer the same thing and Alshon has always had the better Qb throwing him the ball

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenny Britt has played in 104 games, Jeffrey only 62
They aren't similar at all
They play the same way. So how are they not similar same height alshon just thicker but Britt is quicker.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They play the same way. So how are they not similar same height alshon just thicker but Britt is quicker.
Because Alshon has been incredibly effective when he plays, Britt? Has his moments but no consistency

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt

Career 309 4881 30 15.8
Alshon

They are very similar

No, they're not. Other people have already spoken about the inadequacy of the comparison considering Britt has played 40+ more games over his career.

On the season, Alshon has played 11 games to Britt's 15.

Over the last four years, Alshon is averaging over 80 receiving yards per game. Over the last two years, Alshon is also averaging over 80 receiving yards per game. This is Kenny Britt's best year of his career, and he's averaging 66.8 receiving yards per game.

Over the last four years, Alshon posted 50+ receiving yards in 38 of 52 games. He has also posted 12 100+ receiving yard efforts in that span of time. Over that same span of time, Kenny Britt posted 50+ receiving yards in 22 of 59 games. He also posted 5 100+ receiving yard efforts in that span of time.

They're not remotely comparable. Alshon is a consistent WR. He's a #1 WR. He's one of the top 10 or 15 WRs in the NFL. Britt is none of those things.

Comparing Alshon and Britt because they're both big-bodied vertical threats is as logical as comparing Doug Baldwin and Antonio Brown because they're both great route runners who are short.

Alshon is a far better player than Britt. Britt doesn't come remotely close to Alshon in terms of hands and catch radius.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because Alshon has been incredibly effective when he plays, Britt? Has his moments but no consistency
Who has been throwing the balls to Britt though. If Alshon was on this team he would be Quick

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, they're not. Other people have already spoken about the inadequacy of the comparison considering Britt has played 40+ more games over his career.

On the season, Alshon has played 11 games to Britt's 15.

Over the last four years, Alshon is averaging over 80 receiving yards per game. Over the last two years, Alshon is also averaging over 80 receiving yards per game. This is Kenny Britt's best year of his career, and he's averaging 66.8 receiving yards per game.

Over the last four years, Alshon posted 50+ receiving yards in 38 of 52 games. He has also posted 12 100+ receiving yard efforts in that span of time. Over that same span of time, Kenny Britt posted 50+ receiving yards in 22 of 59 games. He also posted 5 100+ receiving yard efforts in that span of time.

They're not remotely comparable. Alshon is a consistent WR. He's a #1 WR. He's one of the top 10 or 15 WRs in the NFL. Britt is none of those things.

Comparing Alshon and Britt because they're both big-bodied vertical threats is as logical as comparing Doug Baldwin and Antonio Brown because they're both great route runners who are short.

Alshon is a far better player than Britt. Britt doesn't come remotely close to Alshon in terms of hands and catch radius.
Lol so @jrry32 we can blame Goff terrible stats on the oline and receivers but we can't give the benefit of the doubt to Britt. No one is answering my question of who is throwing the ball to Britt Vs Alshon. Cause that would be obvious right. All I'm saying is that I'm not sold on Alshon at all as being a number 1. I feel like he is Britt at best a very good number 2. If Britt had better Qb play he would have had better yards and Britt was hurt a lot early in his career. You can talk about Britt Drops but Alshon drop just as many as Britt. All I'm saying is that if we have to break the bank on Alshon I rather not I resign Britt to a manageable contract and go get someone like Pryor basically get 2 for 1 and pay less for them both

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who has been throwing the balls to Britt though. If Alshon was on this team he would be Quick
Nah. Britt is having his best season, with arguably the worst QB play. If they are open, they get the ball.
Jeffrey is much better than Britt. His QB look better, because they are throwing to him
And Jeffrey has been getting 90 yards a game with Matt Barkley at QB. Eek!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol so @jrry32 we can blame Goff terrible stats on the oline and receivers but we can't give the benefit of the doubt to Britt.

I've given Britt the benefit of the doubt for years. I expected this sort of production from Britt as soon as he got anything approaching decent QB play. That's not the issue here. You're conflating thinking Britt is better than how the rest of the league regards him with Britt being as good as one of the best WRs in the NFL.

Prior to this year, Britt was a better player than he was given credit for being. He was always capable of a year like this. His play with the Rams was of that caliber. But that's a far cry from the sort of seasons that Alshon Jeffery has shown he's capable of producing.

No one is answering my question of who is throwing the ball to Britt Vs Alshon. Cause that would be obvious right.

Cause it's not a necessary question to answer. Playing with a bad QBs doesn't make you an elite WR. Brian Quick isn't as good as Jordy Nelson because Quick plays with bad QBs.

Alshon produced with guys like Matt Barkley, Jimmy Clausen, Brian Hoyer, and Josh McCown throwing him the football. He's not playing with Tom Brady. He's played with Jay Cutler. And when Cutler inevitably goes down or gets benched, he's played with Cutler's backups.

All I'm saying is that I'm not sold on Alshon at all as being a number 1.

You're entitled to your opinion. But Alshon has pretty clearly proven to me that he's a #1 WR.

I feel like he is Britt at best a very good number 2. If Britt had better Qb play he would have had better yards and Britt was hurt a lot early in his career. You can talk about Britt Drops but Alshon drop just as many as Britt. All I'm saying is that if we have to break the bank on Alshon I rather not I resign Britt to a manageable contract and go get someone like Pryor basically get 2 for 1 and pay less for them both

It really depends on how drops are defined. If we use a broad definition of dropped passes, no, Alshon doesn't drop as many as Britt. And on top of that, Alshon makes catches that Britt simply doesn't make. Alshon is one of the best 50/50 ball WRs in the NFL.

Personally, I think I'd rather move on from Britt unless he's re-signing at a discount. If him and Pierre Garcon are asking for the same amount of money, I'm choosing Pierre Garcon.

Simply put, if I can get Alshon Jeffery at a reasonable price, I'm jumping on it. He's the type of WR we haven't had since the days of Holt and Bruce.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Come on, my friend. You and I both know that statement is ludicrous. Since 2013, Bears' backup QBs have started 13 games with Alshon at WR.(McCown - 5, Clausen - 1, Hoyer - 5, Barkley - 2) In those 13 games, Alshon has produced:
73 catches
1090 yards
14.9 YPR
6 TDs

Over a 16 game season, that averages out to:
90 catches
1342 yards
7 TDs

That's not Brian Quick production. That's Isaac Bruce production.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've given Britt the benefit of the doubt for years. I expected this sort of production from Britt as soon as he got anything approaching decent QB play. That's not the issue here. You're conflating thinking Britt is better than how the rest of the league regards him with Britt being as good as one of the best WRs in the NFL.

Prior to this year, Britt was a better player than he was given credit for being. He was always capable of a year like this. His play with the Rams was of that caliber. But that's a far cry from the sort of seasons that Alshon Jeffery has shown he's capable of producing.

Cause it's not a necessary question to answer. Playing with a bad QBs doesn't make you an elite WR. Brian Quick isn't as good as Jordy Nelson because Quick plays with bad QBs.

Alshon produced with guys like Matt Barkley, Jimmy Clausen, Brian Hoyer, and Josh McCown throwing him the football. He's not playing with Tom Brady. He's played with Jay Cutler. And when Cutler inevitably goes down or gets benched, he's played with Cutler's backups.

You're entitled to your opinion. But Alshon has pretty clearly proven to me that he's a #1 WR.

It really depends on how drops are defined. If we use a broad definition of dropped passes, no, Alshon doesn't drop as many as Britt. And on top of that, Alshon makes catches that Britt simply doesn't make. Alshon is one of the best 50/50 ball WRs in the NFL.

Personally, I think I'd rather move on from Britt unless he's re-signing at a discount. If him and Pierre Garcon are asking for the same amount of money, I'm choosing Pierre Garcon.

Simply put, if I can get Alshon Jeffery at a reasonable price, I'm jumping on it. He's the type of WR we haven't had since the days of Holt and Bruce.
What price is reasonable for Alshon though.. to me he hasn't proven anything except that he played with a pass heavy offense. I do like his jump ball ability and you have a way of always saying I don't know what I'm talking about the same with Goff and you misinterpreted everything I said.i never said Britt was better all I said is that I view Alshon as another Britt. Which means I will not pay the type of money he is going to be asking for because if Goff is everything you think he could be I feel like the drop of with having Britt for cheap and someone else that the money can go to is more beneficial. Cause if we pay another 15-18 million per yr on him and he gives us Britt numbers then once again we got played. And Britt is more than capable then a 1000 yard season and 5 touchdowns. But like I said to me Alshon is another Britt albeit a little better but how much is that worth??? That's the question that I'm posing. If you think Britt is going to get big money from FA then how much do you think Alshon is going to get. I rather sign Britt to a 4 yr 30 million contract with 15 million guaranteed then pay to pay Alshon he is at least going to want ty Hilton money at 13 million a yr at minimum. We can do something else to help this team then to sign him for that type of money

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Britt is having his best season, with arguably the worst QB play. If they are open, they get the ball.
Jeffrey is much better than Britt. His QB look better, because they are throwing to him
And Jeffrey has been getting 90 yards a game with Matt Barkley at QB. Eek!
And yet if we had Matt Barkley we probably be in the playoffs the last couple years.