Keith Olbermann calls for Goodell to resign

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I 100% agree with him. Goodell is a scumbag and has completely ruined the NFL. Screw him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
How annoying was Olbermann in that piece?? Ugh, him and Goodell both suck...

Alan

Legend
I think some posters are letting their politics effect their judgement about this matter. Exactly which part of the video do people disagree with? It was a shameful decision and when you add all the other crap Goodell has done (destroying tapes that proved the Cheatriots cheated being just one), he should be forced to resign IMO.

jap

Legend
Goodall should have been forced to resigned when he revealed he had destroyed the SpyGate recordings.

RamWoodie

Legend
What's an Olbermann? Is it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5)???

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Commissioners are politicians. David Stern was crooked and so is Goodell.

markstewart67

Rookie
Olberman is an idiiot
He might be an idiot, But he's right. REALLY!!?? a big 2 game suspension for knocking your wife out!!?? REALLY!!?? He didn't just slap her (not that that's acceptable) but he KNOCKED her out cold. Rice is a douchebag and should have been made to at LEAST sit out half the season. Shame on Goodell.
GO RAMS!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
How annoying was Olbermann in that piece?? Ugh, him and Goodell both suck...
OLBERMAN IS THE ONLY sports guy more annoying than Bernie, I hate the whole ,"you should resign "omniscient attitude most everywhere it manifests,who appointed him to be that judge?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So much about Goodell's handling of this is just so wrong. Having Ray Rice's wife tell her side IN FRONT of Ray and his agent and attorney? WTF? How is that supposed to get him to the truth? And Goodell SAW the tape of Ray striking his then fiancee, so he can't pretend that he doesn't know.

I've got two daughters and this whole thing makes me sick. What kind of message does it send if a multimillionaire gets a 2 game suspension, a standing ovation from fans and he never has to utter any words saying things like "I struck her" or "I did it" or "What I did was wrong". No, he has been allowed by the league to use all this passive voice bullshit like "situation".

KO is right on this one. Goodell has played the corporate stooge for too long. He has NEVER been a Commissioner and it's time for his reign of failure to end.

The NFL needs an actual Commissioner to LEAD the NFL forward.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I think some posters are letting their politics effect their judgement about this matter. Exactly which part of the video do people disagree with? It was a shameful decision and when you add all the other crap Goodell has done (destroying tapes that proved the Cheatriots cheated being just one), he should be forced to resign IMO.

That's the thing Alan, PC is what Olbermann is all about, and once you let that cat out of the bag...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
He might be an idiot, But he's right. REALLY!!?? a big 2 game suspension for knocking your wife out!!?? REALLY!!?? He didn't just slap her (not that that's acceptable) but he KNOCKED her out cold. Rice is a douchebag and should have been made to at LEAST sit out half the season. Shame on Goodell.
GO RAMS!!!

Not that it matters, but for the sake of being accurate, she was not his wife at the time of the incident.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Say what you want about Olbermann, but he's right. Why is the league always so surprised when you find guys getting behind the wheel and running over old ladies or killing people or just generally being terrible human beings when they all but slap them on the wrist when they find out about the conduct? These guys think they're untouchable and why shouldn't they when the league justifies those thoughts with limp wristed punishments like this?

Being a pot smoker is worse to the league than drunk driving and beating the shit out of somebody for the world to see. That's pathetic and sets a terrible standard for these men to live by.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I despise Olbermann so much I can't even watch the video. All I can do is picture his hate spewing face from when he was on MSDNC. He can switch back to sports but he can't switch off that personality.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well the whole story as far as it's been told is known only to Goodell and those in that inquiry,regardless anyone's ideas all these opinions are half informed ,I'd bet there is some collective bargaining provision that limits his authority here ,I'm not a fan of Goodell BTW