Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
One more year? Playoffs or bust.

My heart tells me continuity is important - keep building. The talent is there...

My head tells me: if the talent is there the only thing holding us back is coaching. He's made some bad decisions and they its us the playoffs this year. Foles, weird game managment at times, an offensive philosophy that says "hey offense - don't lose the game for us", a career record of missing playoffs but putting together enough meaningless wins at the end of the year to be a "respectable record", constantly playing down to inferior opposition but showing the rosters talent when playing a good team...these things are pure Fisher and seem to be what you get with him.

One more year then I'd fire him if we don't get anywhere. I'd retain Snead if possible.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
There's a difference between discussing what is pretty much the only relevant thing to be discussed now that our season has ended, and just venting. I don't see why part of you hopes we lose our football team. I doubt the fans in another city will be any happier with consistent losing, and I doubt the message boards will be any gentler after a solid decade of really bad teams. If it's no fault of our own, then why do we need to be thinned?

Exactly, the idea that somehow the fans are "Bad" or not doing their part is just ridiculous! I understand not being a fan of fair-weather fans and bandwagon fans, but lets be honest those people left long ago. Individual players on this team are, and have been, worthy of fans and praise during the last 10 years...the team as a whole has not. They have given us some great games, a few big upsets, a few moments of joy - but it is nearly impossible to be happy when at the end of the year the team is below .500. Yes fans are tired and peeved...this team just rolled over for one of the worst teams in the NFL...our team with its' great talent and super secure coach lost to team that lost massive numbers of players in the off-season, a team that had several of their best players retire suddenly, a team that is at the bottom end of a rebuild that should take them a few years.

Really does anyone think the Rams would be getting much better press or fan support anywhere else (outside of maybe Clev)? Sure if they move they will get a honeymoon period...but you give your new location 10 years of fail (don't care if it is LA/London/SA/or Iowa City) then things will be just as bad...and likely worse there.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me it’s simple. Fisher’s got to look at himself in the mirror and say we’ve got to hire a real OC and I’ve got to stay out of his way. IMO Fisher needs a sit down with coach Vermeil ;)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a difference between discussing what is pretty much the only relevant thing to be discussed now that our season has ended, and just venting. I don't see why part of you hopes we lose our football team. I doubt the fans in another city will be any happier with consistent losing, and I doubt the message boards will be any gentler after a solid decade of really bad teams. If it's no fault of our own, then why do we need to be thinned?

Exactly.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Can we just start deleting these as soon as they pop up? FA and 4 months until the draft. Great

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I think about half the current fan base needs to take a break from football. Too many act like a losing NFL team is akin to having a 5yr old child with cancer.

I call bullshit on this post - what a fucked up comparison man, nobody here is acting like losing being akin to having a 5 year old with cancer - get that shite out of here

I suggest you take a break or bust out your Bronco jersey - but get that shite out if here

Not gonna even mention the person I know with cancer who is extremely young - cause clearly your post shows such extreme lack of tact that going into detail with you would be a serious waste of my time

- with your permission can some of us get back to talking sports???

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh good. It's another vent thread in the making.
It's amazing the amount of assumptions made about Silent Stan. He sure spends all the salary cap for a guy who supposedly doesn't care about the team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah is obvious Kroenke does'nt care about winning games.
Fisher is the only coach in the league who has job security after 4 losing seasons and making $7m a year.
Nice work if you can get it lol

As much as we hated Georgia at least she cared about wimning despite all the losing.
Kroenke only cares about the bottom line: making money.
Which is why there is no way he fires Fisher to sit at home and collect $7m.

Wow yeah Georgia's track record of selling good players and not spending money on coaches or players proves she was all about the wins.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So obviously he didn't get fired. Huge bummer. I'm not optimistic at all for next season. Unless we get Drew Brees, Alshon Jeffery and hire Asshole Face as the OC, I'm scarcely going to care about Rams football in 2016.

Lesson

Oh, really?
My patience is growing thin with Fisher. These past 2 seasons have been lost due to him failing to address the QB position successfully. A QB should have been drafted higher than Gilbert was in 2014 after Bradford tore his ACL. Foles' was worth the gamble, but he didn't work out. Keenum seems to be a great backup, but I don't think he should be, or is, the long term answer for QB.

The 3 plays to set up the GZ attempt in OT were all runs. That is a conservative offensive mentality. The other coach in the game yesterday, who might have been more conservative than Fisher, was fired after 1 season.

I'm skeptical of Fisher being back another year. If QB and OC are addressed appropriately(meaning a guy other than Keenum is brought in and Fisher casts a wide net when doing interviews for OC with coaches outside the organization and if he comes to the conclusion that Boras should be the guy, fine) I'll be OK with Fisher being back another season. There's a reason why his contract is 5 years instead of 3. But I would've expected at least a winning season by now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I hear continuity is important. But if you've had 4 losing seasons in a row why would you want continuity with that?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wow yeah Georgia's track record of selling good players and not spending money on coaches or players proves she was all about the wins.

I nearly spit my coffee after reading this Old School,

man I'm only in my early 40's but grew up at Anaheim stadium and I remember it all !

For anyone who needs a refresher course there are two movies modeled after her: Major League and Any Given Sunday -- both the women owners are crafty money hungry blondes.... Anyway

I think Georgia even fired the cool baton throwing guy in the endzone cause he wanted a raise (that may or may not be true). Anyway I enjoyed watching my Rams as well as the guy who threw the fire baton into the sky

for some of you guys that never saw it, there was this "sheep" that they'd drape in Rams garb and tie to a leash and walk it around between commercial breaks - the funny thing is was nothing like our Ram mascot, which is a huge majestic mountain beast with giant horns of destruction -- no this was some small timid male sheep with thee huge low hanging balls . It just was not the vision I had in my mind, but for Georgia I guess it was just fine - in other words cheap

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
If there was any improvement at all even a little I'd give Fisher another shot...there just isn't any light at the end of the tunnel.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Did Stan ask? I must have missed that. But I'm glad to see another productive thread about it.
To those that are screaming for Fisher's Head I have one question " had the Rams Won that 4th straight Game, would you still be screaming for his head on a post!!?!o_O I think NOT!!:headexplosion:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me the fun is in discussing football. Sometimes things aren't positive. For me, I don't get the push to be "positive" as if you can't support your team fully and still want to talk about coaching changes and roster moves. I liken this place to sitting in a bar, or leaning on your neighbors fence. A neighbor isn't going to hold his opinion back to order to keep to my version of "supportive". I know my neighbor is a Rams fan even if he doesn't like the QB. I don't see his opinion as doom and gloom, but as his real thoughts on the state of the team. A friend at the bar isn't going to say "oh well, what are you going to do?", he's going to say "Paul, we need a new @#+?$@# coach." Anyway, that's JMO.
I like talking football too. And discussing things that may happen. Sure there's a certain amount of fun in looking back at the game, Monday morning QB'ing and saying if and but. But that's not what we're talking about here. Fisher isnt getting fired, he's the coach for 2016. So IMO, talking about who we'd rather have, isnt talking football. Because no discussion will come to fruition. He's the coach

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
To those that are screaming for Fisher's Head I have one question " had the Rams Won that 4th straight Game, would you still be screaming for his head on a post!!?!o_O I think NOT!!:headexplosion:

I would. In fact, I predicted that the Rams would go on a tear the last 4 games - winning just enough to keep JF around but not enough to to - you know - actually win anything.

Honestly, it's been 4 years.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
For the people not wanting him fired and comparing us to the Browns I want you to please answer for me how four years is not enough time. I agree that we shouldn't fire a coach within three years. But he has had FOUR seasons now and can't crack .500. Of course it is best to stop changing coaches but first you have to find a guy who can get the job done and THEN keep him around. You don't keep a guy around just for the sake of continuity. Especially if his record is a losing season every year. You find a new coach and then give him four years. Fisher has had that and a lot of draft capital and still can't get it done. Houston and Washington can make the playoffs but the Rams still can't. He has had six winning seasons in 21. How can anyone think the Rams will be perennial playoff contenders with him? Answer is we won't. Time to get a new guy and give him four seasons. Fisher is the 4th highest paid coach in the NFL I believe. Browns are firing coaches after one or two seasons. Fisher does NOT deserve to be the first coach in the super bowl era to get a fifth year with a team when his first four were losing seasons. It is time for us to stop settling for mediocrity.